Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > General Information > Where the rubber hits the road.

Where the rubber hits the road. Discussion about drive train; (locking) diffs; wheels; hubs; suspension and, of course, tyres

Old 29-06-20
Administrator

62,000 klms on mine and going tomorrow. Great tyre up to about 50k then deteriorated in performance. Very harsh ride now and damn near dangerous in the wet. Admittedly mine have copped a bit of a flogging with quite a few High Country trips and the y performed well in the bush with only a tyre rolled off the rim to speak about (and probably my fault for too low pressure) Would I buy them again.....no. I think there are other tyres that the Paj (and my butt ) might find more comfortable on road.

My choices for the new tyres are
Nitto Ridge Grappler 265/65/18
Nitto Terra Grappler 265/60/18
Dick Cepek Trail Country 265/65/18
Old 30-06-20
Valued Member

I've had KO2s on my Nov 2015 NX since new and use a 5 tyre rotation every 5,000km. To date I've done 105,000km and still have 10,000 or so in them. At least half distance travelled pulling 1400kg trailer and some, but not a lot, of off road (eg High Country) use.

No problems with them at all, other than they have been a bit noisy and it seems worse now towards end of life.
Old 30-06-20
Resident

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickle View Post
62,000 klms on mine and going tomorrow. Great tyre up to about 50k then deteriorated in performance. Very harsh ride now and damn near dangerous in the wet. Admittedly mine have copped a bit of a flogging with quite a few High Country trips and the y performed well in the bush with only a tyre rolled off the rim to speak about (and probably my fault for too low pressure) Would I buy them again.....no. I think there are other tyres that the Paj (and my butt ) might find more comfortable on road.

My choices for the new tyres are
Nitto Ridge Grappler 265/65/18
Nitto Terra Grappler 265/60/18
Dick Cepek Trail Country 265/65/18
Have you looked at the Yokohama X-AT? https://www.yokohamatire.com/tires/geolandar-x-at

After disappointing performance of some more aggressive tyres in the High Country back in January, twisted32 had these fitted. So far, they're performing very well off-road, and standing up to our rocky terrain much better.

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....

Scorpro Explorer Box
Old 30-06-20
Administrator

Yep looked at the Yokahamas, Coopers ,Radar, Falken….. and heaps more. The more you look the more you confuse yourself with what you like.
I ended up going with the Dick Cepek Trail Country .Will be fitted this arvo...I had the Dick Cepek Fun Country on the old Challenger for a while and was happy how they performed.
Will see hoW the TRAIL Country goes
Dave
Old 30-06-20
Administrator

The Dick Cepek Trail Country comes in 3 versions so you need to be careful what version is fitted.

P265/60R18 load index 110 Passenger Construction light duty AT.
P265/65R18 load index 114 extra load Passenger Construction light/medium duty AT.
LT265/60R18 EXP range load index 122, Light Truck Construction, heavy duty AT/MT.

OJ.
2011 PB Base White Auto, Smartbar, Cooper STMaxx LT235/85R-16,TPMS, HR TB, 3 x Bushskinz, front +40mm Dobinson , rear +50mm EHDVR Lovells, Dobinson MT struts and shockers, Peddars 5899 cone springs, Windcheater rack, GME UHF, Custom alloy drawer system inc. 30lt Engel & 2 x 30 AH LiFePo batteries + elec controls, Tailgate hi-lift/long struts, Phillips +100 LB & HB, Lightforce 20" single row driving beam LED lightbar, Scanguage II.
MM4x4 Auto Mate, Serial No 1 .
Old 30-06-20
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by old Jack View Post
The Dick Cepek Trail Country comes in 3 versions so you need to be careful what version is fitted.

P265/65R18 load index 114 extra load Passenger Construction light/medium duty AT.

OJ.
That's me.
Dave
Old 02-07-20

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruisn06 View Post
The review of reviews... 22000kms through Africa without a single puncture, flat, or blow out.

We put 40,000 Km on ours in Africa - same result - no punctures/flats/blowouts.

However we are now running Toyo Open Country ATs - recommended by the shop as being as good as the BFGs and a better price. They've been excellent so far.
Old 3 Weeks Ago

Pickle, update on yr new tyres pls.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Old 3 Weeks Ago

I have them on mine and wife’s car great all round tyres used to have cooper at3 sport quieter but the tyre side walls went whits looked like I had bought white wall tyres so went for bfg great all round tyre👍
Old 3 Weeks Ago
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DINKY View Post
Pickle, update on yr new tyres pls.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Not really much to report because of lockdown in Melb making it hard to get out anywhere, be lucky if I have done 500 klms on them. Got the paj out in the wet one day and was impressed with the grip going through a couple of roundabouts in 2wd. Can't help with much more than that at this stage
Dave