• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • GHendo
    Valued Member
    • Mar 2012
    • Northern NSW

Hi Meremale

Sorry to hear you are having problems. I don’t know if this is anything to do with the trouble you are having but thought I’d let you know in case it has some bearing on your problem. You said the two FEBEST numbers were MVB-V97R and MVB-V97L. I couldn’t find these on the website, so I sent them a query. They replied asking for the vehicles VIN etc. I'd already been to the local dealer and found out you have to buy the whole cross member to get new bushes – they gave me the part number of it.

Here’s my reply ...
    The vehicle is a 2003 NP Pajero 3.2lt. Di-D with a manual transmission. The VIN is JMFLNV78W3J000xxx. There is no ‘genuine’ part number for these bushes – to get genuine ones you need to buy the whole cross member and the Mitsubishi part number for that is 3517A027. I believe you sell just the bushes to suit this part.

Their reply was ...
    Good day,
    It is two Bushings for given Differential Mounting - Right and Left: - MMB-V97R
    Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for Mmb-v97r Genuine Febest Arm Bushing Differential Mount 3517a027 at the best online prices at eBay!

- MMB-V97L
    http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/MMB-V97L-.../171522952858?

I don’t know if there is any difference to what you received or if our vehicles are the same for these parts – but thought I’d let you know.

Cheers

Geoff
    03 NP Manual Di-D Exceed, 2" lift, Dobinsons Springs, Lovells Shocks, ORU Winch, ARB Bullbar, Scott's Rods 3" Exhaust, ARB Compressor, Rear Air Locker, Cooper S/T Maxx, Hella Rallye 4000 S/Lights, Pioneer AVH-X5850BT DVD/Tuner w/- Reversing Camera, Sensa Tyre monitor, Uniden UH8080NB UHF, Rhino Platform Roof Rack, Hema HN-7 GPS, Engine Watchdog, CouplerTec, CTEK D250S DC-DC Charger, Snorkel, Towbar.

Comment

• Meremale
      • Dec 2015
      • Port Hedland, WA

Thanks Geoff, i think i may have posted a V that should have been an an M in the part number....sorry about that :-(

It is the rear two bushes that i am having the trouble with, the two on the front hanger i put in relatively easy and i could orientate them the same way that the old ones came out. The rear drivers side has been put in by the workshop with the main rubber part that actually forms the join at about 30 degrees from horizontal, where the old ones had it at the horizontal.

Cheers
      Last edited by Meremale; 06-04-16, 05:35 PM. Reason: Wrong spelling of name
      2003 NP Exceed 3.2 DiD 5 Spd Manual

Comment

• Meremale
        • Dec 2015
        • Port Hedland, WA

A picture is worth a thousand words.....this is what the 'experts' say is correct....i have to put three washer between the diff and the mount so that the rubber is not stretched in, and the orientation is all wrong.

Comment

• Meremale
          • Dec 2015
          • Port Hedland, WA

Sorry, pics didnt upload....

Comment

• laidlaym
            • Feb 2008

I'm up for diff mounts, are there some circlips or something that should be replaced at the same time to avoid the drive shafts moving?

Mark in Research
            Mark in Research
            NM GLX Manual 4M41 with clean ashtray and 2 DIN ICE

Comment

• GHendo
              Valued Member
              • Mar 2012
              • Northern NSW

Originally posted by laidlaym View Post
              I'm up for diff mounts, are there some circlips or something that should be replaced at the same time to avoid the drive shafts moving?

Mark in Research
              The small axles (about 150mm or 200mm long) that go into the diff at the rear are called Companion Shafts. They are bolted to the main axles that go to the wheel. These Companion Shafts have a clip (a bit like a circlip) on the end that is pushed into the diff which is supposed to stop the Companion Shaft from popping out of the diff.

If you remove the diff to replace the rubber mounts, you can pop the Companion Shafts out and have a look at the clips – if they measure 2.3mm in diameter (ie. thickness of the wire) you have the new ones – if they measure 2.0mm you have the old type that can pop out.

If you have the old clips, it has recently been mentioned on another thread on the forum, that Mitsubishi now supply a new clip that is oval shaped and will fit into the groove on the old style Companion Shafts – the part no. is 3715A285, so I’d suggest you install these if you have the smaller clips.

Cheers

Geoff
              03 NP Manual Di-D Exceed, 2" lift, Dobinsons Springs, Lovells Shocks, ORU Winch, ARB Bullbar, Scott's Rods 3" Exhaust, ARB Compressor, Rear Air Locker, Cooper S/T Maxx, Hella Rallye 4000 S/Lights, Pioneer AVH-X5850BT DVD/Tuner w/- Reversing Camera, Sensa Tyre monitor, Uniden UH8080NB UHF, Rhino Platform Roof Rack, Hema HN-7 GPS, Engine Watchdog, CouplerTec, CTEK D250S DC-DC Charger, Snorkel, Towbar.

Comment

• Meremale
                • Dec 2015
                • Port Hedland, WA

Managed to squeeze the mount all the way in so at least it is sitting flush, and after speaking to the state manager of the franchise they have refunded the cost of the labour for there job, so all good on that front. Now am just left wondering if having the bushing not in the correct orientation is going to cause problems, and if so will have to go through the whole process again.....sigh.....did think that next time i will crank up the freezer to max and leave the bushing in there overnight to see if it can shrink the metal even a little bit to help it go in, or possibly use nolathane bushes (49231) as these just push in.

Comment

• GHendo
                  Valued Member
                  • Mar 2012
                  • Northern NSW

With the orientation you were (or are) having trouble with, do you mean the centre of the bush is offset a bit to one side or something. I have no idea what the painted marks are on the bush, but surely unless the bush is a bit different on one side or something, it wouldn’t matter what was up and what was down. Are the bushes you got for the rear diff mounts, genuine Mitsubishi or FEBEST aftermarket – I know the front ones have to be aftermarket ?

Cheers

Geoff

Comment

• Meremale
                    • Dec 2015
                    • Port Hedland, WA

Hi Geoff, i used originals on the rear mounts, and they are centred correctly, but when you look at the mounts there is only two areas that are actually bonded to the outer casing shell. The remaining rubber, though it can appear to be all linked is in fact like a bump stop. When i pulled the old one out these two areas where pointing to each wheel ( in opposite directions) if this makes sense? ie horizontal. When they put the new one in it is now rotated about 30 degrees from the horizontal. Eventually spoke to MM Australia and they say these should be at the horizontal, but could not give me a definitive answer as to whether it is worthwhile pulling it out and putting another new one in at the correct orientation.

Cheers Lee

Comment

• GHendo
                      Valued Member
                      • Mar 2012
                      • Northern NSW

Hi Lee

That's good to know. Should the bonded areas be pointing towards the diff or away from it ?

Cheers

Geoff

Comment

• Meremale
                        • Dec 2015
                        • Port Hedland, WA

In the pictures the bonded areas are sitting at about the 7 o'clock and 2 o'clock position.....these should be at the 9 and 3 o'clock position....sorry about the quality of the pictures
                        Attached Files

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X