• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TC.Barky
    Valued Member
    • Oct 2011
    • Melbourne

Next modification arrived today, dirty gear bag from Bali!

This was organised via this thread http://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/...ad.php?t=41367 to solve the long standing issue with the gen4 over what to do with your rubbish so you don't have to carry stinky bags in your car.

Pretty pleased with the quality, only 35 bucks plus postage. Took about two weeks to get here as part of a bulk order.

Possibly some concerns with very slightly obscuring the tail/brake/indicator light assemblies when you are close up and the bags are full but I think it should be ok.
    MY14 NW GLX-R 3.2L Auto Build Thread
    Fitted: 265/70R17 Kanati Mud Hogs. Ultimate Suspension HD Front EHD + bags rear. MM Towbar. OL Bullbar. SPV EGR Mod. Bushskinz Bash Plates x4. Roleys Rear Bar Protector. Icom IC-400Pro. Rhino Pioneer Tradie Rack. CTEK CTD250S w/ Dual Bats. Airtec Snorkel. Scangauge II. Blackvue Dash Cam. TC mod. Autosafe Half Barrier. Masten TPMS. Drifta Custom Drawers w/ Mounted Compressor. 47L ARB Fridge. Domin8rX Winch. Towing an MDC stepthrough.

Comment

• Smallfry
      • Apr 2014
      • Bowen Qld

Looks good, only going to need it to get back to a bin.

Couple of questions, How do you find the Mickey T STZ's in sand?

The rear LED, is it covered in this thread.

Cheers

Rob
      2014 Black VRX NW Pajero - ARB Winch Bar, Dual Battery, Hayman Reese H/Duty Tow kit inc Electric Brake module, Engel 40L Fridge, Sunroof, Tint, Boo's Bash Plates, IPF Spotlights, Kings HD Springs & Bilstein shocks 2" Lift, 58L LRA Aux Fuel Tank, AOB Quad Breather kit, Fuel Manager 2u secondary fuel filter, 120amp Anderson outlet, Roo Systems RTT, GME TX3520W 80ch UHF,Stedi Fog/DRL, Redarc Pyro & Battery gauges, Western Filters Catch Can, 150W Solar Blanket, still in progress

Comment

• TC.Barky
        Valued Member
        • Oct 2011
        • Melbourne

Originally posted by Smallfry View Post
        Looks good, only going to need it to get back to a bin.

Couple of questions, How do you find the Mickey T STZ's in sand?

The rear LED, is it covered in this thread.

Cheers

Rob
        Yeah that's my thoughts too. Might run a strap around it to keep it compressed when it's not in use to be safe.

Will have to get back to you shortly RE the tyres in sand as I've done very little so far. Going to Robe and then doing Googs Track in just over a week so I'll have a pretty good idea after that

Not sure what you mean, if you are referring to a rear worklight I don't have one so na it's not in here.
        Fitted: 265/70R17 Kanati Mud Hogs. Ultimate Suspension HD Front EHD + bags rear. MM Towbar. OL Bullbar. SPV EGR Mod. Bushskinz Bash Plates x4. Roleys Rear Bar Protector. Icom IC-400Pro. Rhino Pioneer Tradie Rack. CTEK CTD250S w/ Dual Bats. Airtec Snorkel. Scangauge II. Blackvue Dash Cam. TC mod. Autosafe Half Barrier. Masten TPMS. Drifta Custom Drawers w/ Mounted Compressor. 47L ARB Fridge. Domin8rX Winch. Towing an MDC stepthrough.

Comment

• Chooseboost
          • Nov 2014
          • Western NSW

I've gor MT STZ's currently also.

Have completed Kylies Beach, Diamond Head and now 5 days at Fraser.

