• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bing
    Valued Member
    • Sep 2009
    • Currently QLD

Camp and Holiday Park Reviews

I was wondering whether it would be a good idea to have a Forum Section just reviewing and updating peoples latest experiences with Campgrounds and Holiday Parks.

People could cover things like facilities and site conditions. Obviously some places slide downhill and others get revamped letting the forum members warn or recommend would be great. I know you have trekking around as a Sub section but it isn't quite the same.
    2010 Platinum LE. Cool Silver, Auto, DiD, MM Rear Difflock. HD MM Tow bar and Lift Kit. Buzz Racks.

• Pickle
    Administrator
    • Jun 2007
    • All over Oz

Sounds feasable Bing but just might need a bit more than one to ask. Get a few more to put there two bobs worth in and we will have a good look at it.
    Dave
    NX Pampas Cat GLS MY16
    Member 1228 Pajero Club

Comment

• Herman4x4
      Valued Member
      • Oct 2009
      • Melton, Victoria

I think this is a good idea. I am wanting to know of some good places to go.
      Regards,
      Andrew.
      Cheers,
      Andrew.

2008 NS Diesel Auto - stock as a rock. Planning Tow bar, dual battery system, cargo barrier, bullbar, winch, lights, roof rack and suspension.
      Jayco Starcraft 17.58-3.

Comment

• Ian Johnston
        Valued Member
        • Feb 2010
        • Mount Gambier, SA

I will make up another number Very good idea.
        2015 Subaru Forester 2.5 petrol CVT. (Missus car)
        Just got an NS DID manual (my car) SOLD.
        2014 Subaru Outback diesel, CVT. Mine

Comment

• morton58
          • May 2008

Ditto, What a great idea.
          06 NP Exceed DID, Bridgestone Dueler 697 AT LT265/65/17s', ARB Dual Battery Tray - 75 AH First Start AGM 2nd battery, Redarc Isolator,TJM Airtec Snorkel, Mits Nudge bar, Roo Lites, Mits Roof Racks, RoofRackWorld Explorer Steel Mesh Roof Tray,Bushskinz Intercooler/Sump Guards, Icom IC-440 UHF, 47 Litre ARB Fridge, Anderson Plug at rear. Lovell's 2" raised HD Springs, KYB Skorched 4s' Shocks, Firestone Airbags .

Comment

• Bing
            Valued Member
            • Sep 2009
            • Currently QLD

Just as an indicator as to why I suggested it...

I camped at Flanagan's reserve at Mount Barney SE QLD, this long weekend just gone (yes bloody cold). Now there is very little info on the net and what is there seems to be quite out of date.

For instance on the Net it said firewood was available at $4 a Barrow load. It was now $10 and of quick burning and poor quality (places along the access roads offering firewood at $70-80 CM). If I had of known this in advance. I would have taken some good stuff down in my trailer. The prices we found had changed also (nothing to worry about) and that got me thinking about how things obviously change and how good it would be to have some Campsite feedback.

I was told that full capacity was 1000+/- but there was only 1 shower and one sit down toilet per sex and a disabled shower and toilet in one, Plus there was 4 portaloos. Now we were pretty lucky that there was probably about 400+ people there. Dish Wash up facilities were pretty basic and cold water only. Showers were 20c minute and fluctuating temps when under heavy use. The coin slots were outside the stall so you kinda had to be naked or waste one of your minutes getting undressed, or have a friend loading coins on demand. All staff were friendly and polite.

I would say great place, but Very dusty on a lot of sites, no defined site boundaries (good) ground quite hard for tent pegs. No powered sites. Wood Fires, Barrow load $10. Can take dogs but no leash free area. Take a Shower tent. Kiosk with papers and treats. Recommend: Stop in if you can. I will go back. Just don't expect a lot in the way of facilities avoid in peek time if you are like me and hates queues.

Hopefully anyone reading my experience will be better informed of what to expect.

Maybe if people put the camp name and location in Thread heading as a convention, it would make it easier for peeps to add or update.

