X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • T.ony
    • Oct 2016
    • Perth

Got a reply from them today with an address to return. Pretty easy to deal with. I could live with a slight reduction but it was just useless to drive!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• sandgroper 123
      • Dec 2015
      • W.A

Originally posted by Loady1 View Post
      Have had the blanking platein for about 700 ksand my engine light came on today.Have just ordered a obd scan tool to investigate and clear the code.
      My light came on around 9000 and again at 11000 , cleared the code both times ...insufficent flow ERG , will go for the resister mode once it gets sorted .

Comment

• Ky1e
        • Aug 2015
        • Muswellbrook

Originally posted by T.ony View Post
        I've had the Crispmods EGR module fitted for 4 days. Yes there's less fuel used but serious performance issues straight from the off. The car feels like it's struggling to breath and if you thought you'd to stomp the pedal a lot to get it going with normal use, wait until you fit this!! I'm returning it until something better comes out. By the feel of it, there's a lot more going on with the ECU than is mentioned. I'm interested to hear others opinions of this module.

Because it's tricking the ecm into fooling conditions are not what they actually are in order to keep the egr closed. Air intake temp for example.

I fitted a solid blank plate over my egr valve then drilled a hole in my throttle body plate (to simulate airflow when the egr valve opens and the throttle body plate closes) and have done over 40,000km now with not a single fault code logged.

Comment

• Jizza
          • May 2016
          • Adelaide

Originally posted by Ky1e View Post
          Because it's tricking the ecm into fooling conditions are not what they actually are in order to keep the egr closed. Air intake temp for example.

I fitted a solid blank plate over my egr valve then drilled a hole in my throttle body plate (to simulate airflow when the egr valve opens and the throttle body plate closes) and have done over 40,000km now with not a single fault code logged.
          Any pics of the job you did on the throttle body plate?

Comment

• sandgroper 123
            • Dec 2015
            • W.A

Originally posted by Ky1e View Post

Would this work on PS 2.4 engine ?
            Cheers SG

Comment

• Ky1e
              • Aug 2015
              • Muswellbrook

Originally posted by sandgroper 123 View Post
              Would this work on PS 2.4 engine ?
              Cheers SG
              No idea sorry. This was on my NS pajero...

Yep, have photos, will upload when I get home.

Comment

• Richo0360
                • Apr 2016
                • victoria

Hi all have been watching this thread with interest. was leaning to blanking plate. But this only stops some of the muck going in, however appears resets of codes required (sandgroper). then came along blanking mod resister. But this reducers performance (jizza). Apart from the old catch can, any other ideas. also if i went for plate how do u reset codes (sangroper?). tks

Comment

• Jizza
                  • May 2016
                  • Adelaide

Originally posted by Richo0360 View Post
                  Hi all have been watching this thread with interest. was leaning to blanking plate. But this only stops some of the muck going in, however appears resets of codes required (sandgroper). then came along blanking mod resister. But this reducers performance (jizza). Apart from the old catch can, any other ideas. also if i went for plate how do u reset codes (sangroper?). tks
                  I found I also got better economy once I took it off also........

Tech that did my tune at Roo Systems advised against the resistor mod as he said it can also affect air flow sensor, and was not surprised to hear me say it was down on power

Also advised against the blanking plate as the systems in the PS rely on the EGR system

Catch can for me next.

Comment

• sandgroper 123
                    • Dec 2015
                    • W.A

Originally posted by Richo0360 View Post
                    Buy a code reader (U480 on ebay) easy to deleat code the ERG code is 401 , i am thinking of a full plate and ignore cel light and just check codes ever so ofton . But i have found better performance and hardly any turbo lag with plate .

Comment

• Loady1
                      • Aug 2016
                      • Queensland

I was removing the egr blanking plate in preparation for ecu remap next week and was surprised at how much oily sludge was on the plate (both sides) after less than 1500km. Will definitely be fitting an oil catch can.
                      Late 2016 PS 5 seat. Bridgestone ATRs, Kings KCRS-23, KCFS-55, Bilsteins , PROVENT 200, Safari snorkel, bash plates.
                      Hayman Reese towbar. Tow pro elite.

Comment

• sandgroper 123
                        • Dec 2015
                        • W.A

Engine check light cam on last week after 9000ks , code reader said insufficient flow ERG , erased it done 200 ks so far no light on.
                        cheers SG
                        Engine check light came on again 13,000 Ks ....BUT went off after 50 ks and stayed off ? will check to see if code is still there .

So that's 3 times the lights come on.
                        cheers SG

Comment

• T.ony
                          • Oct 2016
                          • Perth

Engine check light came on again 13,000 Ks ....BUT went off after 50 ks and stayed off ? will check to see if code is still there .

So that's 3 times the lights come on.

cheers SG

Sandgroper, I've the catch can fitted and thinking of the plate. Worth it? Also what code reader do you use?

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X