• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • japinka
    • Dec 2012
    • NSW

2001 mod ,what it has, hasn't or should do

Hi all just trying to get my head around my challenger, its got a few quirky things about it I hope you guys/gals can help with
    1) is it natural for all doors to lock after a few moments of driving?(&unlock when stop motor)
    2) is it standard that all the windows auto wind up after taking the keys out of ignition (annoying when you want to vent the hot air out of the car)
    3) is cruise control a standard option ? Which I suspect mine is not original , see pic
    4) the ride is rock hard and pitchy , (makes my Nissan gu feel like a limo) is this normal for a coil sprung challenger? Trying to gauge if the rear springs have been changed for towing?
    Thanks again
    Attached Files
    2008 ns , Lovells Springs & Dobinson Shocks, 285/70/17 Hankook ATM , MCC Steel bar & winch, new timing chain tensoner, DPF delete, additonal fuel tank
  • Moose 61
    • May 2010
    • Latrobe Valley

2001 Challenger

(1) Not mine. (2) Not mine. (3) Mine is factory. (4) Mine rides quite good a bit harsher since I put the BFG tyres on.

Comment

• FIS9076
      • Jun 2010
      • Western Sydney

From those pictures, your cruise control is aftermarket and you also have an aftermarket alarm system fitted.

Its probably a function of the alarm system integrated into the doors/windows as this is not a standard thing.....i dare say you have a remote central locking system? perhaps you can google its make/type and find a manual for it and adjust its settings.....or in with the owners manual?

My suspension (heavy duty coils) is fairly stiff if not carrying a load (rear storage, wheel carriers etc) but the original coils were a fairly soft ride. Id dare say youve got the heavy duty springs.....

Comment

• Rainmann
        • Dec 2015
        • Melbourne

Yeah 1&2 are standard but usually turned off. Only the dealership can do this most will only change $20
        '02 PA Challenger XS auto petrol -- Custom ECU Tuned.--Bored Out Throttle Body +10mm. -- Modified intake manifold. -- Hurricane Extractors. -- Twin Fuel rail kit. -- 3 inch mandrel exhaust. -- 2 inch lift king springs with airbags incab adjustable. -- Transmission cooler.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
        Working...
        X