Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > General Information > Trekking around Oz

Trekking around Oz Where have you been? Where are you going? Report your trip.

Old 14-06-20

Thanks erad, I think the Croc was built in 1987. The Kimberley is a great area with superb scenery and wildlife and well worth putting on the bucket list. So much to see and do I don't see how anyone could see it all without maybe living in the Kimberley. Hope you can get back there sometime.
MY14 GLX-R Pajero, Modified Brown Davis Intercoola & Sump Plates, Bushskinz Rear Bumper Protector, Bushskinz Transmission & Transfer Plates, ARB Bullbar, Warn Zeon 10-s Winch, Cheap HID Spotties, Koni shocks with 40mm Lift, Cooper AT3, Ultra Guage,Stedi ST4000 Light Bar, HPD Catch Can, Dash Cam

To go where very few have gone before

Our Travels & Our YouTube Channel
Old 4 Weeks Ago

Kimberley: Munja Track crossing the Calder River.

Munja Track crossing the Calder River is probaby the most photographed/videoed river crossing of the entire Munja Track but maybe not by Drone. This is Number 6 of Our Kimberley Series of Drone Videos. The Video consists of 4K Drone footage and several photos taken with a Dji Mavic Pro Drone. Also included are photos taken with a Pentax KS2 and an Olympus TG3.

The Munja Track runs from Mount Elizbeth Station to Walcott Inlet in the Kimberley where several rivers feed into the inlet. These rivers include Calder, Charnley and Isdell Rivers. The Munja Track is a 4wd track that is worthy of being on your bucket list of Great 4wd tracks. It can be slow going with the jumpups giving you a challenging drive. Rocky sections of track can be brutal on your 4wd if not driven with care. Depending on the time of year multiple river and creek crossings can also present a challenge.

view on youtube: Munja Trk crossing Calder rv
MY14 GLX-R Pajero, Modified Brown Davis Intercoola & Sump Plates, Bushskinz Rear Bumper Protector, Bushskinz Transmission & Transfer Plates, ARB Bullbar, Warn Zeon 10-s Winch, Cheap HID Spotties, Koni shocks with 40mm Lift, Cooper AT3, Ultra Guage,Stedi ST4000 Light Bar, HPD Catch Can, Dash Cam

Old 4 Weeks Ago
Valued Member

Thanks for posting this. I had planned to do the Munja Track this year, but COVID wrecked that plan. Your video doesn't make the disappointment any easier, but it was still great to see the Calder River.
BY13/MY14 Pajero NW GLX Auto, Cooper ST Maxx, factory towbar, Drifta drawers, SmartBar, Airtec snorkel, Koni 90 front and Bilstein 6272 rear shocks with Lovell HD springs, Lightforce 170 Halogen driving lights, Brown Davis i/c, sump and transmission bash plates, Piranha diff breathers, Fuel Manager pre-filter, LRA 81L auxiliary fuel tank, Piranha steel battery tray, Sherpa 9500 lb winch, HPD catch can, LockUp Mate, Kaon cargo barrier, Harrop front e-locker, DBA T3 rotors and Xtreme pads
Old 1 Week Ago

All done Kimberley Drone Video Number 7. On a bit of a roll this one only took 3 weeks

Kimberley: Maudie Creek on the Munja Track

Maudie Creek! never heard of it? Well as it happens Maudie Creek is located on the Gardner Plateau in the Kimberley region of Western Australia. Maudie Creek is a tributary of Charnley River. Maudie Creek runs along side the Munja Track. It starts a few kilometers East of Mount Jameson before turning South at Mount Jameson and goes for several more kms before it actually joins the Charnley River .

The Video consists of 4K Drone footage filmed on a Dji Mavic Pro. Also included are several photos taken with our Pentax KS2 and an Olympus TG3 cameras.

Maudie Creek is a nice little camping spot where we spent a couple of pleasant days relaxing and enjoying nature. A bonus of this spot was that Maudie Creek had running water that was good for drinking. Day temperatures were in the low to mid 30's while we were there.

YouTube: Maudie Creek