• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MrMaxi
    • Oct 2012
    • SE Melbourne

Mq gls

I've come over to the dark side the Pajero has moved on and now I'm the owner of a MQ GLS Triton manual

I'm keen to get some AT Tyres on it straight away just after opinions on sizes to fit standard 17 rims, on my NP I fitted General Grabbers AT2 but went for 265 75 16, this took the sting out of the car and I regretted it every time I needed to get off the lights quick
    NP 04 DiD GLS, Dual batteries, 2" lift, egr blank, 265 75 16 General Grabbers, nudge bar Narva 200 spotties, Double Din conversion.
  • MrMaxi
    • Oct 2012
    • SE Melbourne

Anyone ?
    NP 04 DiD GLS, Dual batteries, 2" lift, egr blank, 265 75 16 General Grabbers, nudge bar Narva 200 spotties, Double Din conversion.

Comment

• RG76
      • Feb 2013
      • Sydney

I've had my MQ GLS for 6 months now, I ditched the 245's for 265/65 17. I too wanted to keep some of the poke off the lights and under acceleration. I've found if you just pick your lines when off-road it makes up for the lack in tyre size.
      2015 MQ Triton GLS Manual, TJM XGS Suspension, TJM rear step/towbar, TJM Snorkel, Projecta Dual Battery, Bridgestone MT 674's...Eaton rear E-locker

Comment

• MrMaxi
        • Oct 2012
        • SE Melbourne

Thanks for the reply, did the Tyres you chose make any difference to daily drive ?

Comment

• RG76
          • Feb 2013
          • Sydney

I went with the Bridgestone muddies, so there was a difference in the drive but not so much the acceleration. Had I gone 265/70 17 then I'd reckon you start to notice some lag from acceleration, don't forget the factory tyres are 245's so by going 265's there's nearly an inch there.
          2015 MQ Triton GLS Manual, TJM XGS Suspension, TJM rear step/towbar, TJM Snorkel, Projecta Dual Battery, Bridgestone MT 674's...Eaton rear E-locker

Comment

• Merts
            Valued Member
            • Nov 2011
            • Bendigo Vic

I've currently got Cooper AT3s in 265/65r17LT on mine. They are 27mm larger diameter than the standard tyres, which works out 3.6% larger.

Performance/acceleration are fine (I didn't notice any difference compared to the factory tyres), but the ride is noticeably more harsh due to the tyres being LT rather than P rated.

I reckon the 265/75r17 is a good choice as they are a very common size, so easily available and often cheaper than other options around that general diameter.
            Merts
            Impulse Blue 2015 MQ Triton GLS Auto

ARB Summit front & rear bars and side steps, Carryboy canopy and rack, Safari Snorkel, VRS 9500 winch, Gecko 16x7 rims with BFG 245/75r16 KM3s, Uniden 8080s UHF, Darche 270 awning
            Dobinson heavy duty suspension, Harrop rear Elocker, Supertrim Neoprene Seat Covers, Drifta drawers, MSA drop slide, dual battery system and ARB onboard compressor. National Campers Hermit.

Previously a Gunmetal 2007 NS VRX DiD Auto

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
            Working...
            X