Last edited by Bing; 16-06-10, 12:05 PM. Reason: cos i was too dumb to get it right first time.
            2010 Platinum LE. Cool Silver, Auto, DiD, MM Rear Difflock. HD MM Tow bar and Lift Kit. Buzz Racks.

Comment

• 4wd26
              Valued Member
              • Jun 2007
              • Bayside, Brisbane & Stradie

This is a review site for caravan parks- some of the content is old.

Sounds like a great idea, just hard to keep current?

Some people on the newtriton forum went to Leveka park over the weekend and found neighbours that parked right next to them, so moved on to Flanagans (having camped there earlier this year) and found it full.

I don't think there were many places that weren't on capacity over the long weekend.

We were at Imbil (River Reach) with power very nice but crowded, canoeing on the Mary, would be very nice on a normal weekend. Went for a visit to the Deer farm (very crowded) and Borumba Dam, more space- but not sure of facilities.
              ML triton with some accessories
              National E Trek Libary
              Getting Out There

Comment

• peterdeg
                Valued Member
                • Jun 2007
                • NW Sydney

I'd prefer pointing people to a site that already hosts reviews.
                Personally, I've been submitting to http://www.4x4earth.com.au/campsites.html
                Peter
                2018 QE Pajero Sport Exceed.

4WD History: 2011 MN Triton GLX-R. 2004 NP GLS DiD. 2002 Freelander Td4. 1996 Subaru DL. Learnt in a 1980 Ford F100.

Comment

• Bing
                  Valued Member
                  • Sep 2009
                  • Currently QLD

Originally posted by 4wd26 View Post

Some people on the newtriton forum went to Leveka park over the weekend and found neighbours that parked right next to them, so moved on to Flanagans (having camped there earlier this year) and found it full.

I don't think there were many places that weren't on capacity over the long weekend.
                  There were two sites behind us and one beside us free Sat, Sun and Mon???? maybe it was the 9 kids we had with us that kept them all away.

Comment

• SimmoT
                    • Jun 2009
                    • Wyndham, WA

I reckon its a great idea. Having spent nearly all my holidays as a kid camping, its now my turn to take my kids camping - there's reasonable resources for all the major places to stay, but I reckon people updating on some of the smaller joints/patches of land to help each other out would be good.

And a little thing from my point of view is that I spend enough time reading on this forum - if I can keep myself from getting addicted to other forums, then all the better

Cheers

Simmo
                    2010 NT RX DiD Manual, Cooper ST-Maxx 265/70/R17LT, Tow Bar, TJM T13 Steel Bar, Airtec Snorkel, X-Ray Spotties, HD Kings, RAW Shocks, ARB Alloy Roof Rack, Outback Rear Drawers, Icom IC-440 UHF, TJM DBS Dual Battery System, 60L LRA Aux Tank, BushSkinz Bashplates and Sliders, Polyairs, 2.5m TJM Awning, OX 9500lb Winch.

Comment

• Pickle
                      Administrator
                      • Jun 2007
                      • All over Oz

Originally posted by Bing View Post
                      I was wondering whether it would be a good idea to have a Forum Section just reviewing and updating peoples latest experiences with Campgrounds and Holiday Parks.

People could cover things like facilities and site conditions. Obviously some places slide downhill and others get revamped letting the forum members warn or recommend would be great. I know you have trekking around as a Sub section but it isn't quite the same.
                      Done!
                      Dave
                      NX Pampas Cat GLS MY16
                      Member 1228 Pajero Club

Comment

• Doorstop
                        • Apr 2010

We, the Wattle Rangers 4wd club from Beachport, camped at the Casuarina camp ground in Wyperfeld Natinal Park over the long weekend. The sites were quite exposed but the weather gods were generous. The Toilets were parks long drops but were clean. The sites were neat and tidy, plenty of firewood and even though there were quite a few other groups camping, it was pretty quiet. We will be returning to Casuarina and using it as a base camp.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X