• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pharb
    Valued Member
    • Jul 2007
    • Tyers,Vic

NX vs NW ARB bullbar

Just picked up an NX GLX5 with Smart bar.

Looking to replace it with ARB Deluxe bar. The Deluxe bar changed for the NX and now appears very similar to the new Summit bar, but with the Deluxe bar type uprights.

Similarities include the foglights which no longer use the round lights of the Deluxe bar. They are now slightly oval shaped.

No big issue except that these lights [/URL]https://www.stedi.com.au/arb-led-fog-light-replacement-kit.html[/URL]will only fit the older (NW) Deluxe bar, not the NX, or Summit bar.

ARB tell me they had to do "...a major redesign of the bar to suit the NX.....", as such they say the NW bar won't fit the NX.
    I suspect that the only differences between the bars is the provisions for accomodating DRLS and fogs fitted to all models, except the rare GLX5 that I have.

So....does anyone know if the NW bar will bolt up to an NX to allow me to fit the Stedi lights?
    PCOV Member 1107.
    Daily driver NX GLX
    Semi retired NL GLS 3.5 (no airbags) in almost prestine condition to replace NJ.
    Virtually fully retired NJ 2.8TD
    Previously - NB LWB, NA SWB.
  • psproule
    Valued Member
    • Jun 2007
    • Googong, NSW

Cant answer your Q but do you want to sell me the SmartBar when it comes off (depending on condition and colour)? PM Me if interested.

Thanks - Pat
    2016 Mitsubishi NX Pajero GLX
    2011 Landrover Freelander II SD4

Comment

• pharb
      Valued Member
      • Jul 2007
      • Tyers,Vic

Originally posted by psproule View Post
      Cant answer your Q but do you want to sell me the SmartBar when it comes off (depending on condition and colour)? PM Me if interested.

Thanks - Pat
      Yes. Will be looking to move on. I might even know a bloke who could possibly drop it somewhere near you, dependant on timing.

Still have to organise another bar yet.

I think ARB email query people might be getting sick of me. I have asked in numerous forms of wording why the pre NX bars won't fit NX, but the only response is it "won't fit". Poor salesman possibly doesn't know why
      PCOV Member 1107.
      Daily driver NX GLX
      Semi retired NL GLS 3.5 (no airbags) in almost prestine condition to replace NJ.

Comment

• Scouter1
        Valued Member
        • Mar 2013
        • Sydney NSW

Originally posted by psproule View Post

Thanks - Pat
        Pat,

PM sent.

Cheers,
        Stephen
        2011 Silver NT GLS DiD Auto with extra bits - build thread http://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/...ad.php?t=36099

Comment

• pauld
          Valued Member
          • Apr 2010
          • Melbourne

Definitely mounting differences, mine has 1st ARB bar on an NX, I looked at all the options at the time. Personally I'd be sticking with the Smart Bar, had one on the NP, loved it. Smart Bar wasn't available for NX when I needed it.
          2015 NX, ARB Bullbar, Bilstein / Lovells HD Front and Kings SP Rear, Polyairs, 17" NP Exceed wheels, D697 LT265/65/17, STEDI Cree 24" 120Watt light bar, Tracklander 2100 Roof Cage, Bushskinz side steps and bash plates, 200AH of Batts under rear floor via Redarc 40 Amp, cargo barrier with custom rear shelf up high, TC mod, EGR mod, catch can, iPhone4 with OBD app, USB ports in all 3 rows, custom storage in rear passenger guard.

Comment

• pharb
            Valued Member
            • Jul 2007
            • Tyers,Vic

Originally posted by pauld View Post
            Definitely mounting differences, mine has 1st ARB bar on an NX, I looked at all the options at the time. Personally I'd be sticking with the Smart Bar, had one on the NP, loved it. Smart Bar wasn't available for NX when I needed it.
            Spoke to Adam at Smart Bar yesterday. My Nx is fitted with "NS, NT bar". He said they are all interchangable, except bar to suit Nx has facilities for DRLs and headlight washers. Earlier models don't.
            My Nx hasn't got Drls or Hids so assume that is why it was fitted with earlier bar.

One issue I have with the SB is you can't see the cable going back onto the winch drum, unless you stick your face right in front of the fairlead and use a torch.

I'm hoping that the Arb is better. Either some visibility from above, or at least some natural light from above.
            PCOV Member 1107.
            Daily driver NX GLX

Comment

• KiwiNTPajero
              Valued Member
              • Aug 2014
              • Wellington,New Zealand

Originally posted by pharb View Post
              Spoke to Adam at Smart Bar yesterday. My Nx is fitted with "NS, NT bar". He said they are all interchangable, except bar to suit Nx has facilities for DRLs and headlight washers. Earlier models don't.
              My Nx hasn't got Drls or Hids so assume that is why it was fitted with earlier bar.

One issue I have with the SB is you can't see the cable going back onto the winch drum, unless you stick your face right in front of the fairlead and use a torch.

I'm hoping that the Arb is better. Either some visibility from above, or at least some natural light from above.
              just a thought,rig up a lamp that operates when the winch does?
              2009 NT GLS(NZ) diesel LWB auto
              BFG AT,Rhino Rack Vortex Bars,Foxwing Eco Awning,BUSHSKINZ I/C, sump guards and steps

"do not check the button for faster communication, this will throw a wobbly with some dongles"

Comment

• pauld
                Valued Member
                • Apr 2010
                • Melbourne

I was assured by multiple bar manufacturers there was mounting differences..... I didn't even know NXs existed without DRLs...
                In a conversation with Opposite Lock they initially said they didn't have DRLs and washers but I told them I didn't care about either, was going to proceed but they rang me and told me they had discussed with manufacturer and there was mounting differences also. the ECB and ARB both advised mounting differences also. Pretty sure I also spoke to Smart Bar.
                2015 NX, ARB Bullbar, Bilstein / Lovells HD Front and Kings SP Rear, Polyairs, 17" NP Exceed wheels, D697 LT265/65/17, STEDI Cree 24" 120Watt light bar, Tracklander 2100 Roof Cage, Bushskinz side steps and bash plates, 200AH of Batts under rear floor via Redarc 40 Amp, cargo barrier with custom rear shelf up high, TC mod, EGR mod, catch can, iPhone4 with OBD app, USB ports in all 3 rows, custom storage in rear passenger guard.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                Working...
                X