• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Stoneman
    Valued Member
    • Jul 2012
    • Melbourne

You can get heat shrink with hot glue on the inside, jay car have little kits of short lengths or you can buy it full length and cut it to size. Great for water proofing your work

Works a treat

Wouldn't hurt to fully cover that resistor to add a bit off strength to the resistor wire. The wire can break if bent enough there not really designed not be solid mounted
    NS Pajero Exceed. With stuff

Comment

• Mavman
      • Jun 2014
      • Geraldton

Originally posted by pauld View Post
      Can I assume that the resistor mod would be the same on the NX??
      Give it a go. It's a very easy mod to reverse.

Cheers

Comment

• Mavman
        • Jun 2014
        • Geraldton

Originally posted by johndavis125262 View Post
        hi guys have a look at what we did to challengers with this mod been going for almost 12 months here is the link ..regards john

http://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/...ad.php?t=39879
        Gee, that could've saved me a couple of hours of research. I'll have to search under "Challenger" in future.

Cheers

Comment

• draganlada
          • Dec 2010
          • sydney

Me not being electrically minded can somebody explain, please, polarity orientation of the resistor (+/- pointing towards MAF sensor)
          Thanks

Comment

• pjchris
            • Jun 2007

Originally posted by draganlada View Post
            Me not being electrically minded can somebody explain, please, polarity orientation of the resistor (+/- pointing towards MAF sensor)
            Thanks
            Resistors don't have a polarity, it doesn't matter which way around they go.
            2012 NW Platinum DiD, 2" Lift, Bar & Winch, Driving Lights, Dual Battery, Snorkel.

Soon to be Ex- 2002 NM Exceed 3.2DiD, Lifted, PSI Powerbox, Bullbar, HID Driving Lights.

Comment

• Rooster
              • Sep 2007
              • Adelaide

Cookie, Perhaps naively thinking but I do not think so, the Ultragauge shows EGR flow as you mention, now if there is zero flow then the EGR valve must be remaining closed.
              NW 3.2 Diesel Auto Platinum, Cool Silver, Redarc Remote Head Electric Brake Controller, Mitsi towbar, GME 3400 UHF, full window tint, home made rear drawers, bushskinz intercooler guard, custom alloy sump and trans sump guards, rhino racks, arb awning, UltraGauge, Lovells HD coils and Bilsteins, BFG KO2's, Automate TCC Lockup kit, Hikeit throttle controller

Comment

• Hatto
                Valued Member
                • Nov 2013
                • Mandurah WA

Mod update and Question

I was gonna heat shrink over the resistor but wasn't sure about whether it would be heat affected all wrapped up. Might make up another one tonight all wrapped up and try it because the wires on the resistor were very flimsy.
                On another note, today consisted of a few 5-10km trips. Definitely notice better throttle response with less turbo lag. Fuel economy might have improved a little but hard to tell yet.
                This arvo however when I took off for my 4th outing today and noticed the check engine light (CEL) was on and 'N' was flashing above the illuminated 'D' whilst driving! Limp mode I think. I only went a few km and thought I'll sort it out when I get home... However when I went back out and started it up all was back to normal. Anyone else had a temporary CEL appear with this mod?
                Cheers, Hatto

2012 NW GLS Diesel Auto with:
                ARB delux bar, full length Ocam ally roof rack with rear LED work light, dual batteries, DIY rear ally drawers with fridge slide, 2" lift oztec/kings, Polyairs, Kings awning 2.5 x 2.5m with LED strip light, pair of genr8 40w LED spot/flood driving lights, iron man 4x4 22" LED light bar, mounted thumper compressor, 70L water tank & 12v pump, 120w solar, LED interior lights, Boo Boo's bash plates, Safari snorkel and Grande mk lll 12000lb winch.

Comment

• Brash
                  • May 2012
                  • victoria

Hi Hatto, have been running it on my NW 2012 for over 45000kms, with no issues or codes. Thanks to Tony from SPV industries I saw it as a donation for his research and purchased his kit, best thing I have done after a faulty EGR blocked my manifold. Possible coincidence and hopefully not another issue.

