• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fbo974
    • Apr 2019
    • Reunion Island

Originally posted by craka View Post
    (In addition bugger all people would here 22kHz or higher)

Thank you for all this information
    Do you think I should try to find some with 22K ++ hz? Or will these do the job properly ?

Comment

• Patagonia
      Valued Member
      • Dec 2009
      • Santiago, Chile!!!!!

Almost nobody hears over 20 khz at their best time (15 yr old?) and it goes down with age, i you are over 40 years old you probably dont hear over 15 or 17 khz, and if you were a fan of loud headphones when teenager even less. And then, in reality high frecuencies need a direct path from speaker to ears so tweeter positioning is even more important... just dont worry about frecuency response, all will do fine to go high enough, differences within the frecuency response that affect sound quality cannot be spotted from reading specs.

Just go to high efficiency (94db or more, easy to find) speakers that will need less power for any given volume you need, specially if they are 2 or 3 ohm that suck more power from the amp.
      2000 SWB NL 3.5 SOHC V6 AT.
      Adjustable suspension, Rear Locker, Suspension Seats, Cruise Control, 8500 Lbs winch, all factory fitted.
      31x10.5R15 Pirelli ATR?s and forever thinking on the lift.
      2009 SWB NS 3.2 DOHC DID AT 265/70/17 BFG AT/KO, OME SD Springs +4 Rear locker, 8.500 Lbs Winch...new toy!!!

Comment

• Fbo974
        • Apr 2019
        • Reunion Island

what's up guyz ?

So the pandemic is not helping with international delivery . The speakers i wanted is not available in my little island .

I found a pair of pioneer locally at a correct price (TS-A1600C) , the only downside is that they make 85db

There is an adapter provided in the kit, this is also why I took it , basically, I wanted to change the backs, but my seats are in the living room for a while, and my partner is starting to get tired of having them there So I’ll do the rear later .

Here some pics
        To limit vibrations, I use self-adhesive foam between the door and the adapter

I also put some between the speaker and the adapter

If ever, this assembly is not correct , just tell me

Comment

• Fbo974
          • Apr 2019
          • Reunion Island

I had to modify the support a little, enlarge some holes , this is what it gives with the woofer in place

I also made another small modification to pass the electrical harness

I kept the connection of the original speaker to connect the woofer
          Last edited by Fbo974; 03-08-20, 02:53 AM.

Comment

• craka
            Valued Member
            • Jun 2009
            • Newcastle (Newie)

Hey, not wrong about international delivery very few flights are going anywhere in the world at the moment I believe. Call me ignorant but I had to look up where Reunion Island is, it appears to be quite a isolated location, I'd imagine getting getting freight at any time is costly.

I'm not sure on you model pajero but did it already have split front speakers. ie Woofer in lower door and tweeter up high inside of door near where mirror connects?

I have no doubt the pioneers coaxial speakers you have will improve the mid and lower range frequencies over the factory speakers but having the tweeter down in the lower door won't product as good a sound stage of having a separate tweeter up higher in the door. Tweeters produce higher audible frequencies which are more direct than lower frequencies and a best nearest to head height as possible.
            NS SWB X 3.2DiD - Factory locker, Hella spotties, GME UHF, 2" lift

Retired: 1991 NH SWB 3.0L V6 5sp Manual, Mickey Thompson ATZs, GME UHF TX3200.

Comment

• Fbo974
              • Apr 2019
              • Reunion Island

Craka, in fact I had not finished the post, I still have a few photos to put in it.
              But there is a tweeter in place and it has also been replaced .

As soon as I get home from work, I will finish it because I have a few questions about the soundproofing of the front doors .

for where I live, a small map is better than a long explanation

We have on thing in common , we live in the same ocean ^^
              Last edited by Fbo974; 15-04-20, 07:57 PM.

Comment

• craka
                Valued Member
                • Jun 2009
                • Newcastle (Newie)

Yes apologies I jumped the gun there. When I first put the model of the pioneer speakers you have, the first photo I saw was of a coaxial type speaker. But clearly that model speaker you are installing is a a component type set of speaker.

Comment

• Fbo974
                  • Apr 2019
                  • Reunion Island

Originally posted by craka View Post
                  Yes apologies I jumped the gun there. .
                  no problem

so this is how I fixed the harness temporarily , I should restart to do the soundproofing when i would find the right thing .

For the tweeter's wires, I tryed to follow the existing harness

Comment

• Fbo974
                    • Apr 2019
                    • Reunion Island

Then for the soundproofing, I had plates (x2) of the brand STP, the seller had that here, he assured me that it would be sufficient for the two front doors , but when i saw the size i thought it was a joke
                    it should be about 70cm by 80cmhe told me that for the two front doors it would be perfect it's downright small

here is what it gives once everything is finished.

It going to be super hassle for soundproofing, we do not easily find this kind of product here, do I keep what is existing? (white stuff) and I put pieces of what I have as soundproofing all around?

Comment

• Fbo974
                      • Apr 2019
                      • Reunion Island

i have only two pieces , certain that is not enough , what to use in substitution ?

good night guyz

Comment

• craka
                        Valued Member
                        • Jun 2009
                        • Newcastle (Newie)

I would leave the existing factory white noise dampening material, the NS model does not have this, with the NT model mitsubishi got better wiith NVH.

For your speaker install, my belief is that some sound dampening should go behind the speaker on the inside of the outer panel of the door. Added photo with arrow to show where I mean.
                        Attached Files

Comment

• Fbo974
                          • Apr 2019
                          • Reunion Island

Thankx Craka , I'm also going to help me with this video I found yesterday on Youtube .

Пример разбора и шумоизоляции дверей Mitsubishi Pajero в уровне шумоизоляции Премиум (средний из трех) материалами Шумофф.Подписывайтесь на наш Instagram: ​h...

and this link too

Шумоизоляцию (шумка) автомобиля Mitsubishi (Митсубиси) Pajero (Паджеро). Полная пошаговая методика в нашей статье по шумоизоляции (звукоизоляции, теплоизоляции) Mitsubishi (Митсубиси) Pajero (Паджеро) от компании АвтоШум.

it will help many of us

Thankx to all for help

Comment

• greybeard
                            • Jan 2008
                            • WA

With the new soundsystem and the size of the island, you'll be able to doof doof the whole community

Comment

• Keithyv
                              Valued Member
                              • May 2018
                              • Perth

Yes cover as much of the inside of the outer door skin as you can with the material you have. I did all my doors, now it sounds like a large safe when closing the doors - a nice solid 'thunk'

I actually did all the back of the door cards as well, as well as other areas too!

Sound quality improved way out of sight too...
                              2014 NW MY14 3.2 DID GLX-R Auto. Champagne in colour!
                              MM Lockup mate. King KCRS-35 rear springs. Monroe Gas Magnum TDT rear shocks. 3M color stable tint all round. Spare wheel lift kit. 'Dynamat' in all doors and rear cargo area. Pioneer AVH-Z5150BT Head Unit. Upgraded Speakers. Rear (2nd row) USB outlet. Factory nudge bar with LED light bar. Provent catch can. LED interior lights. Rear cargo area twin Andersons and Merit socket. Anderson plug in rear bumper. 6 channel TPMS.

Comment

• Fbo974
                                • Apr 2019
                                • Reunion Island

I did the other front speaker this sunday , here is how i installed the tweet

it looks like that once removed from the door

After removing the two screws , we remove the tweeter, to remove it from its support, you have to make a small quarter turn, and unclip it

I "re use" this same support for the new tweet

The thing is almost plug&play, without modifying anything it fit nicely.

i would continue this post for the rear maybe tomorrow , after work

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X