X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dr Rudi
    • Dec 2017
    • Mount Barker SA

Thanks Ian, I’m a bit of a neat freak and like the look of it with wings but I think I agree that in my case it’s more about making uninstall easy and in a practical sense maybe better use of space without them anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• diro
      • Jun 2018
      • Melbourne

Originally posted by Dr Rudi View Post
      Hey Diro, I am planning to install in my NS Exceed (Has the Rockford Sub) - I want to be able to remove the Titan system when not camping - Do you think the wings are worthwhile, as in easy enough to un-install and are there storage advantages in having the wings? Hope that makes sense! My plan is to install with the 7th seat staying underneath too.
      Hey Rudi they are great so far. The wings just make the whole thing look a whole lot more professional. Not much in terms of space under them though.. you could probably cram a few things under but mine are mostly for aesthetic reasons.

They are not too hard to install and uninstall. Mine are bolted straight into to the where the child restraint bolts were and then held up at the front by turnbuckles. To uninstall, you remove the drawers, unbolt the 2 bolts and then loosen the turnbuckles. I'd detach the wing kit as well because they are prone to scratching the sides so all up probably about a 15-20 minute job to remove the whole thing.

Comment

• mini696
        • Sep 2017
        • QLD

Originally posted by diro View Post
        Perfect - thanks for the reply.

Ended up installing in my NT and the sidewing kit worked with a few mods here and there. Turned out quite nice for about 20% of the price of the other drawer systems going around (picked up from Lilydale for $380 for the drawers and wing kit together).
        Which wing kit is that?

Comment

• Ian H
          Valued Member
          • May 2015
          • Melbourne

The wing kit is included with the drawers but I didn't use mine either. I can use the space better without the wings fitted.
          2015 NX GLS, Factory alloy bar, Kings HD Springs & Koni Shocks with 50mm lift, MM Auto Mate, Paddle shift kit, dual batteries with Redarc DC/DC, LRA 58L tank, Safari snorkel, Boo's bash plates (full set), 17" steels with BFG KO2's, Drifta drawers with slide, TPMS, Uniden UH8080S, Alpine iLX-702D head unit.

Comment

• Sweefu
            • Jun 2017
            • VIC

Originally posted by Tuba View Post
            The wings are simple. One of my brackets isnt square.

With these drawer sets check them thoroughly. I picked mine up and opened the box in their driveway, the first set were awful. Fridge slider was twisted and the trim had pulled the screws and was hanging, box completely undamaged so I doubt it was in transit. Im assuming I will redo the tops of mine in decent marine ply after seeing how easy the screws ripped free. Carpet wont match perfectly, but I think I should get close enough from one of the larger wholesalers that it wont bother me.
            Did you end up re-doing the carpet? I'm planning to do the same. Cheers

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
            Working...
            X