Cheers Brash

Comment

• TristanNL
                    Valued Member
                    • May 2013
                    • Horsham

Originally posted by 0415discog View Post
                    I was gonna heat shrink over the resistor but wasn't sure about whether it would be heat affected all wrapped up. Might make up another one tonight all wrapped up and try it because the wires on the resistor were very flimsy.
                    On another note, today consisted of a few 5-10km trips. Definitely notice better throttle response with less turbo lag. Fuel economy might have improved a little but hard to tell yet.
                    This arvo however when I took off for my 4th outing today and noticed the check engine light (CEL) was on and 'N' was flashing above the illuminated 'D' whilst driving! Limp mode I think. I only went a few km and thought I'll sort it out when I get home... However when I went back out and started it up all was back to normal. Anyone else had a temporary CEL appear with this mod?
                    May not be related to fiddling with the temp sender.
                    Are you using torque with a Bluetooth adapter? Could be trying to connect as the car boots up and gives a can timeout code. Boot the car up before opening torque and connecting.
                    2013 NW GLXR (MY14) Auto

Comment

• draganlada
                      • Dec 2010
                      • sydney

Originally posted by pjchris View Post
                      Resistors don't have a polarity, it doesn't matter which way around they go.
                      Thanks Chris

Comment

• Hatto
                        Valued Member
                        • Nov 2013
                        • Mandurah WA

Originally posted by TristanNL View Post
                        May not be related to fiddling with the temp sender.
                        Are you using torque with a Bluetooth adapter? Could be trying to connect as the car boots up and gives a can timeout code. Boot the car up before opening torque and connecting.
                        Yep using torque on an android device with an elm327. I checked for codes last night and that's what came up to. CAN timeout. Or something. So hopefully that was it. I'm almost sure I've started her up with torque app running before though. Anyway I'll see what happens now.
                        Cheers, Hatto

2012 NW GLS Diesel Auto with:
                        ARB delux bar, full length Ocam ally roof rack with rear LED work light, dual batteries, DIY rear ally drawers with fridge slide, 2" lift oztec/kings, Polyairs, Kings awning 2.5 x 2.5m with LED strip light, pair of genr8 40w LED spot/flood driving lights, iron man 4x4 22" LED light bar, mounted thumper compressor, 70L water tank & 12v pump, 120w solar, LED interior lights, Boo Boo's bash plates, Safari snorkel and Grande mk lll 12000lb winch.

Comment

• eucyblues
                          • Jul 2007
                          • Canberra

Originally posted by Dale-NS View Post
                          I did this mod about 3 months ago, no problems so far.
                          I used the 4.7
                          Hi Dale
                          What revs are you getting at idle (cold and hot)??
                          NX GLS
                          "Blessed are the cracked….For they are the ones who let in the light."

Comment

• Naviguesser
                            Valued Member
                            • Dec 2013
                            • Crib Point Vic

Been contemplating doing this.

Have an EGR block plate that causes no codes and takes me 5 minutes to fit and removed when required
                            But was thinking that the throttle plate restricting flow on part throttle (expecting the EGR gas) might be costing me a little in fuel economy.
                            Worth more thinking I reckon.

Can't do it for a while as got other projects taking up my time at the moment.
                            Future mod I think.
                            MY14 NW GLX-R DiD
                            ARB Bull Bar, Safari Snorkel, Dual Batteries, Tinted Windows, Spare Tyre Lift, Toyo Open Country 2. EGR Block. GME UHF. Illuminator 9" LED Driving Lights.
                            TJM XGS Gold Series Shocks, EFS Coils, Polyairs.
                            Now towing a 19ft regent Caravan

Member of the Cynical Old Bloke Club

Comment

• Dale-NS
                              • Jan 2015
                              • Townsville

Switch of EGR for $1

Originally posted by eucyblues View Post
                              Hi Dale
                              What revs are you getting at idle (cold and hot)??
                              Just went out and started it then... About 800-850 when "townsville" cold, from memory it's a little higher during the day, but not enough to worry me.
                              I don't have a scan gauge or anything yet to be exact on rpm or EGR opening.

Update - after driving around today I have notice that it idles at about 750 in neutral, so I'm guessing that the 800-850 in the morning was just the start up "choke"
                              Last edited by Dale-NS; 16-06-15, 05:30 PM. Reason: Update
                              Dale

2008 NS diesel auto - EGR resistor mod, tow bar, spare wheel lift, Scanguage, Oricom UHF, Roo Lights, Ironman Bull bar & 2" lift, Hercules 12000lb winch & DPF delete pipe

Comment

• BOBSRETURN
                                • Jun 2013
                                • cairns

did the mod and find motor has slight power increase , but tends to run on slightly , thank you for a simple fix to a egr problem cheers Bob

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X