Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Commercial Advertisers > Commercial Advertisers > Scorpro

Scorpro Turn your Gen 4 Pajero into the sports car it should be with our Paddle Shift Kit

Closed Thread

Old 28-03-17
Resident

Default Gen 4 Paddle Shift - Install Kit

Update 11/4/2019: I can now offer a revised kit at a better price; please see this thread for details.

As per the DIY thread here I figured out how to install shift paddles into my NT, and friends have subsequently installed paddles into NW and NX.

A friend suggested that some might be interested in buying an "install kit', with all the cutting, grinding & soldering already done, ready for install.

So after, preparing and selling a number of kits for others, I can offer an install kit for this modification, with instructions. As second-hand parts became harder to find I've had to find other solutions, which has unfortunately driven the price up. The good news is that the kits are now assembled using all new parts; no issues with scratched or worn wrecker parts, or waiting for another suitable wreck to turn up.

The original install kit did not plug & play into NS. The harness adaptor connectors are different, as is the circuit in the car. However, I have sourced the appropriate bits and pieces, and can now manufacture NS compatible harnesses on demand, using all new components. Because the harnesses are different, please specify when ordering which vehicle you have: NS, or NT/NW/NX. There is no difference in the price.

As of July 2017, the forum member price for a complete kit is $360 plus freight. Freight is typically $25 to cities and regional centres; I haven't yet shipped a kit to a more expensive location.

I can improve pricing for members who are able to collect, beyond the cost of the freight; PM me for details.

The kit includes:
  • The paddle shift assembly, modified to fit inside Pajero steering column covers
  • Screws to mount the shift assembly
  • A new lower column cover with slots pre-cut to suit the paddles
  • A couple of custom plastic pieces to support the bottom of the paddle frame
  • A Plug & Play wiring harness - no wire cutting or soldering required
Initially, I was supplying upper and lower steering column covers; now I'm only supplying lower, and instructions include some minor trimming inside the upper cover.

I've attached a PDF of the Installation Instructions to this post, for those who might be interested in the details. I've also attached a PDF of the marked-up circuit diagram, so you can see how simple the circuit really is.

I have been manufacturing kits in small batches, and normally have some ready to go. Worst case, I can prepare a kit in a couple of days, depending on my other commitments at the time.

I'm only doing this for those who don't have the time or the confidence to DIY - all the DIY information remains available for those who prefer that route.

Please note:

- This install kit only allows the paddles to operate in Sports mode; to have the full factory-like functionality of being able to use the paddles any time, you'll need to also purchase m_and_m's awesome paddle-mate; for details, click here.
- This install kit is designed for plug & play interface to paddle-mate - those who DIY paddles will also need to DIY the paddle-mate install.

If anybody is interested, send me a PM.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Paddle Shift Circuit.pdf (83.3 KB, 230 views)
File Type: pdf NS Paddle Shift Circuit.pdf (511.1 KB, 50 views)
File Type: pdf Paddle Shift Install Instructions V3C.pdf (709.4 KB, 18 views)

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....
Old 28-03-17
Valued Member

In!! PM on the way

This thing goes freaking everywhere!!
Old 28-03-17
Administrator

My favorite mod After installing this unit just recently it works a treat. Took me about 3 hours being very carefull. Instructions pretty clear so no hassles fitting up.
Good work Scott. Well worth the $$$$$
dave
Old 28-03-17

Looks great, I'd love to fit these.

But do I still have to push the clutch in, or do the paddles operate a servo motor to depress the clutch as required?

Last edited by insect_eater; 28-03-17 at 08:09 PM. Reason: forgot to add wink ;)
Old 28-03-17
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by insect_eater View Post
Looks great, I'd love to fit these.

But do I still have to push the clutch in, or do the paddles operate a servo motor to depress the clutch as required?
Auto only
Old 28-03-17
Valued Member

Ok I like the cool factor of this but other than that why ? Or am I missing something completely obvious?

Retired: 1991 NH SWB 3.0L V6 5sp Manual, Mickey Thompson ATZs, GME UHF TX3200.
Wanting: Rocksliders, 2" lift, snorkel or perhaps I should wait and purchase a NS swb in 12months time.
Old 28-03-17
Valued Member

So many times ive been a bit crossed up white knuckling the wheel and had to let go of one hand to grab a gear...when i could have just lifted a finger and shifted with much more control of the wheel

Not that taking my hand off the wheel put me in any danger....just that it would feel smoother and id always be able to have two hands on the wheel rather than a hand on the shifter cycling gears

Im all for it.....even tonight driving home changing gears with the stick i pretended i had the paddles...smiled...nodded to myself and said yes this is gunna be gewd...lol

This thing goes freaking everywhere!!
Old 28-03-17

PM sent

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Soon to be Ex- 2002 NM Exceed 3.2DiD, Lifted, PSI Powerbox, Bullbar, HID Driving Lights.
Old 28-03-17
Valued Member

Well Done Scott. Thats pretty cool and looks standard.

Steve
2009 NT VRX, Rear Battery Pack, 18" Bridgestone D-697, SPVi EGR mod, BushSkinz Intercooler & Sump Plates. GME 3550, HID HB's and 22"LED Bar, Pioneer Avic F80DAB Audio/Coms/Nav system MM4x4 TC Lockup Mate. & 1/2 tank of Diesel

Pretty Stock but very Capable

Wish List: SMART Winch Bar & Winch, Snorkel, Diff Breathers, & 1/2 tank of Diesel
Old 28-03-17
Valued Member

Very nice job Scott, thanks for offering members the choice of instructions for DIY or the very reasonably priced kit. Very generous and community-minded of you - it is this sort of generosity that makes a forum community great!
Almost makes me wish my NS was Auto..... Almost.
'08 NS GLX LWB Turbo Diesel M/T...daily driver. Wake up and Drive!
Closed Thread