• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Pajero1993
    • Nov 2009

Pajero 1993 NH front suspension upgrade

Good day all

My Pajero needs some attention on the front suspension, do you know where i can get the best prices to replace the Front ball joints, all the bushes and tie rod ends?
  • Gasolinejunkie
    • Sep 2009
    • Melbourne

I got a reasonable quote from Peddars for a few front end components like Ball joints, tie-rod ends, Idler & Pitman arm. I think it was $400ish for the lot, but that was trade price of course.

Comment

• bakerboy
      "valued 3000+ member"
      • May 2008
      • Perth

avoid pedders like the plauge, over priced carp
      If I agreed with you, then we would both be wrong

'89 NG Paj, 3L V6, now running 2" suspension lift, 33" Micky T Baja Claws's, Front LOKKA & 12,000lb winch

Comment

• Pajero1993
        • Nov 2009

Been to Pedders and yes they are expensive, do you have any other suggestions on where to get the parts at a better price?
        Thanks

Comment

• Wiseowl
          Valued Member
          • Jun 2009
          • Brisbane

I also agree stay clear of pedders
          Formerly 1998 NL Pajero Sold*******
          2007 BF MK11 302 BOSS GT VK4LQ

Comment

• Gasolinejunkie
            • Sep 2009
            • Melbourne

The quote I got from Peddars was reasonable, but that was cheaper than retail. I buy most of my parts from Bursons

Comment

• Pajero1993
              • Nov 2009

Been to the website for Bursons, you need an account with them before you can register on the website. Is there a way around this, all i want is to see the pricing for Ball joints, tie-rod ends, Idler & Pitman arm.

Cheers

Comment

• Gasolinejunkie
                • Sep 2009
                • Melbourne

Ring them up and get a quote

Comment

• dank54
                  • Jul 2009

I wouldn't generalise as far as saying that pedders are crap. Some of the components they make are of good quality but the prices are fair.

Do keep away from their drive on tests though.

At the end of the day 99% of the components are made in china these days anyway.

Bursons are reasonably cheap and if you go in with a pair of overalls on you usually get trade....
                  NH GLS LWB V6 MANUAL

Comment

• fossil
                    • Mar 2008
                    • Blue Mountains NSW

I agree, stay away from Pedders.
                    I can't comment on the gear they sell, but the tacktics they use to encourage you to spend lots of loot on jobs that aren't required is not an honest way to do business IMO.
                    I was quoted over $2600.00 for all bushes..front and rear, as well as for shocks, a pitman arm, and a cup of coffee.
                    I got a local mechanic to do all of the above using greasable urathane bushes and lovels gas shocks for 495.00. I bought and supplied the shocks seperately though, and the rear sway bar bushes were not done because they were fine according to my mechanic.
                    I also bought some rock crawler torsion bars, and fitted them before getting work done. They were fitted before Pedders looked at the car.

Old paj was never better after this work was done.

Comment

• PJDM1980
                      • Jan 2009
                      • Geelong, Victoria

I wouldn't let Pedders touch my car but they have good products i used their grey series springs and shocks with air bags and installed them myself, and they great!!!
                      '92 GQ Nissan Patrol Ti, Auto, pretty much stock apart from GME TX300. Just ticked over 350,000klm's. Start the mods soon!

Comment

• Pajero1993
                        • Nov 2009

Originally posted by fossil View Post
                        I agree, stay away from Pedders.
                        I can't comment on the gear they sell, but the tacktics they use to encourage you to spend lots of loot on jobs that aren't required is not an honest way to do business IMO.
                        I was quoted over $2600.00 for all bushes..front and rear, as well as for shocks, a pitman arm, and a cup of coffee.
                        I got a local mechanic to do all of the above using greasable urathane bushes and lovels gas shocks for 495.00. I bought and supplied the shocks seperately though, and the rear sway bar bushes were not done because they were fine according to my mechanic.
                        I also bought some rock crawler torsion bars, and fitted them before getting work done. They were fitted before Pedders looked at the car.

Old paj was never better after this work was done.
                        Thanks

Where did you end up buying your shocks and did the mechanic replace back and front bushes for 495?
                        I have taken my car to two different places and each time the list changes of what is wrong. Can you give me a contact for that mechanic as i will be interested inb finding out what he deems wrong with the front suspension as well as the price he will ask to complete the job.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X