• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jonmac
    • Jul 2014
    • berwick

NW Pajero using Anderson WDH/anti sway

Hi all,

I am taking delivery of a 20'6'' tandem wheel van that will have ESC.

The spare wheel lift pack has been installed on the Pajero.

I am keen to use a Hyland hitch (so that i can open the rear door when hitched to the van) and the Anderson WDH and Anti sway.

Different comments seem to point to there being problems associated with using the Hyland hitch with the Anderson WDH.

I would appreciate a response or PM from any Pajero owner who has successfully used this combination and how this was achieved.

Thanks

John
  • Jenko67
    • Jul 2011
    • Brisbane

Hey John, have a mate with nw pajero who recently bought an anderson hitch and he had a hyland hitch on his paramount van.... Anderson do not recommend the use of the hyland hitch with their WDH as it could pop off the towball. This was only recently, give them a call to clarify mate.. He had to go back to the normal hitch but had to modify this so the top of the hitch didn't hit the wheel even though he had the wheel lift kit...

Something similar to this...pic

Hope this helps

Scott.
    Attached Files
    2011 Pajero RX2, white, auto diesel, genuine towbar, electronic rust proofing, brake controller, mats throughout, neoprene seat covers, tinted front windows, headlight and bonnet protectors, dual battery, Redarc with anderson plug and heavy duty fridge socket etc etc but I want more...

Towing - 2013 Coromal Magnum Transforma Poptop

To do list - bullbar, spotlights, polyair airbags or suspension ??? (still to decide), airtec snorkel...

Comment

• wilyum
      • Jul 2008
      • Canberra

Originally posted by Jenko67 View Post
      Hey John, have a mate with nw pajero who recently bought an anderson hitch and he had a hyland hitch on his paramount van.... Anderson do not recommend the use of the hyland hitch with their WDH as it could pop off the towball. This was only recently, give them a call to clarify mate.. He had to go back to the normal hitch but had to modify this so the top of the hitch didn't hit the wheel even though he had the wheel lift kit...

Hope this helps

Scott.
      G`day Jenko67,
      The Andersen towball is 2mm too short for the Hyland Hitch. A fix is on the way according to Titan.
      Cheers,
      Wilyum.

Comment

• Dicko1
        Valued Member
        • Dec 2014
        • Cairns, FNQ

Originally posted by Jenko67 View Post

Hope this helps

Scott.
        That's a pretty neat looking mod your mate has done....
        Dicko. FNQ

2014 NW with all the usual stuff plus more.

TIME....1000 times more valuable than money

Comment

• Georgie
          Valued Member
          • Sep 2013
          • Secret Harbour WA

Originally posted by jonmac View Post
          Hi all,

I am taking delivery of a 20'6'' tandem wheel van that will have ESC.

The spare wheel lift pack has been installed on the Pajero.

I am keen to use a Hyland hitch (so that i can open the rear door when hitched to the van) and the Anderson WDH and Anti sway.

Different comments seem to point to there being problems associated with using the Hyland hitch with the Anderson WDH.

I would appreciate a response or PM from any Pajero owner who has successfully used this combination and how this was achieved.

Thanks

John
          Hi John
          Like you I have two axle van how ever mine is a dedicated off roader and as such is much higher than road vans when I first got this van I had a lot of problems matching heights of the van and Pajero I have Reece WDH and I have got the spare wheel lift kit but this was only the start of it when towing through the Kimberly I was always trying different tow hights
          but I also found that the hitch when put into the reciever on the tow bar was too far under the spare wheel leaving very little room to hook up and detach I over came this by going to an engeneering mob in Kunnarra and they extended the hitch which is a solid bar by 100 mm now I have plenty of room to hitch I also have the DO 35 all terrain hitch on the van which is the best hitch that I have used in my opinion and is very easy to hook up on any terrain and when I travel off road I remove the torsion bars so that I still get full articulation of the off road hitch so after a lot of trial and error I finaly have the right tow height and easy to hook up and detach
          so the best of luck with your new van
          Cheers
          Georgie
          2015 Sahara
          Black Mica in colour
          BFG A/T 275x70x18s Black Widow drawers Redark dual battery system GME CB radio Redarc Tow Prow Elite

Wish List lots

SOLD 2013 GLX- R Pajero

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
          Working...
          X