• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • elmaula
    • Mar 2014
    • Downey CA USA

Gen 2 factory Locker info needed

Hello every one!!!

While I am still waiting for my engine 2.8 TD block replacement from England. It been over a month since It shipped. My last posting was when engine block crack a large 6 inches hole.

Well question my car is a Gen 1 1989 with a 2.8 TD conversion In USA I want to install Locker from a Gen 2 at least on the rear diff.

Rear differential looks just the same with coils and all.

How do I know which Gen 2 has factory lockers just buy looking at the differential or a LS

All Gen 2 have dif locker?

I know there are Gen 2 with 3.0 and 3.5 engine.

Can they be easily wire to work?

Should I buy a Gen 2 and remove the front and back differentials>

Any info will be great.
    Daily driver.

1989 convertion 4M40T jdm engine.

Home made recycle roof rack.
    12k. Lbs winch

The joy of driving something built by me after so many hrs of work and $.
  • stumagoo
    Valued Member
    • Jun 2014
    • Perth WA S.O.R

DIff locks were an option only as far as I know, there are also different rear diff sizes that pretty much depend on the engine size. Check out this thread for more info https://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum...ad.php?t=13310
    1994 NJ 3.0 now with a 2000NL 3.5 engine and driveline, 2.5 catback, 32" MT Deegan 38's, 1" body lift, front diff drop with front tension rods indexed and cranked an 3", 3" on the rear coils
    *** retired to the big wrecking yard in the sky***
    1998 NL 3.5 blisterside, running a 6g75 (3.8) with M90 supercharger at 14psi, 305.70.16's on -44 rims 3.5" suspension lift, Custom Bull bar, winch install, custom front control arms, NJ GLS flares and some camping gear in the back

Comment

• seivad
      • Jul 2010
      • Sydney

The diff with a locker has an electrical cable coming out of it and a pipe connected through the floor to a pump in the storage under the second row seat. The cable is to run the indicator light in the dash display when it is activated. An activating switch is located near the accessory plug up front below the radio. Usually the wiring harness for all this is in place in all models, but without the bits plugged in. The "bits"consist of the switch, the pump and its hose, a control unit located in the left rear cargo chassis space, and the diff unit. The axles in a factory locker are different lengths compared to the standard axles. Most Gen 2 are fitted with a limited slip diff, which is labelled. Its a good unit, works well.

Comment

• elmaula
        • Mar 2014
        • Downey CA USA

Thank you both

Link is great info

I will start my junk yard hunt for a rear diff

Cheers
        Daily driver.

1989 convertion 4M40T jdm engine.

Home made recycle roof rack.
        12k. Lbs winch

The joy of driving something built by me after so many hrs of work and $.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
        Working...
        X