• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DaveXT
    • Mar 2010
    • Melbourne Outer East

Cooling System Service Campaign

I have booked my car in for a Warranty claim on Monday and was told there is a recall applicable to my model and they will need the car all day.
    Apparently the recall is for a full cooling system check.
  • CC2005
    • Sep 2011
    • Mornington Peninsula

Also detailed in these threads also.

Good luck with yours DaveXT

PB MY11 LS 4D56 - auto, with stuff.

Comment

• Turtleman
      • Aug 2012
      • Perth

What model year is yours Dave

Comment

• littleriver
        Valued Member
        • Jan 2013
        • Queensland

Originally posted by Turtleman View Post
        What model year is yours Dave

looks like he has a 2010 according to his profile
        2012 PB Challenger LS (Manual) Safari Snorkel, OZtec shocks front & rear with King Springs (lift 2 inch) , 22 inch light bar on ECB Nudge bar, roof racks & basket, Bridgestone Duelers 697 LT A/T (116S), Uniden Dash cam, Oricom 2 way radio 80 channel, Ipod connected via glove box usb, Waeco cf50, Garmin gps (with topo), Opticoat + paint protection, Nilrust proofing, Roosystems Ecu Remap

Comment

• MiteeWidge
          • Mar 2014
          • Townsville

MMA recall No. 020116.

We have an 10/11 model and just notified that Mitsubishi Motor Australia recall number 020116 is applicable to this model. Sounds like most will need to have this cooling system check carried out.
          2011 Challenger 30th Anniversary Manual , OEM nudge bar , GME 3100 UHF , seat spacers , OEM tow bar , Rydge Ryder Awning , Dueler 265/65/17's , Munji egr , Ultragauge , ABR Sidewinder Flyer dual battery box , TJM Gold 4000 suspension , Plazmaman Intercooler hoses , Stedi ST4K 28'' light bar , 2 Stedi 7'' Type X , Pedders 5899 cones , Provent 200 catch can .

Comment

• TC.Barky
            Valued Member
            • Oct 2011
            • Melbourne

Originally posted by MiteeWidge View Post
            We have an 10/11 model and just notified that Mitsubishi Motor Australia recall number 020116 is applicable to this model. Sounds like most will need to have this cooling system check carried out.
            Nothing listed on their recall page and nothing comes up in google with that number. Did you get a letter with it?
            MY14 NW GLX-R 3.2L Auto Build Thread
            Fitted: 265/70R17 Kanati Mud Hogs. Ultimate Suspension HD Front EHD + bags rear. MM Towbar. OL Bullbar. SPV EGR Mod. Bushskinz Bash Plates x4. Roleys Rear Bar Protector. Icom IC-400Pro. Rhino Pioneer Tradie Rack. CTEK CTD250S w/ Dual Bats. Airtec Snorkel. Scangauge II. Blackvue Dash Cam. TC mod. Autosafe Half Barrier. Masten TPMS. Drifta Custom Drawers w/ Mounted Compressor. 47L ARB Fridge. Domin8rX Winch. Towing an MDC stepthrough.

Comment

• Pauly Faulkner
              Valued Member
              • Feb 2012
              • Maitland, NSW

Seen a post on the POCUK facebook page the other day and they were talking about getting vin numbers checked for this recall. A few of them are getting it checked over.
              97' NK 3ltr GLX LWB Manual | 3" lift | Wildcat headers | K&N air filter | 2.8 crawl gears | 4Terrain clutch | 2.25" exhaust | Factory locker rear | TJM 10,000lb winch | TJM snorkel
              97' NL GLS LWB Auto | 6G75 3.8ltr | Redback Headers

Comment

• Toddyh
                Valued Member
                • Nov 2013
                • Lalor Park, NSW

I just got a text message about the recall No. 020116. Booked in with the dealer next week. Apparently they need to run a series of tests which take about 5 hours. Will suss out the details when I'm there.
                2010 PB LS- ARB Bull Bar, Runva 11XP winch, Cooper ST Maxx 265/70/17, Ultimate suspension lift, Bushskinz plates, Kaymar rear bar with single wheel carrier.

Comment

• littleriver
                  Valued Member
                  • Jan 2013
                  • Queensland

Just rang MM service department ... booked in for tomorrow for check up on cooling system .... darns it, thought mine would have missed the recall campaign :-( better safe then sorry (still have alot of big trips in the pipeline).

