• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 4x4Enthusiast
    • Dec 2014
    • Brisbane North

Tow Pro Elite Functionality

I have a tow pro elite installed and it worked fine. I did some work recently (installed light bar) and now I think there is something wring with the electronic brake system.

WITHOUT a trailer hitched to the vehicle I can't see any light showing at the controller button of the EBS that is installed in the dash next to the steering wheel. I saw the light when I was installing the on/off push button of the light bar next to the controller button of the EBS.

I tested for power of the EBS at the andersen plug at the back of the vehicle (where the trailer connect) and it is fine. I used one of those testers where the light comes on if the clamp is on earth and the pin is on the +ve.

Do I need to worry about anything?

Is the light of the controller button supposed to be showing when no trailer is connected. According to the user manual of the Tow Pro the auto calibration light is supposed to be visible even if no trailer is connected.

When installing the light bar I did disconnect the wire of the toe pro on the battery terminal. Should the EBS be reset in some way once the wires were disconnected?

Cheers
  • 2bad4u
    Valued Member
    • Jun 2009
    • Perth, Western Australia

Once it is calibrated then you will only see a light with a trailer connected.

Also, if it is connected to your Anderson plug your wiring is incorrect. It should be to pin 5 on your trailer plug.
    Warren
    2012 NW DiD Activ - Retired
    2023 Nissan Y62 Patrol Ti

Comment

• Pajshomoneroguntero
      Valued Member
      • Jul 2013
      • Sydney

As above. Press the towpro control button and it should give one blue pulse.
      NX GLS MY16 Auto: MM Towbar | Spare Lift Kit | Cooper ST MAXX 265/65R17 | SPVi Module mk3.1 | Autosafe Half Cargo Barrier | Torque Pro App | Donaldson 3um 2ndry Fuel Filter | Diff Breathers | GME4500 UHF | Rhino Rack Pioneer Platform | Roley's Rear Bash Plate | Bushskinz Underbody Protection | Airtec Snorkel | Onboard Compressor | Awning | ARB Deluxe Bar | Lightbar | Sherpa4x4 Winch | Bushskinz Sidesteps | Masten TPMS

Build Thread

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
      Working...
      X