• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Valiant81
    • Dec 2009
    • Bracknell Tasmania

Moving drivers seat.

Hi all;
    I have a gen 2 pajero that over the last 2.5 years of ownership has proven to be a fantastic 4x4 and not a problem in the world with her .
    My only little gripe would be that the drivers seat even wnen fully back on it's runners is just a little bit to close for me to the steering wheel.

I can get in to the cabin with no problems and have to drive with seat right back.
    Is there any way to get the seat to go a couple more inches back, wife tels me it would be easyer to loose a few Kg rather than move the seat.
    Now i'm 6 foot and about 115 Kgs , so you can see my problem.
    Normaly it's not a problem but my work car i have to bring the seat up to the mide range, to be able to drive it.
    It's just a small problem that i only have in the pajero, all of my other cars over the years have not been a problem. So it's over to the brain trust, hope you can help me .

Thanks one and all.
  • Faereag
    Valued Member
    • Nov 2009
    • Aberfoyle Park, SA

V

I am not sure about the legal position in Vic, but I have a similar problem with an NT - I am 6' 3" in the old money. For cars that do not have driver seat airbags, you can get aftermarket seats like the Recaro. You buy the seat and they fit a set of runners for your model. But whether you get more leg room or not will depend on the seat and runners -you would have to try the arrangement at a distributor.

If you want to get the runners repositioned/extended, it is a different problem - at least in SA. People like Recaro and others will fit adjusted runners, but you need approval from the motoring authorities. I was told that this process would take me up to 6 months and set me back over $1,500 in order to get government compliance and insurance approvals.
    Regards

Rory

2010 NT DID Auto Platinum. ARB Bar; 12000lb winch; Light-force 240 spotlights; Bushskinz plates; dual battery with upgraded wiring; Diff breathers; ECU re-tune; 3" exhaust Toyo AT11's; Ultra-gauge and OBD11 dongle; Garmin 52LM; Icom UHF; Craig Davies transmission cooler with fan; raised EHD Lovells coils; Mann & Hummel Catch Can; Bilstein B6's; Firestone airbags; Tekonsha P3 controller; towball capacity 300KG; GVM 3110KG. Sunland Patriot SE van with a few other mods.

Comment

• damo1
      • May 2010

Originally posted by Valiant81 View Post
      Hi all;
      I have a gen 2 pajero
      the drivers seat even wnen fully back on it's runners is just a little bit to close for me to the steering wheel.

Now i'm 6 foot and about 115 Kgs , so you can see my problem.

Thanks one and all.
      Mate are you sure the seat is actually going all the way back??

I'm 6ft and about 115kgs as well and when the seat is right back it's to far from the steering wheel/pedals for me to reach it properly.

Try sliding the base all the way back then tilting the back rest back to give you more room if you need it.

I cant see how you would need more leg room?? if you slide the seat right back your feet wont reach the pedals!

cheers damo
      GLX NH LWB V6 5 speed, GU springs , cranked tb's, GLS Flare + door moulds, bullbar (moded), 4x spotties, 2x cbs, side steps, camp light, custom snorkel, qtr chop, broken windscreen- and full of kids NNNNNNNNNNIIIIIIIIIICCCCCCCCCCEEEEEEEE!!!!

Comment

• mrbitchi
        Valued Member
        • Jun 2007
        • Brisbane

I had the same problem with our old NH. I'm 6'4" so it was even worse..

Bought mysef a "Stratos Commercial" seat and made up some custom runners for it, offset about 2.5" (from memory) to the rear. Worked perfectly.

Still got it sitting in the shed if you're interested
        Cheers, John.
        LC200 V8 goodness

MY12 LC200 GXL 4.5Lt V8 twin turbo, GVM upgrade, ARB bar, Warn winch, Outback Acc rear bar and dual carrier, TJM sidesteps, Bushskinz, Long Ranger 180Lt tank, Black Widow drawers, cargo barrier, Polaris Awning, +++
        Ex - NM auto, 2"Kings, Bilsteins, Buckshots, Wildcat headers, 2.75" Mandrel bent exhaust, Injected LPG, Smartbar, Scraper bar, Bushskinz, Custom steps, Dual Batteries, Breathers, Black Widow drawers, Polaris Awning.

Comment

• sixinchrhino
          • Mar 2011
          • Nar Nar Goon

Mate I'm confused, I'm 6'1 and 140kg and I have plenty of leg room, andstomach room (not that thats a good thing). Look under the seat when you are sliding it back to ensure it's not hitting somwhere underneath, and if your still not satisfied I would also suggest tiliting the seat back.