No issues with STZ's. Mild enough for sand, good on the road. Need something slightly more aggressive for offroad mud, rocks etc.
          2013 NW VRX - ARB Deluxe bar, TJM 9500lb winch with synthetic rope, MT STZ's 265/60/18, UHF, Tough Dog Suspension Lift, Bushskinz Intercooler/sump guard and transmission guard, Bushskinz rock sliders, Boo's rear bash plate, Airtec snorkel, ARB diff breathers, Aurora 5w 20" lightbar, Rhino Pioneer Roof Rack. Second set of tyres on 17" challenger rims - Hankook Dynapro MT's 265/70/17. Kalahari Black awning.
          Check out my YouTube page!
          4x4therapy

Comment

• Pajatron
            • Aug 2015
            • Perth, WA

Ipad holder query

Originally posted by TC.Barky View Post
            Next I gave my interior a bit of a makeover. First step was unplugging those annoying seat belt beepers!

Next I stuck a set of 12V ports with double sided outdoor mounting tape to the side of the console. I did this in the NL and the only time it ever came off was when I took it off to pull apart the console, was very solid otherwise. This will be cleaned up a bit soon, I'm thinking when I have the dash apart to fit the UHF I'll splice the cable in behind the console so the 4-way adaptor isn't plugged in to the 12V port in the console.

Next step for the interior was fitting up my RAM mounts. I'm running a phone holder (X-Grip) with a long arm suction cupped to the windscreen, a tablet holder mounted to the passenger seat rail and a cradle for my SPOT tracker that gets stuck on when I'm on a trip (or if I'm feeling lazy, sometimes it just stays there )

Sorry the photo is a bit blurry, it's the only one I've taken of the interior setup.

Hi, just joined the club last week and wanted to ask you about the Ipad holder you have if I may.. Where did you get it, what brand & where have you attached it? I have a 2014 Nw GLX-R , Iron Bark, Just starting to look at some mods. Your Paj looks Great. Cheers , Stephen

Comment

• TC.Barky
              Valued Member
              • Oct 2011
              • Melbourne

Originally posted by Pajatron View Post
              Hi, just joined the club last week and wanted to ask you about the Ipad holder you have if I may.. Where did you get it, what brand & where have you attached it? I have a 2014 Nw GLX-R , Iron Bark, Just starting to look at some mods. Your Paj looks Great. Cheers , Stephen
              Cheers mate, tablet holder is a RAM mount tab tite using a universal no drill vehicle mount. This is mounted using the floor bolt on the passenger seat rail in my case but you can use any bolts basically. Very pleased with the setup.

I got it from PI Plus in Melbourne but there's plenty of distributors around, Southern insights is the main one in Australia that does nationwide delivery but they were out of stock when I was looking.

The tablet I'm using is a Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1" either android or apple tablets do the job fine, generally just go with whatever platform you are used to. My suggestion would be to not go smaller than a 10" though as you'll find you'll be wanting bigger.

When you work out what tablet you want to use, use this page to design mounts for them:

RAM® Mounts is the industry leader in rugged motorcycle and car phone mounts, rugged tablet mounts for trucks, forklift mounts, and more. Find the perfect device mount for your car, truck, motorcycle, plane, forklift, snowmobile & many more.

It allows you to put in your device and it gives you basically all the mounting options available.

Comment

• artuo
                • Sep 2014
                • Central Coast NSW

Originally posted by Pajatron View Post
                Hi Pajatron, i've purchased the RAM X-grip III and POD-1 mount. Same as TC's it mounts on the seat bolt, no drilling required. It only turned up last week so i havent got a chance to test it yet, but it gets good reports from 4WDers. It wasnt cheap, but being universal it wont limit me to devices, except for size.
                I got it from Johnny Appleseed GPS in Sydney.

BTW, Nice build so far TC
                Attached Files
                MY14 NW VRX Graphite DiD, ARB Deluxe CC'd Bullbar, Airtec Snorkel, DIY rear shelf, Autosafe half cargo barrier, GME TX3540S radio, Rhino Pioneer plaform with bits, Foxwing awning, Bushskinz Sump & Intercooler plates, Dual Battery with Redarc BCDC1225LV, Bilstein/Lovells HD suspension, LRA Aux Tank

In Tow; Explorer Lawson camper trailer

Comment

• TC.Barky
                  Valued Member
                  • Oct 2011
                  • Melbourne

