• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Paulybabe
    • Mar 2016
    • Adelaide

Creaking sound

Took the NX in for it 12 month service as I mentioned in another post regarding the transmission.
    Well they forgot the service sticker and didn't reset the service reminder on the dash.
    They lowered my Bridgestone tyres down from what Bridgestone told me to run them at.
    Finally, now there is a creaking sound coming from underneath the car. Happens when you brake but i think it suspension.
    Well i called them, they said "oh thats really slack not fitting the sticker"
    So I took it back Friday at 12.00.
    They weren't happy because they were knocking off but hey. Stuffem.
    Sheesh for the $450 they are charging you would think they could get it right.
    The creak stopped when I got there, of course!
    This morning it's back.
    Don't you just love car servicing.
    Wont be back to Agistino thats for sure.
    Mrs: MY16 Pajero NX GLS DiD Auto (white), Boos bash plates, MM steel bull bar, rock sliders, catch can, D697 A/T, Redarc towpro, Airbag Man Heavy duty bags.
    Me: 2015 Mercedes Vito 113 SWB
  • andy_q
    • Jun 2014
    • Sydney

Creaking sound

My nt had a creak that was the front sway bar rubber clamping bracket loose. Two easily accessible bolts under the front of the car near the bottom of the radiator each side.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by andy_q; 24-12-16, 01:51 PM.

Comment

• Paulybabe
      • Mar 2016
      • Adelaide

Hi, do you think they may have fiddled with that while servicing it?
      Mrs: MY16 Pajero NX GLS DiD Auto (white), Boos bash plates, MM steel bull bar, rock sliders, catch can, D697 A/T, Redarc towpro, Airbag Man Heavy duty bags.

Comment

• old Jack
        Regular
        • Jun 2011
        • Adelaide, South Australia.

Agostino"s had a really good rep but a new Service Manager and things are not the same at Nailsworth, I have had 1 service and 1 warranty job done in the last 6 months and will not use them again if I can help it. Looking for a new dealer Service Department now.

OJ.
        2011 PB Base White Auto, Smartbar, Cooper STMaxx LT235/85R-16,TPMS, HR TB, 3 x Bushskinz, front +40mm Dobinson , rear +50mm EHDVR Lovells, Dobinson MT struts and shockers, Peddars 5899 cone springs, Windcheater rack, GME UHF, Custom alloy drawer system inc. 30lt Engel & 2 x 30 AH LiFePo batteries + elec controls, Tailgate hi-lift/long struts, Phillips +100 LB & HB, Lightforce 20" single row driving beam LED lightbar, Scanguage II.
        MM4x4 Auto Mate, Serial No 1 .

Comment

• spot01
          Valued Member
          • Apr 2011
          • Adelaide

See if you can find a way make it creak, as it will then be much easier to locate, eg, try driving slowly over various undulations (speed humps, drains, kerbs, etc.)

It can be difficult to tell where noises like these are coming from - try getting someone else to drive the car whilst you sit in various other seats (front & back) listening for it.

All my Gen 4's have creaked in the rear door area when going through gutters, drains, kerbs, etc. at an angle, not always from new, but it usually starts within the first year.
          Pajero NX MY21 GLS

Comment

• Paulybabe
            • Mar 2016
            • Adelaide

Doesn't matter if you are reversing or going forward out of the driveway you can this "boat like" creak sound coming from underneath.
            Pretty sure its not the brakes but it seem near the transmission.
            I have bounced on the bull bar but can't hear anything.
            The thing that gives me the pip is I bought the car there and decide to drive out the other side of town to get it service there.
            Won't be back thats for sure.
            Give Portside Mitsubishi a go next time.

