• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • maddog
    • Nov 2009

NA Project: Is it feasible

Hi all,

Im very much new to the pajero scene so please excume me if this sounds silly...

Im curently looking at puchasing a Pajero and I would like to get either a First Gen or a NL.
    Not a big fan of the rounded shapes. I used to own a NA 2.5 Diesel a long time ago and very much like the boxy shape.

It will be used mainly for daily duties and limited offroad use.

My first option would be to purchase a NL 3.5, get a lift kit and bull bar and use as is,

Or

Get a decent firstGen and try and get and 3.5 in allong with the rear disk brakes...

Is this possibe?
    and is it worth it?

What bit would I need to get if I wanted to do this

Thanks,
  • mrbitchi
    Valued Member
    • Jun 2007
    • Brisbane

What's your budget? Think you could get a good NL for not too many $$. Would be a far youger/better proposition than an NA..
    Cheers, John.
    LC200 V8 goodness

MY12 LC200 GXL 4.5Lt V8 twin turbo, GVM upgrade, ARB bar, Warn winch, Outback Acc rear bar and dual carrier, TJM sidesteps, Bushskinz, Long Ranger 180Lt tank, Black Widow drawers, cargo barrier, Polaris Awning, +++
    Ex - NM auto, 2"Kings, Bilsteins, Buckshots, Wildcat headers, 2.75" Mandrel bent exhaust, Injected LPG, Smartbar, Scraper bar, Bushskinz, Custom steps, Dual Batteries, Breathers, Black Widow drawers, Polaris Awning.

Comment

• maddog
      • Nov 2009

Originally posted by mrbitchi View Post
      What's your budget? Think you could get a good NL for not too many $$. Would be a far youger/better proposition than an NA..
      Budget is abt 10-15K..

I actually prefer the FirstGen ones to a NL.
      If i can get a Gen1 (highroof if possible) to peform like a NL it will be great..
      If not.. then will get a NL....

Comment

• ziggy
        • Feb 2008

Your budget probably would allow a GM 3.6L. But fitting to the old gearbox maybe not really worth the effort. But with an auto would be a interesting combination

A dream would be a 4l toyo V8

Comment

• maddog
          • Nov 2009

If its going to be a lot of stuffing around, I dont think I will bother... Will just get a NL..

I thought that since they are both very similar that you can source a engine and box and just bot it on..

my dad used to have the old NA in the Diesel and it never missed a beat (found it abandoned in a old warehouse )... used to do abot 50000Ks a year and mainly on rough tracks and off-road. Was a pig on the highway. Thats why i was thinking i maybe able to get a 3.5 inthere...

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
          Working...
          X