• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • elvislives
    • Dec 2017
    • UK

Camshaft Position Sensor

Hi Everyone,

Can anyone point me in the right direction of the Camshaft Position Sensor?

The only diagram I could find anywhere online that showed where it was was actually wrong, and pointed me to the Crankshaft Position Sensor. I've just spent the afternoon taking out the radiators so I could undo the bolt, and it was the wrong sensor!

Hopefully someone out there can help me, and if you have a picture, even better!

Thanks in advance.
  • Two Emms
    Valued Member
    • Jan 2020
    • Mansfield, Vic

Welcome to the forum!

Under "Configuration diagrams " in this manual it shows camshaft position sensor. Hopefully it is the right one!

Keep the link. It's very handy
    2016 NX GLS Factory alloy bar, Provent 200 catch can, Boos bash plates (full set), Stedi light bar, 40 litre Waeco, Titan fridge slide, Kings springs, Toyo Open Country AT3s, Auto-mate, Ultragauge, Uniden 8080s, Tanami x11, more to come...

Comment

• elvislives
      • Dec 2017
      • UK

Many thanks Two Emms.

However, I followed the diagram and it shows B-38 as the Camshaft Position Sensor. This is the one that I got to before, and when I took it off, the code was 949979-1590 which shows as a Crankshaft Position Sensor. It is different to the new Camshaft Position Sensor that I bought from the auto shop which is made by Blue Print and has a code of ADC47214C.

My car has a P0341 error code. Am I barking up the wrong tree?
      Last edited by elvislives; 06-09-20, 10:29 PM.

Comment

• Two Emms
        Valued Member
        • Jan 2020
        • Mansfield, Vic

In the manual, (use the link in my previous post) look under "engine overhaul" then "timing chain"

The crank angle sensor and the camshaft position sensor are both shown. Hopefully this will help.
        2016 NX GLS Factory alloy bar, Provent 200 catch can, Boos bash plates (full set), Stedi light bar, 40 litre Waeco, Titan fridge slide, Kings springs, Toyo Open Country AT3s, Auto-mate, Ultragauge, Uniden 8080s, Tanami x11, more to come...

Comment

• elvislives
          • Dec 2017
          • UK

Thanks again Two Elms. I just took off the other sensor and it is the correct one. The first diagram shows them the wrong way round, but the second one shows the shapes of the sensors and they are correct.

Nice one, and thanks for the link to the manual. That should prove to be very helpful in the future.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
          Working...
          X