• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • glyptal
    • Mar 2019
    • katoomba

roof platform and Exceed compliant nudge bar

Hey all
    I havent been able to find a light strong roof platform, long and mounted directly to the roof with a spine thing or similar, like a tradies platform, for 2018 pajero sport exceed , Any ideas or suggestions gratefully received.

Also

has anyone found a compliant nudge bar for same car, exceed model, which is compliant
    to/with all that front radar/safety over kill features. I think that the answer is no.
    Cheers
  • Starsky99
    • Jun 2017
    • Melbourne

Originally posted by glyptal View Post
    Hey all
    I havent been able to find a light strong roof platform, long and mounted directly to the roof with a spine thing or similar, like a tradies platform, for 2018 pajero sport exceed , Any ideas or suggestions gratefully received.

The Frontrunner rack has a spine type setup. Not particularly light at 32kg but is solid.

Comment

• pigtrotters
      • Aug 2019
      • Sydney

has anyone found a compliant nudge bar for same car, exceed model, which is compliant
      to/with all that front radar/safety over kill features. I think that the answer is no.
      Cheers

Actually kind of 'YES'. There is a full size Bull Bar (BB) available for the Exceed. I collected my Exceed yesterday, and would only buy one if I could get a BB. Otherwise it was going to be an MUX. The company (only company I believe) that makes a BB for the Exceed is MCC in Victoria. The BB is :- MCC PHOENIX BAR SUIT PAJERO SPORT A FRAME WITH FOG LIGHT AND UNDER BAR PLATE
      Their agent in Sydney is at the riff, not far from you, at Penrith Off Road Warehouse. This bar is the only one to my knowledge, where they move the front camera, so the all round vision still works. All other BB's interfere with the camera, and you cannot put a winch or lights on the BB. There's another minor catch I was told about, and that's the headlight washers. I was 'TOLD', that if the car came with headlight washers (exceed does) then you need to keep them working for the car to be legal. Penrith off road warehouse sourced a kit for me to be set up after installation, but it costs an arm and a leg and your first born. I think this is an unnecessary expense for something that's pretty useless, and may be needed in 4 foot of snow in Europe, but we don't need over here. I need a bit more info, before I install, but this BB does not interfere with the front sensor, behind the badge. All parking sensors are moved to the BB. Hope this helps.

Comment

• orthodoxs
        • Mar 2018
        • Darwin

Originally posted by pigtrotters View Post
        Cheers

Actually kind of 'YES'. There is a full size Bull Bar (BB) available for the Exceed. I collected my Exceed yesterday, and would only buy one if I could get a BB. Otherwise it was going to be an MUX. The company (only company I believe) that makes a BB for the Exceed is MCC in Victoria. The BB is :- MCC PHOENIX BAR SUIT PAJERO SPORT A FRAME WITH FOG LIGHT AND UNDER BAR PLATE
        Their agent in Sydney is at the riff, not far from you, at Penrith Off Road Warehouse. This bar is the only one to my knowledge, where they move the front camera, so the all round vision still works. All other BB's interfere with the camera, and you cannot put a winch or lights on the BB. There's another minor catch I was told about, and that's the headlight washers. I was 'TOLD', that if the car came with headlight washers (exceed does) then you need to keep them working for the car to be legal. Penrith off road warehouse sourced a kit for me to be set up after installation, but it costs an arm and a leg and your first born. I think this is an unnecessary expense for something that's pretty useless, and may be needed in 4 foot of snow in Europe, but we don't need over here. I need a bit more info, before I install, but this BB does not interfere with the front sensor, behind the badge. All parking sensors are moved to the BB. Hope this helps.
        I think he wants advice on Nudge Bar not Bull bar

Comment

• orthodoxs
          • Mar 2018
          • Darwin

Originally posted by pigtrotters View Post
          Cheers

More on the MCC BB in this Blog
          I’ve mentioned this before, but when you buy a new model of vehicle, there will be delays for accessories. The bullbar was no exception to this. I searched the Web, I attended a number of loc…

Comment

• glyptal
            • Mar 2019
            • katoomba

Thanks heaps

Comment

• Lefty
              • Mar 2017
              • Brisbane

ECB does bullbars with or without winch that suit the Exceed and include relocating the existing parking sensors and camera. The headlight washers stay in place. Had mine for 18 months, no problems at all. Can fit a light bar between the hoops and below the radar sensor. ECB also do nudgebars.

Comment

• glyptal
                • Mar 2019
                • katoomba

Thanks very much for your advice

Comment

• APW
                  • Nov 2018
                  • Somerville

Hi all,
                  roof platform, Rhino Rack are releasing a new backbone system for the Pajero Sport shortly

and Bull Bar, I have a compliant Iron Man bull bar on my MY18 Exceed, and every thing still works.
                  Was not smooth sailing all the way, but was sorted in the end.

Regards
                  APW

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X