Build date July 2012
                  2012 PB Challenger LS (Manual) Safari Snorkel, OZtec shocks front & rear with King Springs (lift 2 inch) , 22 inch light bar on ECB Nudge bar, roof racks & basket, Bridgestone Duelers 697 LT A/T (116S), Uniden Dash cam, Oricom 2 way radio 80 channel, Ipod connected via glove box usb, Waeco cf50, Garmin gps (with topo), Opticoat + paint protection, Nilrust proofing, Roosystems Ecu Remap

Comment

• Turtleman
                    • Aug 2012
                    • Perth

I also just spoke to MMA customer contact line and confirmed mine is part of the recall bugger

8/10 built comply 3/11 MY11 model

They said letter in 2 weeks or so

Comment

• littleriver
                      Valued Member
                      • Jan 2013
                      • Queensland

suppose worst/best case scenario we score a new motor out of it

Like to add that our local Mitsubishi Service Department has maintained the vehicle
                      throughout it's life, and have gone out of their way with servicing and minor repairs.
                      It gives me confidence that I will be taking it to them for the campaign (just my 2 cents worth :-) )
                      Last edited by littleriver; 16-10-14, 02:30 PM.

Comment

• coughy
                        Valued Member
                        • May 2014
                        • Redlands Brisbane QLD

ok i just rang the local stealers and yes my PB is part of the recall so i will see this dreaded letter in the mail soon
                        so i am getting mine tested next week so lets see what they say.
                        now i just need to remove my mods ggggrrrrr

oh ps My challenger is a Build date of april 2010 and comp date may 2010
                        My10 PB XLS ,Opposite lock 3 hoop black bullbar ,HID XRAY200MM Spotlights ,Uniden UHF radio,EGR off,Rear cargo barrier,Turbo Replacment and only 45K,265/70 trail climbers, 26 psi boost and 3" full turbo back custom install exhaust ,hid 35 watt driving low beam,Custom day LED running lights,dual battery kit and wiring ,105amp hour battery , 50 AMP anderson plug front and back ,raised 2" Electric Brake controller.
                        New Custom Ultimate diesel tuning REMAP,custom rail limiter.

Comment

• littleriver
                          Valued Member
                          • Jan 2013
                          • Queensland

picked mine up yesterday ....
                          they said they changed the coolant from the original 30% mix to a 50% mix.
                          Radiator cap is replaced with higher kpa 120.
                          Ecu had and update also changing parameters for limp mode (to stop us from cooking the motor)
                          *** not sure if it was the upgrade or coincidence but the car is holding revs (manual) when changing into next gear and also when you take your foot of the accelerator it tends to keep going instead of slowing down using engine breaking (just for about 2 seconds) ***
                          took it back within 30 min of the job and the leed mechanic and I went for a drive - he said it's okays/normal nothing to worry about .... Service manager said they will investigate and try to get more info on the ECU upload and that the vehicle is probably still in learning mode as they also did a injector relearn.

Comment

• CC2005
                            • Sep 2011
                            • Mornington Peninsula

Originally posted by littleriver View Post
                            he said it's okays/normal nothing to worry about ....
                            This normal attitude shits me and is an insult, especially when they rectify half of these so called normal conditions later on. Nice if you had an accident as a result of it. It's Ok, accidents are normal anyway.

Maybe we all get together and press for an extended engine warranty? This is a major recall issue with possible further major implications on many fronts. It will be even far more ugly if a motor happens to fail later on when one's vehicle when it is out of warranty! Do you want the fight when it is, and it is the same fault issue?

I wonder if the current PC's have these current changes that they are implementing on the PB as standard, otherwise it appears it maybe be just a patch up!

Many years ago some of the VL Holden series of which were fitted with a Nissan straight six, had a cylinder head cracking issues and it wasn't just related to the turbo models. And at 100,000 + km Holden were fitting new cylinder heads in conjunction with a few other cooling system changes at no cost, even when the vehicle was out of its normal warranty period. But you had to be aware that it was a know major issue and voice it before they replaced it. Will Mitsubishi?

I'm under the belief that the President of the Pajero Club is a service manager at a large Victorian dealership. I hope that he relays out thoughts and concerns back to MMA.
                            PB MY11 LS 4D56 - auto, with stuff.

Comment

• robdavo
                              • Dec 2013
                              • Wantirna, Vic

CC2005
                              If you look at the other thread here, http://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/...ad.php?t=41961 then you will see that a recall IS on the way. Refer to my post #16 and you will note that I have been advised that my MY14 PC is to be checked out next month at the 15,000Km service. I was advised of this recall when I booked the service during the week, and also that a letter is to be posted out to all Challenger and Triton owners who may be affected.
                              MY14 PC Challenger Auto, Terra Rosa, Rear Storage Drawer and Fridge System, 120Ah Dual Battery, Traxide SC80 Isolator, H/Reece Hitch. Tekonsha Primus IQ Brake Controller, LED Running Lights, 80W LED Light Bar, Factory (PB) Nudge Bar. Thule Racks, GME TX3510 CB, Poly Airs, MN Triton 17" wheels. Tinted windows, deflectors and bonnet guard. Headlight protectors.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X