X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Greg
    • Oct 2007
    • Melbourne

Pretty sure mines not an import, its a LWB NG '89 model and its got drums rear.
    1989 NG Turbo Diesel, ARB Bullbar, IPF 900XS Lights, 31" Cooper S/T or 33" Simex Centipedes , 2" lift front and 3" back

Comment

• robbi
      • Oct 2007
      • hervey bay ,qld.

hi greg , how you tell is that the mmc's (imports) have chrome bumpers , headlight washers , electric windows all the bells and whistles really !!!!! and also usually low km's
      98 intercooled turbo diesel , 4X hella spotties , alinco dr 635t uhf radio , roof mounted dvd , wish list is long ... 1st up its going to be new 16x7-,, STAMPEDE WHEELS CSA with some BF goodrich thongs ,

Comment

• Greg
        • Oct 2007
        • Melbourne

Mines definitely not an import then...
        1989 NG Turbo Diesel, ARB Bullbar, IPF 900XS Lights, 31" Cooper S/T or 33" Simex Centipedes , 2" lift front and 3" back

Comment

• Macneil
          • Feb 2008
          • Boronia, Vic

mine says ntx.. on the vin that is 4 wheeldisc non intercooled..

Comment

• jason_candi
            • Sep 2007
            • Brisbane

Originally posted by robbi View Post
            Macneil just check the engine no. ive included a photo of it mine being a 4d56 its located at the rear of the engine above the starter motor also the engine itself 2.5 ltr intercooled turbo diesel ( mine is an 12/88 model NF import )
            Hey Robbi, just saw the pic you uploaded for the engine number inquiry. Is that a dual battery system you've got set up ? I have an 89 SWB import tdi and trying to find some info on getting a decent size battery in the engine compartment. If you do have dual batteries, please tell me about your setup and if possible a couple more pics, I'd really appreciate it.
            Cheers
            JT
            1989 SWB NG Turbo Diesel , Pedders Trakryder Suspension, Custom Roof Cage and Rocket Launcher

Comment

• ziggy
              • Feb 2008

Hi Robbi,

Bruce here, we were emailing back when I got mine.

Can anybody who has a 2.5 intercooled model , could you take a picture of how the intercooler mounts to the firewall and the front?

I have got the complete kit from a Aussie model(Minus the EGR Yay!) but dont see how to mount the cooler

Thanks

bruce

Comment

• robbi
                • Oct 2007
                • hervey bay ,qld.

yeah hi bruce , well it may be more difficult as mine is bolted to the firewall anyways here are some pix for you

98 intercooled turbo diesel , 4X hella spotties , alinco dr 635t uhf radio , roof mounted dvd , wish list is long ... 1st up its going to be new 16x7-,, STAMPEDE WHEELS CSA with some BF goodrich thongs ,

Comment

• ziggy
                  • Feb 2008

Thanks Robbi, nice detailing you've done there. So on the later models the firewall actually has some brackets attached eh.

Thanks

Bruce

Comment

• robbi
                    • Oct 2007
                    • hervey bay ,qld.

yeah im thinking as mine is an 12/88 mmc (jap import) and ive never yet seen an australian 88 intercooled TD ,, though if anyone has got/seen one id be more than interested to have a look , japan is around 3 yrs ahead when it comes to pajero's as alot of 91 aussie model parts fit mine ie: rear disc pads etc.

Comment

• ziggy
                      • Feb 2008

Quite a few shorties around in Brissie about that age with ics , but probably imports. They do look rather sweet.

Yeah I scored both manifolds , turbo and ic and pipes from a aussie model, probably a gen 2 , but the turbo is the same as on my gen1 86, however the manifolds are different cause the inlet is from the top not the side like my non ic , and there is no egr pipes on either the inlet or exhaust.

I really must work it out before summer, as I have qite a bit of soot around the turbo area, and i think im loosing boost from some of those gaskets

Comment

• robbi
                        • Oct 2007
                        • hervey bay ,qld.

hi again bruce , i will be arriving in brissy 2morro(monday) and staying at the windsor int. motel on lutwyche rd windsor , if ya wanna come around and check out my mmc pajero and how the intercooler is mounted then my no. is 0404125747 and i will be leaving brissy early wed morning cheers robbi and as you can see in the photos , ive shut off the inlet egr and also the exhaust egr

Comment

• ziggy
                          • Feb 2008

Thanks for the offer Robbi, but im out Ipswich way, and would be very dark by the time I got to Chermside, and this rain !!! Will make Chermside a not very nice place to drive around traffic wise.

Cheers

bruce

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X