Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > General Information > Photos - You and your rig!

Photos - You and your rig! Show off your rig and your mods.

Old 12-12-13
Valued Member

Default Scouter's NT GLS

Having bought my first "proper" 4WD earlier this year, and having spent WAYYY too much time on this site researching what everyone has done to their vehicles, I thought I should return the favour in the hope it may help someone else down the line.

I picked up my 2011 Pajero NT DID Auto earlier this year with 40,000kms on the clock. It was an end of lease ex-company vehicle that seems to have been serviced by the book and looked fairly straight. One of the first mods for its first service was an MM towbar & spare lift bracket for occasional light towing duties. I seem to have to move trailers around a bit as a Scout leader so this has already got a work out. Similar thinking for adding a Pioneer platform, a bunch of stuff seems to have ended up on the roof. Also swapped out the OEM H/Ts for some Bridgestone D697s. The rears were 70% gone & getting slippery in the rain so on went the A/Ts. Slightly noisier than the H/Ts, but very happy with the improved on and off road performance.

Here is she is on the first camping trip with the family. The extra load space has been a revelation having come off a steady diet of Subaru wagons over the years.

10/1/18 UPDATE Having found the character limit for signatures, I have moved the mod list here:

MM Towbar Pioneer roof platform / roof tracks Scangauge BushSkinz plates/sliders/rear guard HID Hi/Lo inserts Lovells HDs/Bilsteins Redarc 1225/2nd battery Icom IC440N Autosafe cargo barrier ORS storage platform Side/Rear awnings Kenwood head unit/speakers/sub ARB rear locker TJM Snorkel 3" exhaust LRA aux tank AT valve body/TCC lock up ARB Deluxe Bar Stedi Fog/DRLs Fyrlyt 5000 OPAT II Inawise TPMS Abber tank Paddles/Paddle-Mate HPD Front Mount Inter Cooler

Cheers,
Stephen
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1261.jpg (197.3 KB, 364 views)

Last edited by Scouter1; 13-02-18 at 11:14 AM. Reason: Added mods list
Old 12-12-13
Valued Member

Congrats on the purchase Stephen. The NT Paj is a well sorted beast and should give you many happy years of motoring!
Cheers, Dan.
2004 NP DiD GLX, 5 spd Manual with SMF, ARB Bullbar, Ironman 12000lb winch, Lightforce Genesis lights, Airtec Snorkel, 81L LRA tank, Unifilter, GME 3500 UHF, Redarc elec brake controller, ARB dual Batt tray with 60AH Deep cycle Batt & Redarc Isolator, Bushskinz Sliders, intercooler and sump guards, Lovells raised HD springs, Polyairs & Bilstein shocks, Milford Cargo Barrier, Philips +100 globes, 2nd set of rims with 245/75x16 Bighorns, Waeco 60L Fridge & a Cavalier camper trailer!
Old 12-12-13
Valued Member

so important question. which group, which section. I'm the Venturerer leader at 1st strathfieldsaye in Bendigo
Current vehicles: 1995 3.5l nj Pajero x 2, 1995 2.8td Mitsubishi Delica,2011 Jeep Patriot, 2 x 1971 ta 22 celicas, 74 ta 22 celica, ke 35 corollla with 18rg, 95 gtr 1000, 79 leyland terrier bus ( 350 chev),1978 ke 35 corolla, 1980 ra 40 celica 18rgeu,2011 agricat jd495
Currently wrecking nh gls lwb, nh gl pov pack, 2 x nj gls lwb nl lwb, NH glx manual, 92 L300 delica
Old 13-12-13
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by schnitzel View Post
so important question. which group, which section. I'm the Venturerer leader at 1st strathfieldsaye in Bendigo
Lovely part of the world, my wife's family live in Northern Victoria so have had a few day/weekend trips to Bendigo district over the years.

I am an ASL at 1st East Wahroonga Scouts (Sydney North Region). Both my daughters in Scouts, eldest one about to head up to Venturers next year. Having gone through all sections as a child/young adult, I was not necessarily expecting my girls to do the same thing but so far they both seem to be really enjoying it. We are doing a group family holiday up to Fraser Island in early Jan, can't wait to try out some of the recent additions to the Paj.

Last edited by Scouter1; 13-12-13 at 08:56 AM.
Old 13-12-13
Valued Member

Default Tyres

Having read Gus and other's feedback http://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/...ad.php?t=27966 on the new-ish Bridgestone D697 AT, I retired the fairly worn OEM H/Ts for a set of five new 65 series, the virgin spare went to a good home... I have put about 3000kms on the new boots to date, and would concur with general opinions regarding grip, handling & noise - very happy with them so far!