Gee the xgrip tablet mounts have changed a lot! Looks very different to the older style. You'll be pleased with the setup, there's a small amount of movement in the universal mount because of the long arm but it's not an issue in practice, can still see the display very clearly and because there's a bit of movement it absorbs a bit of vibration so it actually can make it easier to read

Comment

• Pajshomoneroguntero
                    Valued Member
                    • Jul 2013
                    • Sydney

Originally posted by TC.Barky View Post
                    The major modification for today however was fitting the cargo barrier. This is an Autosafe 'half' barrier which was ordered via Drifta as part of my drawer system. They obviously just had it sent directly to me. Took some pictures as I went, quite a simple job. Would recommend two people fit it though as the floor bolts are very fiddly to do on your own (trust me, see below). The instructions are a bit vague and have no pictures, so here are some images to help people in future (sorry some of them are blurry, was in a bit of a rush).

The barrier as it is when delivered.

Start by removing the 3rd row handgrips. Just pop open a cover with a small flathead (from the bottom, flick upwards) and then phillips head screws.

Remove the tie down assemblies (again, small flathead to flip up central cover then remove M6 bolt with phillips head).

Fit the bracket that has the threaded stud coming out in the middle to where the grab handles were using the supplied M6 bolts (need an allen key).

Use the supplied M10 nuts to attach the long shaped bracket to the stud and then attach the other end of the shaped bracket to the top loops of the cargo barrier (cargo barrier side is a supplied phillips head M10x20, make sure you aren't using the longer 25mm ones you'll need them later)

Drill out the bolt hole in the floor using a suitable 10mm drill bit. Attach the Z bracket to the floor. The manual didn't specify which way around to face the bracket so I've put it this way to maximise storage space in the rear. Be aware facing it this way you have to make sure the seats aren't fouling the bottom of the cage when folded down. In this picture here I'm using the original M6 bolt because I thought I had a 10mm drill bit but turns out I didn't so I just chucked this in here short term for a trip to Bunnings, holds it OK but wouldn't trust it long term or in an accident

To actually fix the M10x25mm phillips head bolt to the floor once you've drilled it you need to put the supplied mudguard washers under the car. This is the only step you kinda need a second person for. I managed it on my own but it was a massive pain in the ass as you've got to reach around above the tyre to hold the mudguard washer in place as you turn the bolt from the top with a screwdriver. The manual recommends putting some silicon on and around the washer to prevent water ingress, which is a mighty fine idea!

I had to jack up the back of the car so I could have more room to reach in to the washer because of the rear AC lines on the drivers side. Again, MUCH easier with two people

aaaaand voila!

Thus far I'm very impressed with the build quality. There's basically none of the annoying rattly cage noises that I normally associate with cargo barriers except for a very very slight harmonic at about 2100RPM but I think I may be able to minimise that by spacing it back from the chairs by a couple mm (atm it's resting against the plastic at the bottom of the second row seats). If I was to be designing my own, I'd make the gap slightly higher to suit my needs to make it a true half barrier but I believe it's set at the same height as when the second row seats are folded flat which makes sense for maximum protection. Overall very very pleased.
                    I can't make it out in the pic but I take it that you've installed the mudguard washer with the M10 nut in place over the spot welded support bracket; ie you haven't removed that bracket on the underside?
                    Attached Files
                    NX GLS MY16 Auto: MM Towbar | Spare Lift Kit | Cooper ST MAXX 265/65R17 | SPVi Module mk3.1 | Autosafe Half Cargo Barrier | Torque Pro App | Donaldson 3um 2ndry Fuel Filter | Diff Breathers | GME4500 UHF | Rhino Rack Pioneer Platform | Roley's Rear Bash Plate | Bushskinz Underbody Protection | Airtec Snorkel | Onboard Compressor | Awning | ARB Deluxe Bar | Lightbar | Sherpa4x4 Winch | Bushskinz Sidesteps | Masten TPMS

Build Thread

Comment

• TC.Barky
                      Valued Member
                      • Oct 2011
                      • Melbourne

Originally posted by Pajshomoneroguntero View Post
                      I can't make it out in the pic but I take it that you've installed the mudguard washer with the M10 nut in place over the spot welded support bracket; ie you haven't removed that bracket on the underside?
                      Hmmm that bracket doesn't look familiar tbh, though I'm not sure why they'd add it for the NX. I definitely didn't take anything off though. Just felt like a flat hole when I installed mine.