Comment

• mrbitchi
            Valued Member
            • Jun 2007
            • Brisbane

Originally posted by sixinchrhino View Post
            Mate I'm confused, I'm 6'1 and 140kg and I have plenty of leg room, andstomach room (not that thats a good thing). Look under the seat when you are sliding it back to ensure it's not hitting somwhere underneath, and if your still not satisfied I would also suggest tiliting the seat back.
            Mate, not everyone has the same body proportion. Some of us are "blessed" with longer legs than others..
            Cheers, John.
            LC200 V8 goodness

MY12 LC200 GXL 4.5Lt V8 twin turbo, GVM upgrade, ARB bar, Warn winch, Outback Acc rear bar and dual carrier, TJM sidesteps, Bushskinz, Long Ranger 180Lt tank, Black Widow drawers, cargo barrier, Polaris Awning, +++
            Ex - NM auto, 2"Kings, Bilsteins, Buckshots, Wildcat headers, 2.75" Mandrel bent exhaust, Injected LPG, Smartbar, Scraper bar, Bushskinz, Custom steps, Dual Batteries, Breathers, Black Widow drawers, Polaris Awning.

Comment

• Lazarus
              Valued Member
              • Jan 2008
              • Melbourne, Western suburbs

In Victoria you can legaly move back driver seat 2.5cm (1inch).
              Anything more than that will require eng. cert.

I'm 6'7 and I have moved mine seat in NM model and in NJ model when I had it.
              It was all done by seat alteration place in Melb. Cost about 300.00

PM me if you need more details.
              NW 2014 MY14 GLX-R, auto, BushSkinz bashplates, Pedders TrakRyder foam cell 2' lift, Falken AT3W LT, Rhino Pioneer 6 platform, flip key, Redarc BCDC40 and 135 amps lithium battery, Torque Pro OBD, EVC Throttle controller, ARB Compressor, LED lights (internal and outside), ARB Frontier 128L long range fuel tank, GME XRS 370c.

Comment

• Valiant81
                • Dec 2009
                • Bracknell Tasmania

Moving drivers seat.

Hi every one;
                Well thank you one and all for your input, re the drivers set in my Pajero, yes the seat is all the way back and have adjusted the 'tilt' so that feals comfortable to drive. The problem is that with the set all the way back ( can see the runners and the rollers that run in them ) and the back part of the set adjusted so as i reach the steering wheel , i still feel as if i have the steering wheel too close to my chest ( wife says still a gut problem ).

Also the other problem is that i live in Mildura and haveing some one up here have a look at moveing the seat back even 25mm, well what can i say our blocks are not as switched on as people in the big smoke. Allso the legal reuirements, I non't want Mr plod to put a unroadworthy sticker on the Pajero!!!!

Sooooo looks like when we head of to melbourne ????? or Adelaide in february ( going over for the caravan and camping show ) so hope to see what is out there while we are over there.

Any way thanks one and all for input .

Comment

• 98NL GL
                  • Oct 2011
                  • Cairns

Originally posted by Valiant81 View Post
                  Hi every one;
                  Well thank you one and all for your input, re the drivers set in my Pajero, yes the seat is all the way back and have adjusted the 'tilt' so that feals comfortable to drive. The problem is that with the set all the way back ( can see the runners and the rollers that run in them ) and the back part of the set adjusted so as i reach the steering wheel , i still feel as if i have the steering wheel too close to my chest ( wife says still a gut problem ).

Also the other problem is that i live in Mildura and haveing some one up here have a look at moveing the seat back even 25mm, well what can i say our blocks are not as switched on as people in the big smoke. Allso the legal reuirements, I non't want Mr plod to put a unroadworthy sticker on the Pajero!!!!

Sooooo looks like when we head of to melbourne ????? or Adelaide in february ( going over for the caravan and camping show ) so hope to see what is out there while we are over there.

Any way thanks one and all for input .
                  Hey Valiant81,

Just thoughts I'll mention that when I changed my seats of my GL to GLX seats I think (it has arm rest on them) recently Ive noticed that it raised my sitting position slightly moving me closer to the steering wheel compared to the inital position with the GL seat but for me this was a plus. It looks like the GL seats are more softer so that when you sit on them they cushion down on your weight. On the other hand the GLX seats dont........ They are still comfortable. SO yeah might worth a try.

cheers
                  XSWAT 1998 NL GL, 3.5L MANUAL, 2" OME 50 mm Lift, MAXXIS 751 33X12.5R15 on CSA N26 RIMS with -11 OFFSET, UNIDEN UHF, NARVA 175 SPOTTIES, AIRCON & RADIO/CD,......CONVERTED to SEVEN SEATER, Manual Hubs (ex tritton)
                  1990 NG SWB 2.5 TDI AUTO JAPAN IMPORT, 33s, LIGHT BAR, GEN 2 IDLER & PITMAN ARMS. PLANS - Dual Battery.
                  1999 NL SWB 2.8 TDI AUTO JAPAN IMPORT, INVECS TIPTRONIC AUTOMATIC GEARBOX, ARB BULLBAR, DUAL BATTERY, SPOTTIES, ROOF RACK.
                  2016 MY16 PAJERO GLX AUTO DID GRAPHITE COLOR STOCK

Comment

• sixinchrhino
                    • Mar 2011
                    • Nar Nar Goon

Originally posted by mrbitchi View Post
                    Mate, not everyone has the same body proportion. Some of us are "blessed" with longer legs than others..
                    I know mate, just confused, I figure if i'm a round as I am tall and still confortable, driving one of these for someone smaller (in all directions) should be quite spacey. lol.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X