• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • stevemc181
    Valued Member
    • Sep 2012
    • Thornlie/Perth

Originally posted by Nab View Post
    That happens on all Patrols due to panhard rod positioning/design. Mine only touched when the suspension was at full flex so I just let it be.
    Hmm, mine hits on full compression, just a quick tyre rub noise where the tyre briefly hits the plastic liner at the back of the wheel arch. Nothing major and I just put it down to the larger tyres causing it. Is that what you are describing?
    2012 NW Activ with all the fruit, stripped what I could for my new build and handed over to the Mrs as a daily driver.

Current vehicle: 2016 Y61 GU Patrol Legend series Auto, (Last of the Breed)
    3505kg GVM Upgrade and 2" Lift | Warn XD 9000 Winch | Factory steel bar, towbar, snorkel, alloy roof rack | 285/70/17 (33") Mickey T ATZ P3's | 3" Manta Exhaust | ORS Drawer System | Manual Boost Controller | ECU Remap |

Comment

• Nab
      Valued Member
      • Mar 2012
      • Perth

I remember hearing a noise from the front but not the back. From memory the rear inner guard isn't plastic where it hit, its metal on the body, it scraped maybe a few inches above the chassis (going back almost 6 years now...). Only happened when I ran 285/75/16 tyres, didn't happen with the standard 265/70/16.
      SOLD 2004 NP 3.2 auto
      NOW 2014 Ranger XLT auto

Comment

• stevemc181
        Valued Member
        • Sep 2012
        • Thornlie/Perth

I had the Patrol remapped today by UFI (United Fuel Injection) Perth. Man, I am one happy camper, its only been a short drive home, but I could feel the extra grunt as soon as I left the driveway at UFI. I got home and took the missus for a spin, she couldn't believe the difference either. I also noted the scan gauge was giving me the lowest fuel readings I have seen, but I'll check this out over a few fill ups.

I am a happy with the increases they have achieved. She's gained a 30% increase in Torque and a 24% increase in kw. I can feel the push back into the seat when I floor it now, but the transmission still sucks compared to the Paj. This seems to now be a motor I can live with, and I'll give it a bit of a run over the next week or two and see how it all goes.
        2012 NW Activ with all the fruit, stripped what I could for my new build and handed over to the Mrs as a daily driver.

3505kg GVM Upgrade and 2" Lift | Warn XD 9000 Winch | Factory steel bar, towbar, snorkel, alloy roof rack | 285/70/17 (33") Mickey T ATZ P3's | 3" Manta Exhaust | ORS Drawer System | Manual Boost Controller | ECU Remap |

Comment

• MatthewP
          Valued Member
          • Jul 2014
          • North of Brisbane

Originally posted by stevemc181 View Post
          I had the Patrol remapped today by UFI (United Fuel Injection) Perth. Man, I am one happy camper, its only been a short drive home, but I could feel the extra grunt as soon as I left the driveway at UFI. I got home and took the missus for a spin, she couldn't believe the difference either. I also noted the scan gauge was giving me the lowest fuel readings I have seen, but I'll check this out over a few fill ups.

I am a happy with the increases they have achieved. She's gained a 30% increase in Torque and a 24% increase in kw. I can feel the push back into the seat when I floor it now, but the transmission still sucks compared to the Paj. This seems to now be a motor I can live with, and I'll give it a bit of a run over the next week or two and see how it all goes.
          That a nice increase in power.

Did you see if UFI have an upgraded turbo for the ZD30?
          I have read about their upgrades for the TD42, they really seem to know thier stuff.

I have heard that the stock bonnet scoops are restrictive, apparently the larger aftermarket scoops drop egts noticeably.

http://m.ebay.com.au/itm/141652276794.

From what i have read, the airbox is restrictive also, the problem is that the filter is too large of a diameter and there isnt much clearance between the filter and the walls of the airbox.

One fix was to install a filter with a slightly smaller diameter, which increased the flow through the airbox.

This was for TD42s that were using the ZD30 airbox because it was less restrictive than the stock td42 airbox.

It may not be a concern if you not chasing more power, but its something to consider.

Matt
          05 NP Pajero Platinum 3.2DID Auto

Comment

• stevemc181
            Valued Member
            • Sep 2012
            • Thornlie/Perth

Originally posted by MatthewP View Post
            That a nice increase in power.

Did you see if UFI have an upgraded turbo for the ZD30?
            I have read about their upgrades for the TD42, they really seem to know thier stuff.

I have heard that the stock bonnet scoops are restrictive, apparently the larger aftermarket scoops drop egts noticeably.

http://m.ebay.com.au/itm/141652276794.

From what i have read, the airbox is restrictive also, the problem is that the filter is too large of a diameter and there isnt much clearance between the filter and the walls of the airbox.

One fix was to install a filter with a slightly smaller diameter, which increased the flow through the airbox.

This was for TD42s that were using the ZD30 airbox because it was less restrictive than the stock td42 airbox.

It may not be a concern if you not chasing more power, but its something to consider.

Matt

Maybe in a few years down the track, I might consider it. But I think this will be ok for now. I don't need mega horsepower. Just wanted something better than Nissans standard offering in the power department with the ZD30. This ECU Remap and the 3" exhaust has achieved that for me.

Comment

• stevemc181
              Valued Member
              • Sep 2012
              • Thornlie/Perth

More news in the smiles department
              My mate has finished making me up a water tank in SS316. This will fit behind the 2nd row seats when I have them in and will hold around 75-80 litres. I really missed having a tank and pump on my last trip, as stuffing around with jerrys is just too cumbersome, particularly when I had them ratchet strapped down in the cabin.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
              Working...
              X