Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > Generation 4-4 Pajero

Generation 4-4 Pajero NX model 2014 -

Old 27-01-16
Valued Member

Default MY16 NX GLS Build Thread

I took delivery of my MY16 NX GLS last week

I chose white with only a couple of options:
  • MM Towbar
  • MM Spare Wheel Lift

It will be my daily drive. My plans are to build it into a touring rig towing a camper trailer of some kind preferably a hybrid camper but we'll see. It will still need to function as the family weekender.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg NX Pajero_800x450.jpg (53.1 KB, 383 views)
NX GLS MY16 Auto: MM Towbar | Spare Lift Kit | Cooper ST MAXX 265/65R17 | SPVi Module mk3.1 | Autosafe Half Cargo Barrier | Torque Pro App | Donaldson 3um 2ndry Fuel Filter | Diff Breathers | GME4500 UHF | Rhino Rack Pioneer Platform | Roley's Rear Bash Plate | Bushskinz Underbody Protection | Airtec Snorkel | Onboard Compressor | Awning | ARB Deluxe Bar | Lightbar | Sherpa4x4 Winch | Bushskinz Sidesteps | Masten TPMS

Build Thread

Last edited by Pajshomoneroguntero; 06-03-16 at 08:14 AM.
Old 27-01-16
Valued Member

The Wishlist:

• Tyres - Bridgestone D697
  • Secondary Fuel Filter - Donaldson P903316 Kit
  • Engine Monitor - BT Adapter with Torque Pro
  • Bullbar
  • SPV Mod
  • Electronic Brake Control Harness with TowPro Elite
  • CB Radio - GME 4500
  • Roof Rack - Rhino Pioneer Rack
  • Driving Lights - Fyrlyt Nemesis 9000
  • Floor Mats
  • Cargo Barrier - Autosafe 1/2 barrier
  • Snorkel
  • Diff Breathers
  • Roley's Rear Bash Plate
  • Bushskinz Intercooler, Sump, Tranny and Transfer Plates
  • Spare Wheel Cover
  • Footrest
  • Onboard Compressor and Air Tank
  • Suspension Lift
  • Winch
  • 2nd Batt in Rear Tub
  • Side Steps/Rock Sliders
  • Rear Storage Solution
Colour Code:
  • Wish
  • Aquired pending installation
  • Installed
NX GLS MY16 Auto: MM Towbar | Spare Lift Kit | Cooper ST MAXX 265/65R17 | SPVi Module mk3.1 | Autosafe Half Cargo Barrier | Torque Pro App | Donaldson 3um 2ndry Fuel Filter | Diff Breathers | GME4500 UHF | Rhino Rack Pioneer Platform | Roley's Rear Bash Plate | Bushskinz Underbody Protection | Airtec Snorkel | Onboard Compressor | Awning | ARB Deluxe Bar | Lightbar | Sherpa4x4 Winch | Bushskinz Sidesteps | Masten TPMS

Build Thread

Last edited by Pajshomoneroguntero; 06-02-19 at 11:45 AM. Reason: List Updated
Old 27-01-16
Administrator

That....looks familiar. Well done on your purchase. The paj will serve you well.
Dave
Old 27-01-16
Valued Member

First Mod: Tyres

It came with Bridgestone Dueller H/T's. So I investigated the possibility to change these over to 697's with my tyre place that I've been going to for years. They came back with a price of $850 to change over all five. A bit pricey I thought and may have to wait until the H/T's wear and that could be years.

On the spur of the moment I dropped into the Jax Tyres around the corner from me. The franchisee, Ainslie, came up with $380 for all five. Done deal!

I stayed with the OEM size 265/60R18 too. Too difficult to source a complete set of 17" rims and then there would also be the cost of the rims and tyres. I'd also be left with the OEM wheels to dispose of somehow so I stayed with the 18's.

Here's a pic still with the blue protective dye.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20160120_174302_800x450.jpg (49.7 KB, 444 views)

Build Thread

Last edited by Pajshomoneroguntero; 06-03-16 at 08:15 AM. Reason: Reattach pic
Old 27-01-16
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickle View Post
That....looks familiar. Well done on your purchase. The paj will serve you well.
Dave
I'd seen it somewhere before...

Build Thread
Old 28-01-16

Hi
may I ask what influenced your move to this particular tyre?
PBO
Old 28-01-16
"2000"+ Valued Contributor

Send a message via MSN to sharkcaver Send a message via Skype™ to sharkcaver

Cool. As of an hour ago, I just did the same thing. I got the same options as you, but I took a 5 seater povo pack, added tow pro controller, dash mat, h/l protectors and weather shield, MMA workshop manual and 1 x 17" steel rim.

Been in contact with both bushskinz and ARB. The vehicle purchase, just the beginning. I take delivery next week. I look forward to see how our respective buses get modded over time. I have to act quickly, I have a CSR trip coming up in August.

MY16 NX GLX5, Dobinson's HD springs + MRR shocks + Firestone airbags, 17" Toyo Opats, XXX bar, Dominator winch + IB500 relay, Full Bushskinz kit, Rhino track mount, 7" led spots, 23" light bar, SPV block, Ultragauge, Donaldson secondary filter, LRA 81L aux, 105AGM in rear + Projecta IDC25, 2 tier rear shelf + slide, ARB on board compressor, 2.5 x 3.0 awning

NX build

My Journeys
Old 29-01-16
Valued Member

Plenty of good reviews for a start. Value is another, the BFG's are about $200 a tyre more. Coopers have a large advertising campaign which tends to make me question the product closely. Unfortunately for them one of the tyre guys I spoke to didn't rate them at least for the cost vs performance.

Build Thread
Old 29-01-16
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkcaver View Post
Cool. As of an hour ago, I just did the same thing. I got the same options as you, but I took a 5 seater povo pack, added tow pro controller, dash mat, h/l protectors and weather shield, MMA workshop manual and 1 x 17" steel rim.

Been in contact with both bushskinz and ARB. The vehicle purchase, just the beginning. I take delivery next week. I look forward to see how our respective buses get modded over time. I have to act quickly, I have a CSR trip coming up in August.
Congrats I realised I should have bargained for the FSM as well along with dash and floor mats. What made you pull the pin, have you lost reliability confidence in the NP after Fitzgerald?

Build Thread
Old 29-01-16
Valued Member

Fitted the slim-line weather shields. Non-genuine and a bit "cheap" but I'm guessing that they are a copy of the genuines?

I also got a bonnet protector. Also seems to be a copy, at least the fitting instructions were. However after mucking around only to discover that the pre-cut slots were off-centre I had to take it off to elongate the slots. Put it back on and now discover that the passenger side is sitting about 30mm away from the bonnet. The driver's side was snug and where I expected it to be.

On closer inspection it looks like the acrylic hasn't been folded over symmetrically. I took to it with my heat gun but my first attempt hasn't netted the desired outcome. Called the supplier and I await their reply. I haven't mentioned the heat gun yet.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20160129_110028_800x450.jpg (61.7 KB, 437 views)
File Type: jpg 20160128_163859_800x450.JPG (129.2 KB, 395 views)
File Type: jpg 20160128_163839_800x450.JPG (156.1 KB, 380 views)
File Type: jpg 20160128_163827_800x450.JPG (156.5 KB, 374 views)

Build Thread

Last edited by Pajshomoneroguntero; 06-03-16 at 08:18 AM. Reason: Reattach pics