Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > Generation 4-4 Pajero

Generation 4-4 Pajero NX model 2014 -

Old 1 Week Ago

Default Hi - New Paj owner 2016 GLX

Hey all, great to see there's a place I can ask all of my questions, no doubt i'll have a lot of them.

I purchased a 2016 GLX, 2 weeks ago. It's ex-council / roadworks.
Straight to the garage for a minor service and all is looking great, I guess due to servicing every 10k. They pointed out it has aftermarket airbags added to the shocks, so will learn more about
maintaining these.

I'm good with general maintenance but a total newbie with diesels and 4x4's.
Looking forward to getting to know my car (quick to learn there's no Haynes manual for this one!)

Will slowly start adding a new bull bar, roof rack, plate protections etc.

Here's a pic on our way to the snow at the weekend.

Cheers!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Paj_Kosi_1200.jpg (180.9 KB, 63 views)
Old 1 Week Ago

Looks great, I am hoping to get my new GLS next week. Can't wait.
Old 1 Week Ago

Welcome to the forum Chris.

Here's a link to the manual used by many on the forum.

http://faq.out-club.ru/download/paje...3/index_M1.htm

You will see the model only goes up to 2013, don't panic, the later models are basically identical

As to underbody protection, I have Boos bash plates and am very happy with them.

Old 1 Week Ago

Thanks Two Emms

Appreciate the link to the manual, that's a massive help.

I'll make note of those bash plates too, cheers!
Old 1 Week Ago

i put an ARB bar on the front of mine. Also a Stedi light bar great value; im about to put a second battery kit in mine (May 2015 build Oct 2015 sale GLX).

cant do lift etc as my car port is my patio and im not reconcreting to increase my 3 mm clearance...
Old 5 Days Ago

Nice, did you get the deluxe bar? I've be making a list this past week and I now see why people can easily spend a small fortune on their rigs

I've already removed the 3rd row seats, bought some titan drawers and installed those on Sunday. Would have liked the custom fitted ones like Drifta but these are a decent enough build for the cost and fit (just!)

I'll attempt the wings this week and might build false floor to raise the whole lot up (I've seen a couple of other forum members do this and looks handy for access to the floor cavity)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_5167.jpg (80.8 KB, 14 views)
Old 4 Days Ago

Hi all. Sorry to spam my own thread, I initially wanted to ask a few questions regarding mechanics and forgot, will add below;

When I got my '16 GLX a few weeks ago, the clock was at 208,000. Does that raise concerns for a young-ish car? I was worried at first but after seeing a full service history and the garage said all looks great, aside from a minor leak which i'll look at getting fixed. So It's been taken care of.

I guess i'm curious how many of you have clocked up that many km's in a short time and anything I should really watch out for at this point, from your experience?

1. Is it still worth looking into getting a catch can and/or EGR delete (up until yesterday I didn't know of the legalities!) I'm aiming to keep this car for at least 5-6 years and it will do some long trips around Eastern Aus.

2. The timing chain- log books says nothing about it being replaced but with it having a service every 10k km's, I'm assuming It would have been replaced at some point? I'm also assuming when I asked the garage to look at the "belt" and they told me about the chain, they would have told me if it needed replacing.

3. Being I'm totally new to turbo diesels, I'm interested to what a sound is when I accelerate and there's a high pitch whistle when I press down the pedal. When I lift back off a little, it stops. Is this a normal running sound?

Cheers! C
Old 4 Days Ago
Super Moderator

My late 2014 NX had 160,000km when I bought it last October, with regular servicing and no issues. Servicing is the key. Other than than Km related wear will be the thing to watch (like suspension bushes, timing chain guide, etc).

1. Catch can (Provent recommended) is minimum although many also use EGR delete cord (albeit illegal to use). https://www.unsealed4x4.com.au/the-g...an-comparison/
2. Timing chains are a long lived item and shouldn't need replacing at that distance. You do need to keep an eye on the top timing chain guide as its a consumable.
3. My NX doesn't whistle.

RB
MY15 NX Exceed 3.2 DiD, ARB dual battery, Redarc BC-DC, MM tow hitch, Teshonka brake controller, Provent catch can, Munji EGR delete, GME 3350 UHF, Boo's bash set, Falken Wildpeak AT3W 265/65R18, TPMS, 40mm lift, Rhino bars, Drifta Rapid 270 awning, spare tyre lift, Ultraguage MX 1.4, TC mod, Automate lockup, auxiliary PWR 23 row transmission cooler and radiator cooler bypass, KAON cargo barrier, factory nudgebar with fyrlyt Luxsis 5000. Stockman allroada pod trailer with ARB Simpson 3 RTT.
Old 4 Days Ago
Valued Member

335,000 on our 2007 NS a month ago replaced water pump and front hubs. Water pump as it was leaking. Hubs as preventative maintenance.

Glow plugs replaced 3 years ago. Turbo replaced two months ago.

The NS has different turbo and glow plugs to yours.

The timing chain guide from the NS on is not a consumable item. It was on the NM NP. It is a revised guide.

We are keeping it for a while longer so are giving the old girl a rebirth.

It's been super reliable.
Old 4 Days Ago

i like your drawers
I'd try to get a flat water tank in the 90L space under the back best place for it youll need a 12V pump but a worthwhile accessory

Yes i got the ARB deluxe winch bar colour coded too, my kids think i should have got black because more menacing looking but hey im a nice guy! ARB is a good fitter relocated my stripo LED light bar as an included extra.