Comment

• m_and_m
              Valued Member
              • Mar 2010
              • Tea Tree Gully, Adelaide

Try tightening your bash plates. They're removed for the service.
              Same happpens to me freqently. After service or after a hard 4x4 trip.
              2016 NX Exceed 3.2 DiD, BullBar | 2" OME lift | Safari snorkel | UHF | Towbar | Tow pro elite ECB | Full Bushskinz UBP and side steps | HID highbeam upgrade | 9" LED spots | 100Ahr Aux. Battery | HPD Oil catch can | Flappy Paddles | auto-matePRO
              2016 LC200 Sahara V8 Diesel,Lots of Mods too
              Checkout our products at MM4x4 http://www.mm4x4.com.au auto-mate and lockup-mate for Mitsubishi's and Toyota's

Comment

• Paulybabe
                • Mar 2016
                • Adelaide

Originally posted by m_and_m View Post
                Try tightening your bash plates. They're removed for the service.
                Same happpens to me freqently. After service or after a hard 4x4 trip.
                Went out and loosed the centre bolts on the bash plates and heard a little version of the "creak".
                Loosen all the bolts off, sprayed a little CRC on the exposed threads and then nipped them back up.
                Problem solved.
                Thank you very much.
                Merry Christmas.

Comment

• Ian H
                  Valued Member
                  • May 2015
                  • Melbourne

I've have exactly the same issue with a new creaking noise which at first I thought was the brakes and then later the springs or shocks but it doesn't happen over speed bumps etc so i discounted that idea. I'll check my bash plates but i did slide under there and they felt OK but will have another look. I had my 30K service recently and it's been doing it ever since.
                  2015 NX GLS, Factory alloy bar, Kings HD Springs & Koni Shocks with 50mm lift, MM Auto Mate, Paddle shift kit, dual batteries with Redarc DC/DC, LRA 58L tank, Safari snorkel, Boo's bash plates (full set), 17" steels with BFG KO2's, Drifta drawers with slide, TPMS, Uniden UH8080S, Alpine iLX-702D head unit.

Comment

• pajaj70
                    • Apr 2016
                    • Melbourne

Just had my 15 k service done and the same thing, creaking in the front end, might try and loosen off bashplates and spray some wd 40.
                    NX 2016 GLX , Boos bash plates, catch can and flashlube primary filter.

Comment

• andy_q
                      • Jun 2014
                      • Sydney

Originally posted by Paulybabe View Post
                      Hi, do you think they may have fiddled with that while servicing it?

Probably not so check bash plates as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Jan 2016
                        • adelaide

Hve the same noise!
                        Will check bash plate as suggested.
                        It happens at low speed,forward or reverse,sometimes when tight turn,maybe it's too windy to hear the nkise at high speed,but definitely when cold,and just rolling,dealer assured me its not brakes and its safe to drive

Comment

• hinsch
                          Valued Member
                          • Jan 2010
                          • Perth

I got some rubber tap washers and put them on the bolts securing the bash plates to the frame, one lot between the pajero frame and another lot between the bash plates, a bit of a pain to put together but a cheap easy fix.
                          If they are tight fit onto the bolt they normally stay with the bolts when removing the plates.
                          NX 2016 GLS, Graphite, Nudge Bar, Pirelli Scorpion Plus.

Comment

• pajaj70
                            • Apr 2016
                            • Melbourne

I have undone all bash plate bolts about 3-4 turns and sprayed some wd 40 on the threads and between intercooler and sump plate where they overlap. Re-tightened lightly around each corner before nipping up. Went for a drive and seems to be good so far. This must have something to do with removal during service and then re- installing while on hoist, when car is lowered weight may some how put a different tension causing the creaking noise.
                            NX 2016 GLX , Boos bash plates, catch can and flashlube primary filter.

Comment

• Ian H
                              Valued Member
                              • May 2015
                              • Melbourne

Very plausible reason and I suspect you are on the money. I'll redo mine when I get the chance and report back
                              2015 NX GLS, Factory alloy bar, Kings HD Springs & Koni Shocks with 50mm lift, MM Auto Mate, Paddle shift kit, dual batteries with Redarc DC/DC, LRA 58L tank, Safari snorkel, Boo's bash plates (full set), 17" steels with BFG KO2's, Drifta drawers with slide, TPMS, Uniden UH8080S, Alpine iLX-702D head unit.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X