Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > General Information > Fuel and fuel systems

Fuel and fuel systems Petrol vs Diesel, LPG Conversions, premium fuels, and all that gas

Old 07-11-17
Valued Member

Default Provent catch cans

Hi All,

Where have people in SA bought their Provent catch cans from?

Cheers,
Vlad

Edit: Found the following kits as I don't have the time nor space to make my own brackets etc.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/ProVent-2.../262463061277?

and interestingly, the following for MY17 Pajeros which is $50 more expensive:
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/ProVent-O...8AAOSwE8NZk7KI

Last edited by vladguan; 07-11-17 at 01:15 PM.
Old 07-11-17

I ordered mine through Western Filters (as linked), but added an additional bracket to the air filter base to stop engine vibration causing the Provent to touch the brake reservoir.
That was over 2 years ago though, so they may have altered to bracket to stop this.
MY14 GLX Pajero DID auto with Lift, 265/70 R17 MT51s, Full Bushskinz plates , Scotts Rods 3" TBE, Johnny Tig FMIC, TME ECU remap, Provent, OL Bullbar, Ironman 9500lbs winch, dual batteries, torque converter lockup, nomad valve body, aeroflow AF72-6000 transmission cooler with 9" fan and radiator cooler bypass, 3.15 reduction gears, traction contol mod (on/off), Uniden 8080S, flappy paddles, Rhino flat rack mounted on ARB rails, 42" Stedi ST3K light bar and custom drawers
Old 07-11-17

I bought mine from that link. Is a good kit and very easy to fit. Amazes me how much oil is collected every few weeks.

Benny.
2011 NT Pajero Platinum, dual batteries, MM alloy bar, Stedi 8.5" LED driving lights, Bushskinz side steps & bash plates, Provent catch can, EGR disabled, Auto-mate TC lockup, 2 micron secondary fuel filter, custom 3inch exhaust, JT intercooler, Bilstein + Lovells 2 inch lift, Airbag Man bags, DBA slotted rotors & Bendix 4WD pads, braided brake lines, diff+gearbox+transfer breathers, Redarc boost & EGT gauge, H-Reese Compact brake controller, Uniden UH7760NB and Scangauge II.
Old 07-11-17
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by twisted32 View Post
I ordered mine through Western Filters (as linked), but added an additional bracket to the air filter base to stop engine vibration causing the Provent to touch the brake reservoir.
That was over 2 years ago though, so they may have altered to bracket to stop this.
Twisted32 - still rubs against reservoir. Used a foam backed leather patch to stop the rubbing.

Hi Vlad - Got mine from Ebay as well a couple of months back, but waited till Ebay had one of its 10% off days before buying the full kit.

Rory

2010 NT DID Auto Platinum. ARB Bar; 12000lb winch; Light-force 240 spotlights; Bushskinz plates; dual battery with upgraded wiring; Diff breathers; ECU re-tune; 3" exhaust Toyo AT11's; Ultra-gauge and OBD11 dongle; Garmin 52LM; Icom UHF; Craig Davies transmission cooler with fan; raised EHD Lovells coils; Mann & Hummel Catch Can; Bilstein B6's; Firestone airbags; Tekonsha P3 controller; towball capacity 300KG; GVM 3110KG. Sunland Patriot SE van with a few other mods.
Old 08-11-17

I purchased from Western Filters as soon as I picked my 2014 NW about six weeks ago. The bracket supplied was pretty flexy so I went back to them with my concerns and they supplied a newer style bracket that was thicker and spaced the Provent away from the master cylinder. I believe this is now the bracket supplied in the latest kit. I also added a stay that bolts underneath the airfilter bracket. No movement at all now when the engine is running. I am a pedantic owner so I supplied my own hose from the cam cover and used the OEM as the return.

James
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Bracket.jpg (67.2 KB, 302 views)
File Type: jpg Fit.jpg (74.5 KB, 298 views)
File Type: jpg Hoses.jpg (83.0 KB, 292 views)
Old 08-11-17
Valued Member

Cheers James,

What hose did you get? Likewise the sping. Also, do you remember the measurements for that riser bracket you made?

Finally, from looking at the eBay item, it appears that it does not include the elbow piece that people are using. Is this something extra I have to get?

Cheers,
Vlad
Old 08-11-17

The hose is a brand called SpeedFlow Pluetone and the outside metal coils are Unicoils. They should be available from any good parts store. The hose is available from http://www.mscn.com.au/plutone-clear...d=clear%20hose Due to the bend I wanted I needed to trim the engine cover a bit, but it does not look out of place.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Cover trim.jpg (81.6 KB, 183 views)
Old 08-11-17
Resident

Hi Vlad,

A few of us in SA bought the HPD kit.

http://hpdiesel.com.au/mitsubishi?ze...0uin5beggqle11

It's a little more expensive, but it installs very easily.

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_and_m View Post
Oil Catch can installed this arvo.
Simple job. All parts provided including a custom bracket.
I chose the HPD catch can as it is beautifully made and all Aluminium. Top quality product.

Having a snorkle it installs in a different position to the stock car.
Nothing mentioned on the web site about there being a kit if you have a snorkle. Fortunately I dropped into their workshop to work out mounting location and found out.

You should be able to get a small discount if you mention the Pajero Club Forum.

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....

Scorpro Explorer Box
Old 08-11-17

Curious to know what it looks like inside and does it work as per a Provent, with a replaceable filter. It is a nice looking bit of kit.

James