IMG_1015.jpg IMG_1147.jpg

Last edited by Scouter1; 29-02-16 at 08:16 PM.
Old 13-12-13
Valued Member

Default Bushskinz

Have put on BushSkinz bashplates, sliders & now a rear guard as I have done a few steep tracks recently & had noticed a few nicks and scrapes appearing on the bottom edge of the bumper. It is a bit of a design fault and I didn't want to leave my mark at the bottom of a sand hill somewhere.

The sliders are really well made (along with all of Kieron's products), nice slide-in fit with a trolley jack doing the heavy lifting...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1334.jpg (192.8 KB, 418 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1335.jpg (158.2 KB, 432 views)

Last edited by Scouter1; 13-12-13 at 11:54 AM.
Old 13-12-13
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scouter1 View Post
Lovely part of the world, my wife's family live in Northern Victoria so have had a few day/weekend trips to Bendigo district over the years.

I am an ASL at 1st East Wahroonga Scouts (Sydney North Region). Both my daughters in Scouts, eldest one about to head up to Venturers next year. Having gone through all sections as a child/young adult, I was not necessarily expecting my girls to do the same thing but so far they both seem to be really enjoying it. We are doing a group family holiday up to Fraser Island in early Jan, can't wait to try out some of the recent additions to the Paj.

Know the area well i was originally from Mt Colah and the lane cove / longueville.

Will catch up hopefully at next Jamboree, i will probably be on Vic Contingent staff. ( i've been invovled since I was a cub at 1st lane cove, my kids are now both rovers)
Current vehicles: 1995 3.5l nj Pajero x 2, 1995 2.8td Mitsubishi Delica,2011 Jeep Patriot, 2 x 1971 ta 22 celicas, 74 ta 22 celica, ke 35 corollla with 18rg, 95 gtr 1000, 79 leyland terrier bus ( 350 chev),1978 ke 35 corolla, 1980 ra 40 celica 18rgeu,2011 agricat jd495
Currently wrecking nh gls lwb, nh gl pov pack, 2 x nj gls lwb nl lwb, NH glx manual, 92 L300 delica
Old 16-12-13
Valued Member

Question Suspension upgrade

The standard springs were OK for the relatively low no. of KMs, but one of the rear shocks was not great and I wasn't very happy with the overall feel of things. My last drive was a small European car so it was never going to be a fair comparison, but it certainly felt a bit sketchy in mid corner bumps, and off road corrugations were definitely a challenge. Reading a number of posts lead me down the path of HD Lovells (+50mm) & Bilsteins supplied by Kieron & fitted last week. WOW, what a transformation!! Super happy with the change in on-road feel and performance under braking. I don't have a bar up front or drawers in the back, but certainly don't think the ride is too harsh, it is certainly firmer but by no means uncomfortable.

Heights (Wheel centre to arch in mm with full tank):

Standard springs
RHS F 480
R 480
LHS F 490
R 490

Lovells HD
RHS F 535
R 554
LHS F 535
R 557

Before & after photos:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1337.jpg (174.2 KB, 356 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1341.jpg (172.4 KB, 356 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1342.jpg (138.5 KB, 365 views)

Last edited by Scouter1; 16-12-13 at 10:40 AM.
Old 21-05-14
Valued Member

Talking Replacement head unit

Getting tired of listening to the standard radio and had noticed a slight crackle in one of the door speakers so decided to upgrade. I had read a number of threads on the topic so was thinking hard about Windows CE based units. However I listened to a few different head units / speakers combinations and finally decided to go with a Kenwood DNX5350DAB & amp, Polk speakers and Kicker under seat subwoofer. I didn't go the whole hog lining the door cavities with Dynamat, just used the speaker kits on the four doors.

Really happy with the sound & performance of the unit which does street and off road navigation (Garmin based GPS & file system) and the digital radio is a real treat around town. Loving the rear camera as well for tight parking spots. I ended up spending a fair bit more than originally budgeted for as quality certainly costs...

IMG_1768.jpg IMG_1769.jpg IMG_1770.jpg

Last edited by Scouter1; 29-02-16 at 08:16 PM.
Old 21-05-14
Valued Member

New headunit looks good!!
Replacing the stock unit in my paj is on the to do list (when is another list - haha).