• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • glycerin
    • Sep 2010
    • Newcastle, NSW

Originally posted by Leroybrown238 View Post
    If I opted to go bigger tyres on the PS will the HR Tow Bar accept a bigger spare? Maybe a 275/65/R18? Will the MMA Tow Bar accept a bigger spare?
    I have 275/65R18 and the spare just fits behind the MMA Towbar, highly doubt it would fit behind the HR Towbar.

Lonnie
    2016 Pajero Sport GLS - Cooper STMaxx 275/65R18, The Ultimate Suspension 2" Lift, Polyairs

Comment

• Leroybrown238
      • Aug 2016
      • Melbourne

Originally posted by glycerin View Post
      I have 275/65R18 and the spare just fits behind the MMA Towbar, highly doubt it would fit behind the HR Towbar.

Lonnie
      Thanks Lonnie,

My car is on order so I might have to change to a MMA Tow Bar as I will want some tough all terrain tyres on it at some stage.

Leigh

Comment

• Jas2909
        • Feb 2016
        • Penrith NSW

nah it wont fit i assure u

Comment

• Leroybrown238
          • Aug 2016
          • Melbourne

Thanks guys. I swapped to the MMA tow bar.

Comment

• Jas2909
            • Feb 2016
            • Penrith NSW

Originally posted by Leroybrown238 View Post
            Thanks guys. I swapped to the MMA tow bar.
            Nooooooooo it is hideous, look at other brands that conceal but give room, the MMA bar is terrible

Comment

• SilverTrevally
              • Aug 2016
              • Melbourne

Originally posted by Jas2909 View Post
              Got it fitted finally, happy with the concealed bar but they over cut the bumper, as per template but way to big

I reckon you should get a Mitsubishi rear under protection cover from here:

Then cut it out yourself - sometimes u gotta do a good job ur self - the little dopey kid who did that crap job with your bumper cut-out needs a good old fashioned spanking over the ears - together with the dopey who sized the template

Comment

• old Jack
                Regular
                • Jun 2011
                • Adelaide, South Australia.

Agree the cutout is offset and too large however you will need about a 15mm gap as the towbar is mounted to the chassis and the rear under trim is mounted to the body, so there will be some movement between the two.

OJ.
                2011 PB Base White Auto, Smartbar, Cooper STMaxx LT235/85R-16,TPMS, HR TB, 3 x Bushskinz, front +40mm Dobinson , rear +50mm EHDVR Lovells, Dobinson MT struts and shockers, Peddars 5899 cone springs, Windcheater rack, GME UHF, Custom alloy drawer system inc. 30lt Engel & 2 x 30 AH LiFePo batteries + elec controls, Tailgate hi-lift/long struts, Phillips +100 LB & HB, Lightforce 20" single row driving beam LED lightbar, Scanguage II.
                MM4x4 Auto Mate, Serial No 1 .

Comment

• SilverTrevally
                  • Aug 2016
                  • Melbourne

Originally posted by old Jack View Post
                  Agree the cutout is offset and too large however you will need about a 15mm gap as the towbar is mounted to the chassis and the rear under trim is mounted to the body, so there will be some movement between the two.

OJ.
                  That's right! 15mm is what they did at the top, then they slanted the cut outwards - it's not even straight vertical.

When I go to Hayman Reese, I will take the lower bumper guard off and when they ask me where it is I'll say "that's alright mate, I'll cut it out myself thanks!!"

Comment

• Jas2909
                    • Feb 2016
                    • Penrith NSW

ok guys i know the cut is shit...time to move on.. happy with the bar, much better than the pathetic Mitsi one.

Comment

• old Jack
                      Regular
                      • Jun 2011

ok guys i know the cut is shit...time to move on.. happy with the bar, much better than the pathetic Mitsi one.
                      Hi Jas,

Mate my comments were not meant for you but more for if someone was going to fit the bar themselves and do the cutout, that there needed to be room for chassis flex.

After my recent dealings with HR, having a 5 year old tow bar replaced free of charge, I have nothing but praise for the company and their customer service. I suggest you politely email them a photo of the install and say great design bar but a little disappointed in the cut-out, and was told by the installer the template was incorrect. If they do not get customer feedback then they cannot improve their products or the service their installers provide. Who knows what their response will be, but worth a an email at least.

cheers, OJ.
                      2011 PB Base White Auto, Smartbar, Cooper STMaxx LT235/85R-16,TPMS, HR TB, 3 x Bushskinz, front +40mm Dobinson , rear +50mm EHDVR Lovells, Dobinson MT struts and shockers, Peddars 5899 cone springs, Windcheater rack, GME UHF, Custom alloy drawer system inc. 30lt Engel & 2 x 30 AH LiFePo batteries + elec controls, Tailgate hi-lift/long struts, Phillips +100 LB & HB, Lightforce 20" single row driving beam LED lightbar, Scanguage II.

Comment

• Jas2909
                        • Feb 2016
                        • Penrith NSW

no worries. Im actually waiting for HR to come back to me about this cut out, I cant stand looking at it but I fear I will have to just get over it.

Comment

• old Jack
                          Regular
                          • Jun 2011

no worries. Im actually waiting for HR to come back to me about this cut out, I cant stand looking at it but I fear I will have to just get over it.
                          Hopefully HR or the installer will replace the bottom under garnish and do the cut out correctly. It would annoy me immensely also and would have trouble accepting it. Lack of attention to detail spoils what could have been a great install.

OJ.

Comment

• ash Smith
                            • Jul 2016
                            • Tamworth

Having installed one recently, the HR instructions do say to make the cutout that size, however seeing some on here and FB i didn't cut mine as large.

Comment

• SilverTrevally
                              • Aug 2016
                              • Melbourne

Originally posted by ash Smith View Post
                              Having installed one recently, the HR instructions do say to make the cutout that size, however seeing some on here and FB i didn't cut mine as large.
                              Mate was hrs a DIY job? Didn't know HR sent out towbars for DIY? Did you have to drill any holes into the frame yourself?

Comment

• ash Smith
                                • Jul 2016
                                • Tamworth

Originally posted by SilverTrevally View Post
                                Mate was hrs a DIY job? Didn't know HR sent out towbars for DIY? Did you have to drill any holes into the frame yourself?
                                Brought from ARB however was going to have to wait over a month for fitting so decided to have a crack myself.. All bolted up to existing holes once the recovery and shipping points are removed. Required some slight panel beating for clearance to body though.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X