• Show
Clear All
  • TC.Barky
    Valued Member
    • Oct 2011
    • Melbourne

Which hoses are these?

Hey all,

Just gathering parts for my upcoming major service. Had the radiator replaced recently and the mechanic who did it said they didn't replace all the hoses at the time due them knowing this service is coming up to try and save on some labour costs. Didn't ask them at the time which hoses they left as I was going to just get them to do the service but I've decided to have a whack at the service myself.

Can anyone tell me what hoses I still need to replace based on this picture? These are all the old hoses that they took off and replaced (so I still need whatever isn't pictured). Part numbers would be helpful if anyone has them on hand.

Thanks in advance!
    MY14 NW GLX-R 3.2L Auto Build Thread
    Fitted: 265/70R17 Kanati Mud Hogs. Ultimate Suspension HD Front EHD + bags rear. MM Towbar. OL Bullbar. SPV EGR Mod. Bushskinz Bash Plates x4. Roleys Rear Bar Protector. Icom IC-400Pro. Rhino Pioneer Tradie Rack. CTEK CTD250S w/ Dual Bats. Airtec Snorkel. Scangauge II. Blackvue Dash Cam. TC mod. Autosafe Half Barrier. Masten TPMS. Drifta Custom Drawers w/ Mounted Compressor. 47L ARB Fridge. Domin8rX Winch. Towing an MDC stepthrough.
  • LordMayhem
    Valued Member
    • Apr 2012
    • Brissy QLD

that's only the radiator and the heater hoses you should atleast have 2 more hoses that go from back of motor to the throttle body. sorry can't help on part numbers
    94 NJ 3L Auto Stocker

Comment

• LanaB
      • Nov 2012
      • Millicent, SA near some of the best sand/beach driving in Australia

and there is also that U shaped (all important) bypass hose at the front of the engine. Isn't there also 2 others that go to the water pump as well?
      2005 MK Triton GLS 2.8TD manual, some fruit, much more to come.
      retired .. '94 NJ, GLS, swb, 3.0l

Comment

• Pauly Faulkner
        Valued Member
        • Feb 2012
        • Maitland, NSW

MD308822- TB feed hose(connects to metal pipe that comes out of the back of the water pump)
        MD307529- TB return hose
        There's a few little hoses back there as well from memory but these 2 plus the 4 you changed already are the main ones.
        97' NK 3ltr GLX LWB Manual | 3" lift | Wildcat headers | K&N air filter | 2.8 crawl gears | 4Terrain clutch | 2.25" exhaust | Factory locker rear | TJM 10,000lb winch | TJM snorkel
        97' NL GLS LWB Auto | 6G75 3.8ltr | Redback Headers

Comment

• TC.Barky
          Valued Member
          • Oct 2011
          • Melbourne

Cheers all and thanks for those part numbers Pauly.
          Fitted: 265/70R17 Kanati Mud Hogs. Ultimate Suspension HD Front EHD + bags rear. MM Towbar. OL Bullbar. SPV EGR Mod. Bushskinz Bash Plates x4. Roleys Rear Bar Protector. Icom IC-400Pro. Rhino Pioneer Tradie Rack. CTEK CTD250S w/ Dual Bats. Airtec Snorkel. Scangauge II. Blackvue Dash Cam. TC mod. Autosafe Half Barrier. Masten TPMS. Drifta Custom Drawers w/ Mounted Compressor. 47L ARB Fridge. Domin8rX Winch. Towing an MDC stepthrough.

Comment

• Neville Bartos
            • Aug 2012
            • Melbourne

Here's an eBay listing for a 3.5 NM showing six hoses, so I reckon Pauly is on the money as usual.
            '95 NJ GLS 3.5DOHC, Digitech DC1120 uhf, nudge bar & towbar. 40mm lift. Tows Skicraft Sprint w/302 Windsor....
            NEEDS: A/T's and roof racks

Comment

• TC.Barky
              Valued Member
              • Oct 2011
              • Melbourne

Originally posted by Neville Bartos View Post
              Here's an eBay listing for a 3.5 NM showing six hoses, so I reckon Pauly is on the money as usual.
              http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/MITSUBISH...ht_2041wt_1208
              Is he ever not?

What's the general consensus, worth finding out about and replacing the other small hoses? Or just the 6 main ones?

Comment

• Pauly Faulkner
                Valued Member
                • Feb 2012
                • Maitland, NSW

Thanks fellas

The main ones are the six mains, they handle a lot of hot coolant traffic and as a result they perish relatively quickly(within a few years), i've heard of hoses staying good for well over 5yrs but the owners run the risk of being stranded or even worse, cooking the motor hahaha. Did my mates dads D21 Navara coolant flush and change the other day and he said he's never replaced the coolant or any hoses...he's had it for 7yrs
                I'd just worry about the main ones, as they will drop alot of coolant if they were to ever split etc.
                97' NK 3ltr GLX LWB Manual | 3" lift | Wildcat headers | K&N air filter | 2.8 crawl gears | 4Terrain clutch | 2.25" exhaust | Factory locker rear | TJM 10,000lb winch | TJM snorkel
                97' NL GLS LWB Auto | 6G75 3.8ltr | Redback Headers

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                Working...
                X