• Jordan

fire extinguisher

Any idea where and how to mount fire extinguisher. In NX

Sent from my BLA-L29 using Tapatalk
  • Pwoffey
    Valued Member
    • Jul 2013
    • Adelaide

I mounted mine low-down at the front of the passenger seat. You can easily make up a bracket yourself but I was lazy and used the one by KAP Industries: https://kap.industries/product/fire-...ubishi-pajero/

There's also a helpful video on this web page to show how to do the mounting (whether you use KAP's or your own bracket.)
    The size of extinguisher you can mount here is rather limited. I also have a larger one in my rear drawers. Hopefully I won't ever have to use either.
    BY13/MY14 Pajero NW GLX Auto, Cooper ST Maxx, factory towbar, Drifta drawers, SmartBar, Airtec snorkel, Koni Raid 90 front, Dobinson IMLrear shocks with Kings 34-HD springs front, 35-EHD rear, Brown Davis i/c, sump and transmission bash plates, Piranha diff breathers, Fuel Manager pre-filter, LRA 81L auxiliary fuel tank, Piranha steel battery tray, Sherpa 9500 lb winch, HPD catch can, LockUp Mate, Harrop front e-locker, DBA T3 rotors and Xtreme pads, Mark's 4WD reduction gears

Comment

• _jp_
      Valued Member
      • Dec 2013
      • Adelaide Hills, SA

I also got a KAP Industries bracket. Great bit of kit.
      NW GLXR - SOLD
      --------------
      EVO 6 TME

Comment

• talrusan
        • Oct 2019
        • Jordan

Originally posted by Pwoffey View Post
        I mounted mine low-down at the front of the passenger seat. You can easily make up a bracket yourself but I was lazy and used the one by KAP Industries: https://kap.industries/product/fire-...ubishi-pajero/

There's also a helpful video on this web page to show how to do the mounting (whether you use KAP's or your own bracket.)
        The size of extinguisher you can mount here is rather limited. I also have a larger one in my rear drawers. Hopefully I won't ever have to use either.
        Thanks you very much, I think i will do it my self. I hope no ever have to use it.

Sent from my BLA-L29 using Tapatalk

Comment

• slowcoach
          • Apr 2014
          • SA but travelling around Oz

Ours is in the rear door storage compartment with safety triangle etc.
          TJM snorkel, Smartbar, Firestone air bags, SPV mod, Thumper Redback Extreme agm, Donaldson fuel filter, Bridgestone LT 697 AT, McHitch tow hitch 3.5t, Redarc 2550 bc-dc.

Comment

• MSF
            Valued Member
            • Jul 2009
            • Sydney, Northern Beaches

Regardless of where you mount it - if it is a dry powder type unit, remember to remove it and give it a bit of a shake / invert it etc every 6 mths to make sure it doesn't settle in one position and become less effective.

Comment

• Mike DiD
              Valued Member
              • Jun 2007

Originally posted by MSF View Post
              Regardless of where you mount it - if it is a dry powder type unit, remember to remove it and give it a bit of a shake / invert it etc every 6 mths to make sure it doesn't settle in one position and become less effective.
              As long as it's mounted horizontally, the powder can move with each car movement, and so avoid compaction.

In vertically mounted extinguishers, the powder is deep and not very wide, so it just compacts with each bump.
              Mike R. Sydney. Pajero GLS NX Silver Jan15. DiD Auto. STILL grossly disappointed with the errors in Speed Limits on major roads in my TomTom.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
              Working...
              X