• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TRYITON
    • Aug 2010
    • Perth

4M40 + Electronic fuel injection?

Hi All,

Looking to squeeze a few more HP out of my 4M40.

So far:

1. Have blanked off EGR.
    2. Have minor shimmed the turbo for + boost.
    3. Have installed Methanol / Water injection. Good mod but need a bigger tank.
    4. Larger dia and shorther pipe.

I've been hunting around and believe that Mitsubishi had a 4M40 series 2 with electronic fuel injection pump? May have been fitted to the Delica?

Does anyone know anything about this?

Can it be retrofitted to the mech injection 4M40?

A company in NZ sell upgrade chips to boost them so I'm guessing they exist somewhere?

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

TRYITON
  • Sentra_T
    • Dec 2014
    • Uruguay

Did you find any info on this topic?
    Recently my 4m40 with fully mechanical injection died.
    I bought a new engine from Spain and it came with an electrical fuel pump but im not sure if I can make it work in my Pajero since I dont have any ECU.

Comment

• NJV6
      Valued Member
      • Sep 2010
      • New Zealand

The JDM spec ones had the efi 4m40 and they went bloody well too. Much harder to tinker with to get a bit more grunt though. Factory 140hp.
      The efi ones can be used with a manual pump but not really the other way as there are sensors and whatnot that you just don't use with the manual pump.
      The ones from the delica are efi as well, they are a bit different to Paj ones, the oil cooler, filter etc is in a different place. If you had both engines I think you could make it fit.
      1994 NJ SWB, 3.5 Manual, 285/75/16 Deegan 38s MT, 25mm body lift, Twin ARB air lockers, XD9000 winch, custom bar.
      1991 NH LWB, 3.9 V8, trayback, solid front axle, Toyota hi mount winch
      2011 NT GLX DiD, 3.2 Manual, 285/65/17 Falken Wildpeak AT3W, SPV EGR, Lovells SD rear, HD front, Bilsteins, Custom underbody protection, Safari Snorkel, JTig intercooler and loads of zip ties in the dash...

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
      Working...
      X