• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • redrock
    Valued Member
    • Oct 2012
    • victoria

factory lokker 91 will it fit 94 nj?

Hi guys ive come across a 91 paj being wrecked with an abs disc brake factory lokker car still comp pump etc still in car. My question is can I just change the diff center and what else do I need to rat off the car for it all to work. Is it reasonably straight forward ?
    2004 Np Exceed Lift kit, Arb Bullbar, Warn winch, UHF & HF Barrett radio, dual tanks, dual batteries Rhino Basket, Snorkel
  • Ian Sharpe
    Valued Member
    • Nov 2000
    • Tasmania

is the 91 an NH 3.ol , is your NJ a 3.ol , if yes , the whole rearend should slot in, you wont have the ABS though.

In fact you should just be able to swap the actual diff unit itself , but you need the left hand axle as its different to the standard non locked axle.

youll need the pump too of course
    NS shorty 3.8l petrol with winch, front/rear E-lockers
    NT shorty 3.2l tdi, pretty stock with rear locker

Comment

• Bogger
      Unregistered as asked
      • May 2011

Are both rear coil suspension ?

Comment

• redrock
        Valued Member
        • Oct 2012
        • victoria

Got the center, loom, pump, switch, lh axle, the same car also had suspension seats, and a tray for the second battery. It was one of those yards where you take the parts off yourself and all parts have a set price so I reckon im in front, put the center in this arvo, bloody the drum brake set up for the handbrake is killing me, its simple but doing my head in spent hours tryjng to get the clips on the pins that hold the liners in, I should of had it finished today easily but no these bloody pins, whats the trick?

2004 Np Exceed Lift kit, Arb Bullbar, Warn winch, UHF & HF Barrett radio, dual tanks, dual batteries Rhino Basket, Snorkel

Comment

• Pauly Faulkner
          Valued Member
          • Feb 2012
          • Maitland, NSW

Did the axle come dissasembled did it?

Both axles are different lengths to the lsd axles. One is shorter and one is longer on the factory locker setup. Pretty sure it's the left side axle is longer and standard axle will fit but just sheer the tip of the splines and the right hand just fits a standard axle as a replacement.
          97' NK 3ltr GLX LWB Manual | 3" lift | Wildcat headers | K&N air filter | 2.8 crawl gears | 4Terrain clutch | 2.25" exhaust | Factory locker rear | TJM 10,000lb winch | TJM snorkel
          97' NL GLS LWB Auto | 6G75 3.8ltr | Redback Headers

Comment

• Bogger
            Unregistered as asked
            • May 2011

I should of had it finished today easily but no these bloody pins, whats the trick?
            Do you have the tool ? About 30 secs to fit if you have ?
            As Pauly said compare check axle lengths and even look at contact area on spline as due to age of car someone may have even fitted incorrect axle at some point as axles alone are hard to come by.

Comment

• redrock
              Valued Member
              • Oct 2012
              • victoria

Yes I got the lh axle as well and they all line up fine, and no dont have the right tool, I have ground down one of my other tools its a bit awkward but it worked well on one see how I go today if I dont loose it lol.

Comment

• redrock
                Valued Member
                • Oct 2012
                • victoria

Need advice, got it all back together, went to put the pump in, and the sloenoid has a different plug to the loom in my car. Do I need another sloenoid? Or can I graft the other loom with the correct plug ?

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                Working...
                X