• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jemsquash
    • Jan 2010
    • Perth

and a few more pics...

It does show the awning a bit close to the car. I've adjusted it out a bit more and it seems OK.
    Attached Files
    07 NS GLX 3.2 DiD Auto - Bushskinz bash plate + custom bash plate - Rocksliderz - factory bull bar - Pirelli scorpion ATRs - Ironman awning - Rhino Pioneer Luggage tray - Chip it race pipe - Home made breathers - 2" (Bilstein/Lovell) - No Limit Chip - Torque Pro for Android

Comment

• geopaj
      Valued Member
      • Jul 2007
      • Adelaide

How the Rhino platform going? Still happy?

I'm about to buy one in the next couple of weeks to replace my old 2.2m basket that is mounted to HD Rhino bars. I'm looking forward to being able to use car parks again!

Oh, I also noticed that you awning is very close (just touching?) the Paj's paintwork. It might be worth spacing the awning out a bit - I reckon a bit of mud/dust and the awning will leave wear marks on the paint.
      Silver NT VRX Di-D

ARB bullbar | snorkel | Bushskinz & Boo’s guards | UltraGauge MX | 2" lift | Cooper AT3 LT's | dual battery | Superwinch X9 | 80ltr diesel tank | 22ltr water tank | aux trans cooler | MM Lockup Mate | GME UHF | locker/TC mod | SPV EGR | rear LED work light | rhino platform | ARB awning | rear drawers ... & plenty of scratches

My Build Thread - HERE

Previously - NL Pajero (now owned by Forum member 'Gemster')

Comment

• Jemsquash
        • Jan 2010
        • Perth

Yes, you are right. It was too close when I took the picture. I adjusted it out yesterday afternoon after getting back from wilbinga.
        I had an elastic band around the back part of it to keep it away from the paintwork until I had time to adjust it.

I can't really say I've put it through is paces as a luggage tray yet, so I can't really comment on it's performance.

I still have to modify my kayak loader to fit. I did buy an accessory bar but it is too narrow for the rack n roll attachment.
        07 NS GLX 3.2 DiD Auto - Bushskinz bash plate + custom bash plate - Rocksliderz - factory bull bar - Pirelli scorpion ATRs - Ironman awning - Rhino Pioneer Luggage tray - Chip it race pipe - Home made breathers - 2" (Bilstein/Lovell) - No Limit Chip - Torque Pro for Android

Comment

• Poita
          Valued Member
          • Sep 2010
          • Adelaide

Sally any chance of a close picture or two of your awning mounts? I am in the process of trying the exact same thing. Platform and Ironman awning. They look the same as the factory Rhino mounts so would be interested to see how they modified them.

Thanks!
          Pete
          NW VRX MY2013
          Jonny Tig FMIC, 3" Exhaust, RalliArt remap, Provent, FuelManager, CouplerTec rust protection, ARB bar, Runva winch, TJM Snorkel, Bilstein/Lovell/Airbags, full Bushskins kit, Asfir AC+fuel, Fyrlyt Nemesis 9000 spotties + LED headlights, Uniden UHF, RedArc TowPro Elite, BRC breathers, Honda sprayers, Automate lockup/paddles, Rhino platform/backbone

Comment

• Paj People 2009
            Valued Member
            • Oct 2009
            • Sunny Gold Coast, QLD

Hi Pete,

So sorry for the dealy....yesterday was a huge footy day. Suns beat Collingwood...nearly neaded a defib! SO close - great game at Metricon.

Then we came home and could hardy speak and the Bombers had the close win against Port! Wow perfect double for us! But no voice left!

Anyway, the bracket for the Ironman awning was a Rhino one, modified to fit low on the Pioneer Rack. The guys at Roofracks Galore did it, but i'm not sure what they did exactly to make it fit! Sorry! All I know is that did some alterations to it to make it sit down and fit that rack, so we can still get into all the low carparks.

Perhaps if you gave them a call they could assist with info?
            Roof Racks Galore has all the major brands under one roof, come in and see us at Kedron, Rocklea, North Lakes, Springwood or Southport

I'll put some close up pics here for you anyhow. Hope they help.

They are older pics, before we had the light bar installed on the rack, but the bracket for the awning is the same. If you need closer piucs, I can do some more for you.