Comment

• Pajshomoneroguntero
                        Valued Member
                        • Jul 2013
                        • Sydney

Interesting, but I assume you would have had the original M6 nut welded in place or was it a loose nut and washer (in which case you would have had to reach under to take the tie-down off)?
                        NX GLS MY16 Auto: MM Towbar | Spare Lift Kit | Cooper ST MAXX 265/65R17 | SPVi Module mk3.1 | Autosafe Half Cargo Barrier | Torque Pro App | Donaldson 3um 2ndry Fuel Filter | Diff Breathers | GME4500 UHF | Rhino Rack Pioneer Platform | Roley's Rear Bash Plate | Bushskinz Underbody Protection | Airtec Snorkel | Onboard Compressor | Awning | ARB Deluxe Bar | Lightbar | Sherpa4x4 Winch | Bushskinz Sidesteps | Masten TPMS

Build Thread

Comment

• TC.Barky
                          Valued Member
                          • Oct 2011
                          • Melbourne

Originally posted by Pajshomoneroguntero View Post
                          Interesting, but I assume you would have had the original M6 nut welded in place or was it a loose nut and washer (in which case you would have had to reach under to take the tie-down off)?
                          Can't remember RE taking it off, but putting the new parts on I definitely needed to have a hand on a spanner underneath, was a pain in the butt.

Comment

• TC.Barky
                            Valued Member
                            • Oct 2011
                            • Melbourne

Been a while since I've updated this thread, quite a few changes have been made over the last little while.

First up, winch installed. I inherited my dads old winch as he's recently moved from his patrol to a brand new 200 series and wanted a shiny new winch to go with it (frankly probably needs a higher weight rating too heh). It's an old Warn XD9000. Hung off the front of his car for over 5 years and has seen some pretty tough conditions.

It was still working fine but I took the opportunity while it was out to do a full stripdown and regrease and I'm glad I did as it was full of sand from our Robe and Googs Track trip. Also converted it from steel wire to synthetic rope while I was at it and went right over it with some sikaflex.

Fitting to the car with the OL bar fitted wasn't too bad but it only JUST fits between the bar and the body. Little awkward to do but managed it without taking the bar off using a second set of hands.

Not particularly happy with the control box mount sticking up like that (this is using the OL control box plate) but it's been on there for a few months now and I've done nothing about it so I guess it's staying

Need to put a plate over the exposed rope as I'm lead to believe it's UV sensitive. It's on the to-do list.

Have used it for a straight line pull in testing, not yet in anger.

Comment

• TC.Barky
                              Valued Member
                              • Oct 2011
                              • Melbourne

The other mod of note has been to permanently mount my compressor. This solves the issue of where to store the bloody portable box for the compressor and also means I'm gonna be less likely to drive to a servo on low pressures as it's much quicker and easier to start airing up now. For now it's running on the same power pickup as the fridge (6mm twincore) not ideal but seeing how we go. Seems to run both fine for now as long as the car is running.

Had to make up the side wings to go on top as well as the one beside the drawers where the button and fitting is mounted to which was a bit fiddly to get right but pleased with the look now. Wing on the top lifts off to access the hose, going to modify it all down the track so the wing is hinged to make accessing the hose easier when fully loaded, also going to box in the compressor so I can store other stuff down the side without worrying about damaging the compressor.

Comment

• TC.Barky
                                Valued Member
                                • Oct 2011
                                • Melbourne

Finally, the paj has had a haircut!!

Roof top tent has come off. Likely permanently. Awning is also off at the moment but will be put back on at some point. Taking some getting used to - much harder to find in the carpark now!

Still think the RTT is one of the best solutions for touring and frequent trips but sadly we need to settle on a different solution for the future (family one day) and the fuel economy penalty was annoying me given that I don't do as frequent weekend trips anymore.

Haven't decided if I will sell it or not yet. May do once we've decided on an alternative.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X