Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > General Information > Photos - You and your rig!

Photos - You and your rig! Show off your rig and your mods.

Old 05-06-16
Valued Member

Default NX Build

I didn't bother creating a thread when I did my NP buildup, but this time I'll make the effort
Some items will be moved over from the old NP. Even though other items may be compatible, (like bushskinz or UHF), I purchased new either because they looked better, or taking them off the NP would reduce it's resale value.

I like reading other's build threads as you get some great ideas.

So, this is my mod list:

Completed
Sand grabber floor mats
Tow bar + Redarc tow-pro elite brake controller
GPS - Garmin. From NP. Gives me kph and I prefer it located on windscreen.
Rear cargo rubber mat
Snorkle - Safari this time. NP had a TJM airtec. I prefer the ability of Safari to turn the head, and also add a dust/bug filter.
2" Lift with airbags ARB OME (100kg Front, 0-200kg Rear), plus Airbag man airbags.
Winch - From NP. 12000lb Runva
SPVi mod - no explanation needed.
Bushskinz underbody - intercooler, sump, transmission, transfer case.
Bushskinz side-steps
Steel Bullbar - colour coded ARB deluxe winch bar
LT tyres - BFG 265/65 R18 plus mod for carrying larger spare
70W HID conversion for high beam lights
DashCommand ODBII on iPhone
UHF - GME TX3510SW
Traction Control / Rear diff lock mod
Disable drivers seat belt alarm
Roof bars - Rhino square heavy duty
Replaced main battery with the Exide extreme
Auxiliary Battery
Dash mat
Catch Can
LED interior lights
TPMS - Tyredog TD1300A-X
Stronger tie down points - swapped with NPs
Window tinting
Anderson plug at tow bar
Aux fuel tank - LRA 58L from NP and repaired.
Spotlights (Kings 7")

When I get around to it

GPS tracker
Air compressor and air tank
USB power ports for 2nd row
2016 NX Exceed 3.2 DiD, BFG 265/65R18 | ARB BBar | OME 2" lift | Airbags | Safari snorkel | GME 3510WS UHF | Towbar | Tow pro elite ECB | Full Bushskinz UBP and side steps | TPMS | HID highbeam upgrade | 9" LED spots | 100Ahr Aux. Battery | Oil catch can | GPS | PLB | Sat-phone | Flappy Paddles & paddle-mate for auto Build thread here
RETIRED 2003 NP Exceed 3.2 DiD Lots of mods

Last edited by m_and_m; 25-05-17 at 12:48 AM.
Old 05-06-16
"2000"+ Valued Contributor

Send a message via MSN to sharkcaver Send a message via Skype™ to sharkcaver

Watching with interest...Both of us replacing a similar vehicle, with a similar vehicle, it will be interesting to see what you chose to do with the NX to what I have done.

MY16 NX GLX5, Dobinson's HD springs + MRR shocks + Firestone airbags, 17" Toyo Opats, XXX bar, Dominator winch + IB500 relay, Full Bushskinz kit, Rhino track mount, 7" led spots, 23" light bar, SPV block, Ultragauge, Donaldson secondary filter, LRA 81L aux, 105AGM in rear + Projecta IDC25, 2 tier rear shelf + slide, ARB on board compressor, 2.5 x 3.0 awning

NX build

My Journeys
Old 05-06-16
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkcaver View Post
Watching with interest...Both of us replacing a similar vehicle, with a similar vehicle, it will be interesting to see what you chose to do with the NX to what I have done.

I must say, it's a lot easier 2nd time around. You kinda just know what you want.
2016 NX Exceed 3.2 DiD, BFG 265/65R18 | ARB BBar | OME 2" lift | Airbags | Safari snorkel | GME 3510WS UHF | Towbar | Tow pro elite ECB | Full Bushskinz UBP and side steps | TPMS | HID highbeam upgrade | 9" LED spots | 100Ahr Aux. Battery | Oil catch can | GPS | PLB | Sat-phone | Flappy Paddles & paddle-mate for auto Build thread here
Old 05-06-16
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_and_m View Post
I must say, it's a lot easier 2nd time around. You kinda just know what you want.
I'd agree its easier 2nd time round (for those that don't know, 18 mths ago I upgraded from a NL to a NT). The biggest downside I found was being impatient and wanting the new one set up like the old one ASAP (high upfront cost).

Marshall, you'll love the NX.

rear locker | dual battery | snorkel | Bushskinz guards | HID Hella spotties | UltraGauge MX | 2" lift | airbags | BFG AT's (on 17" NT rims) | Superwinch X9 | 80ltr diesel tank in rear seat well | 22ltr water tank | aux trans cooler | GME UHF | locker/TC mod | SPV EGR | rear LED work light | rear drawers ... & plenty of scratches

My Build Thread - HERE

Previously - NL Pajero (now owned by Forum member 'Gemster')
Old 05-06-16

Way to go
Are you sure you're taking it slowly enough

It's going to be a great setup
Old 05-06-16

How exciting is it though!
Old 05-06-16
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by caroma View Post
How exciting is it though!
and expensive too.
2015 NX GLS, Factory alloy bar, Ridepro springs & Rox Shocks, dual batteries with Redarc DC/DC, LRA 58L tank, Safari snorkel, Boo's bash plates (full set), 17" steels with Toyo OPAT AT2's, Titan drawers with slide, TPMS, Uniden UH8080S. Infinity caravan and a TVan Firetail.
Old 05-06-16
Valued Member

Default The new and the old

Ok, let's start with the NX as-is, plus the ol' NP.

Last edited by m_and_m; 03-08-17 at 06:33 AM.
Old 05-06-16
Valued Member

Default Rubber floor mats

I had carpet in the NP, and then got some cheap $30 rubber ones. They were great! So easy to clean out dirt, sand etc. They looked really grubby after a while, but they did the job and kept a lot of muck off the carpet.

This time I noticed some genuine MMAL as an accessory, so bought them with the deal.

They don't have as higher side wall as I expected, and don't cover as much of the floor as I'd like though.
In hindsight, probably should have bought ones like these., however they are double the price I got the genuine ones for.

Notice under the accelerator pedal and footrest is unprotected.

These would have been better.
EDIT: I sold the original ones above and bought these. They are much better, although, twice the price.

Last edited by m_and_m; 03-08-17 at 06:34 AM.
Old 05-06-16
Valued Member

Default Stronger tie-down points

I was surprised when I noticed theNX has weak, plastic tie down, whereas the NP had metal ones.

So I swapped them around. The trim on the NPs was old so I put the NP's metal bracket into the NX's trim.

Only required a little hole to be drilled into the NX trim
[IMG]http://i1319.photobucket.com/albums/t665/m_and_m2/NX%20Build/147c1d0f-3165-4477-b1bb-b5e5487403b6_zpstdlvu9jv.jpg[~original/IMG]

Last edited by m_and_m; 03-08-17 at 06:35 AM.