Cheers,
            Sally

SOLD 2009 NT PAJERO PLATINUM & 2015 JEEP GRAND CHEROKEE

RUNVA XP11 11,000lb Winch in MM ALLOY Bar, 2.75" S/S exhaust, ARB Air Locker, BLACK WIDOW Drawer Sys, ABBER Water Tank, GREAT WHITE & IRONMAN LED LightbarS, ARB OME 2 inch lift, POLYAIRs, BUSHSKINZs, Airtech SNORKEL, IRONMAN Awning, PIONEER Platform, REDARC Tow Pro, Provent , D697 LT's, ALPINE Stereo, Amp & Sub, DP CHIP, DRLs, Torque App, SPV EGR MOD Mk3

2015 LOTUS FREELANDER & CRUISECRAFT EXPLORER 575

Comment

• Tingles
              • Sep 2011
              • Adelaide

Hi All,

Does anyone know if you can fit kayak cradles to the Pioneer platform?

Thanks,

Dave.
              MY16 NX GLX, TJM steel bull bar, XGS suspension, Bridgestone Dueller 265/60x18LT, LRA 58L auxillary tank, 100aH dual battery with DC/DC charger, Rhino roof tracks and Pioneer platform, LightForce 180 Gen II LEDs, Cavalier camper trailer

Comment

• Paj People 2009
                Valued Member
                • Oct 2009
                • Sunny Gold Coast, QLD

Hi Dave,

Yes, you can - Rhino have them.

But I noticed you have a Hobie.

We carry our Hobie Outrigger upside down...Hobie said not to use it upright with the racks??

Anyway, they do fit if you want them.

Cheers,
                Sally

RUNVA XP11 11,000lb Winch in MM ALLOY Bar, 2.75" S/S exhaust, ARB Air Locker, BLACK WIDOW Drawer Sys, ABBER Water Tank, GREAT WHITE & IRONMAN LED LightbarS, ARB OME 2 inch lift, POLYAIRs, BUSHSKINZs, Airtech SNORKEL, IRONMAN Awning, PIONEER Platform, REDARC Tow Pro, Provent , D697 LT's, ALPINE Stereo, Amp & Sub, DP CHIP, DRLs, Torque App, SPV EGR MOD Mk3

Comment

• Dion
                  Valued Member
                  • May 2010
                  • Brisbane

Originally posted by Tingles View Post
                  Hi All,

Does anyone know if you can fit kayak cradles to the Pioneer platform?

Thanks,

Dave.
                  You can fit anything Rhino makes for their HD bars (the square bars) as Rhino make "adapter bars" that fit onto the Pioneer.
                  2010 NT DiD Platinum Auto (Warm White). ARB Sahara Bar (colour coded), ARB dual battery with Redarc, Ultimate Suspension, Redarc remote BC, Bushskinz plates, D694s, Rhino Pioneer Platform, Engel 40L, Hella Compact HIDs, UH7760NB, Scangauge II, Rear shelf storage, Bushskinz rear bumper protection.

Comment

• Tingles
                    • Sep 2011
                    • Adelaide

Thanks Sally,

I have rod holder bases and an outrigger tube which sit above the rails on the Hobie. These fit between my roof bars with the Hobie upside down, but may not work if I decide to fit a Rhino platform.

Dave
                    MY16 NX GLX, TJM steel bull bar, XGS suspension, Bridgestone Dueller 265/60x18LT, LRA 58L auxillary tank, 100aH dual battery with DC/DC charger, Rhino roof tracks and Pioneer platform, LightForce 180 Gen II LEDs, Cavalier camper trailer

Comment

• Battery bill
                      • Aug 2012
                      • WA

Thinking about this setup for myself but am limited in height. What's the distance between the top of the fitted roof rail to the top of the tray

Yours looks really good though

Comment

• Megamatt73
                        • Dec 2011
                        • Brisbane

water tank

Hi Sally,

Was looking at your photos of roof rack and also saw photos of water tank in the 3rd row seat well. Looks pretty good - where did you get it made and how much was it?

Comment

• Megamatt73
                          • Dec 2011
                          • Brisbane

other mods info too1

Hi Sally,

Now that I have looked at a few more photos I see you have done quite a few more mods I would like to do myself before heading to the Cape in September. Firstly rear drawers - off the shelf from Black Widow? How much and are they removable? The tank I asked about in previous post - is this removable too (we need to use 3rd row when at home), awning dome off back - where is this from?

Thanks,
                          Matt.

Comment

• grhyso
                            Valued Member
                            • Aug 2012
                            • Perth

Originally posted by Megamatt73 View Post
                            Hi Sally,

Now that I have looked at a few more photos I see you have done quite a few more mods I would like to do myself before heading to the Cape in September. Firstly rear drawers - off the shelf from Black Widow? How much and are they removable? The tank I asked about in previous post - is this removable too (we need to use 3rd row when at home), awning dome off back - where is this from?

