• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Alex86
    Valued Member
    • Jul 2007
    • Here and there

Karratha Boating (inc Paj)

Just a few pics from the last couple of boat and fishing trips up here in K-town.

I've included a photo with Paj in it just to keep it relevant

Tied up at West Lewis Island for lunch and a swim.
    Backflips off the side are the best way to get into the water!

First catch coming over the side; one of my mate's missus scored this Rankin Cod

My first catch on the boat. Not 100% sure what it is, but my web searching seems to point in the direction of a Needlescaled/Needleskin Queenfish - and I've just learnt the spines on its back are venomous!

Been able to cruise with 4 of us on the boat (we are not small either, all 80kg+, and gear) at 25kts with a few hundred revs to spare. Quite happy with that! Handles fairly well i think, gets a bit of sideways tilt when people move about and the balance is fairly important at times. By far not a dry boat when copping a bit of swell and with some wind but that's half the fun!!!
    At this stage I reckon I could get almost 40 nautical miles off my 60L tank, but still yet to work out what its chewing - being very conservative at the moment! Early calculations are about 1.5ltrs per nautical mile. In car talk, thats about 80l/100km ! But I sure as hell aint complaining when its just so much fun!!!!
    When we were trolling for what may have been tuna or mackies launching out of the water, had a dolphin or two swimming along with the boat. Unfortunately I missed getting a photo, it was awesome!
    Looking forward to one day taking it further offshore and getting some bigger fish. Havn't had it out in much more than about 12 or 13kts of wind, but ill slowly build it up. It just wont be that much fun rolling around in the chop in much more than 15kts. Still keen on overnight trips somewhere....... its magic around the islands!

Paj N Boat

The really scary thing is, I've already started planning for the next boat!!! Im bitten, that's for sure.....
    Last edited by Alex86; 17-10-11, 11:49 PM.
    '99 NL Escape, Manual - Bullbar, roofrack, cargo barrier, D697LT, Tough Dogs, dual batts, rear draws, Narva 225 HID, UHF, led bar etc
    Towing: 4.8m Savage Centurion half-cab w/75hp Mariner

'99 NL GLS SWB, Auto - Bullbar, D697LT, spotties, UHF, Koni adjustables & King springs.

Wanted: Adventure.
  • Alex86
    Valued Member
    • Jul 2007
    • Here and there

Yesterday's trip to the northen beach on Malus Island.

Less than 10kts of wind all day, flat as a tack.
    Actual white sandy beach and the clearest of clear water.

Absolute magic!

Life is goooood
    '99 NL Escape, Manual - Bullbar, roofrack, cargo barrier, D697LT, Tough Dogs, dual batts, rear draws, Narva 225 HID, UHF, led bar etc

'99 NL GLS SWB, Auto - Bullbar, D697LT, spotties, UHF, Koni adjustables & King springs.

Comment

• sharkcaver
      "2000"+ Valued Contributor
      • May 2009
      • Perth

Very nice there Alex. Hope the fish have been biting for you. I have a weeks annual leave, was hoping to get some crays but I got dealt this card
      Attached Files
      MY16 NX GLX5 with just a few bits added. MY14 D-max spacecab, also with a few bits added.

My Journeys

Comment

• Alex86
        Valued Member
        • Jul 2007
        • Here and there

Fri/Sat might be ok.....

Comment

• shane84
          • Dec 2011
          • Central Coast, NSW

very nice boat and pajero, the area in the pics looks absolutely AMAZING.

may the fish continue to bite and hope u have many fun trips
          2005 NP Platinum Pajero, 3.8L petrol, 5sp auto - Electronic Rust Protection

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
          Working...
          X