Thanks,
                            Matt.
                            Hi Matt,

Couple of answers I can give you before Sally see's this, The water tank is made by Chris who runs Abber Tanks. I have a slightly different tank of his myself but he is very easy to talk to and for you, close by in Brissy!

The black widow drawers, Black widow no longer exist unfortunately. Their designs were all bought by TJM when they went into receivership, I'm not sure if they have started producing the model that fits the Pajero yet. Alternatively the family who used to run Black widow have re started a new business, again making drawers http://rvtradeandfleet.com.au/.

Best of luck!
                            2010 NT GLS DiD Auto Silver | TJM T13 Bullbar | Lightforce LED 180 Spotlights | Runva 11XP | Dual Batteries | TJM snorkel | Bushskinz & TJM bash plates | Custom alloy roof rack | Sunseeker II Awning | MDC RTT | EGR Block | Bilstein/Lovells | Dick Cepek Fun Country tyres | Wet seat seatcovers | Uniden UH7760NB | Parrot Asteroid Smart | Morel, Soundstream and Kicker Audio | MM Cargo Barrier | Storage Drawer | Onboard water system |

See our latest adventures at http://www.treksandtinroofs.com

Comment

• Paj People 2009
                              Valued Member
                              • Oct 2009
                              • Sunny Gold Coast, QLD

Hi Matt,

Yes, Rhys has it covered!

Can't remember the cost, but Chris will know - Abber Tanks in Brisbane.

The Black Widow drawers are being made with their new company and there are a few similar, like Drifta. I think they were around the $1500 mark? The cargo barrier and divider I got from TJM off someone's Paj that was changing cars, so got a reduced price.

The drawers can be taken out, but no way we do that with ours! You could ask for them to be removable (I think). Not sure about this though.

The tank is not removable - it takes up the 3rd seat well. Our seats were never used and are out! If you want removable, you might be better going for a portable water udder type tank, that sits on the floor. ARB, TJM and similar shops have them.

Make sure you get RV food grade pipe for your water and a B.E.S.T filter (or similar). Then you can drink it straight from the tank. This is the best mod we've made - we use it all the time camping or to wash/run our boat at the ramp.

The awning is from Iron Man. It is has built in LED strip light along it. It is on permanently - we had special brackets made to fit the Pioneer Platform that hang down and it still clears shopping centre carparks this way. Very good addition, used a lot!

Any other queries, just yell out!

Cheers,
                              Sally

Comment

• Megamatt73
                                • Dec 2011
                                • Brisbane

more questions

Hi Sally and Rhys - thanks for your replies. I have questions for you both now!

Rhys - I see what looks like a storage bag on either side of your rear wheel. Did you make that or buy it? I've seen other custom designs but not sure who made them or how they go staying on with rough roads or scratching paint? The trip I am planning the Cape will be with a family of 5 so storage space will be at a premium. I'm trying to think of a way to utilise the spare wheel carrier for light items, or fabricate a 3kg gas bottle holder, portable toilet holder etc. Any thoughts?

Sally - just to confirm, is the dome tent off the back an ironman unit or were you talking about the side awning being iron man? I spoke to Chris from Abber tanks and will get up and see him soon. He has changed the design from yours a bit (too many cuts and welds he said), and it is now more central and inboard, leaving the most outboard section for the pump, tools etc. He said he removed the inner plastic boot lining to fit yours. Did it gain much space underneath? I want mine to be removable when we are not camping because we still use the rear seat, and he thinks he can make it so, but having extra room under the folded seat would be handy because you can't fit anything else in there as is! I'd like to leave the tow bar in there so I don't bash my shins all the time!

And a question for both - rhino rack connecting to standard rails with special legs that grip rails or remove rails completely and have legs that replace rails - what is best? I intend to have a lot of stuff on the roof for this trip (but no more than the 100kg total allowed). Steel racks are out because of weight, but I hear removing rails requires removing head lining inside and that seems a bit of a hassle? As it is right now I have some Thule roof bars connected to the standard rails, and to this I bolt a basket, maxxtraxx and Kings awning. Sadly with our 2" lift, leaving even the 4 maxxtraxx on top (flat on top of each other using mounting pegs) I hit carpark roofs. So a solution i can leave on all the time would be great. I would be inclined to remove maxxtraxx and awning when not camping but would like to leave the roof rack on permanently. Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X