• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ian H
    Valued Member
    • May 2015
    • Melbourne

Bloody beeping noise at start up

Is there any way to stop that beeping when you turn on the ignition? All I want to do is lower a window but the thing beeps a few times when the ignition is turned on and it's not good in a caravan park first thing in the morning or at night.
    2015 NX GLS, Factory alloy bar, Kings HD Springs & Koni Shocks with 50mm lift, MM Auto Mate, Paddle shift kit, dual batteries with Redarc DC/DC, LRA 58L tank, Safari snorkel, Boo's bash plates (full set), 17" steels with BFG KO2's, Drifta drawers with slide, TPMS, Uniden UH8080S, Alpine iLX-702D head unit.
  • m_and_m
    Valued Member
    • Mar 2010
    • Tea Tree Gully, Adelaide

Yep. Bugged the out of me too.

See this
    2016 NX Exceed 3.2 DiD, BullBar | 2" OME lift | Safari snorkel | UHF | Towbar | Tow pro elite ECB | Full Bushskinz UBP and side steps | HID highbeam upgrade | 9" LED spots | 100Ahr Aux. Battery | HPD Oil catch can | Flappy Paddles | auto-matePRO
    2016 LC200 Sahara V8 Diesel,Lots of Mods too
    Checkout our products at MM4x4 http://www.mm4x4.com.au auto-mate and lockup-mate for Mitsubishi's and Toyota's

Comment

• TC.Barky
      Valued Member
      • Oct 2011
      • Melbourne

Full disclosure, there is some discussion as to whether or not disconnecting that stops the airbag from deploying. I don't think it would (certainly not on the drivers side, but possible on the passenger) but nobody has been able to say for sure in previous discussions that I've read on here. A mechanic told me that doing this on the passenger side on some Fords will stop the passenger side from deploying.

(I have both mine disconnected)
      MY14 NW GLX-R 3.2L Auto Build Thread
      Fitted: 265/70R17 Kanati Mud Hogs. Ultimate Suspension HD Front EHD + bags rear. MM Towbar. OL Bullbar. SPV EGR Mod. Bushskinz Bash Plates x4. Roleys Rear Bar Protector. Icom IC-400Pro. Rhino Pioneer Tradie Rack. CTEK CTD250S w/ Dual Bats. Airtec Snorkel. Scangauge II. Blackvue Dash Cam. TC mod. Autosafe Half Barrier. Masten TPMS. Drifta Custom Drawers w/ Mounted Compressor. 47L ARB Fridge. Domin8rX Winch. Towing an MDC stepthrough.

Comment

• crash486
        • Jan 2018
        • Blackheath, NSW

If I remember correctly someone muted the beeping by sticking some blutack over the speaker.

Crash486

Comment

• outbackogre
          Valued Member
          • Jul 2010
          • Melbourne

Originally posted by crash486 View Post
          If I remember correctly someone muted the beeping by sticking some blutack over the speaker.

Crash486
          Great idea. Where's the speaker?
          My friends call me Rob; you can call me .... Rob.
          -------------------------------------------------------------
          MY12 NW GL DiD auto. 2" MD Lovells/Bilstein lift. Bushskinz underbody protection. Home made rear platform with sliding boxes above and lots of space underneath.

Comment

• nj swb
            Resident
            • Jun 2007
            • Adelaide

Originally posted by TC.Barky View Post
            Full disclosure, there is some discussion as to whether or not disconnecting that stops the airbag from deploying. I don't think it would (certainly not on the drivers side, but possible on the passenger) but nobody has been able to say for sure in previous discussions that I've read on here. A mechanic told me that doing this on the passenger side on some Fords will stop the passenger side from deploying.

Without having looked at a circuit diagram, what happens if the switch is permanently shorted out? Let the system think the seat belts are on?

OK, the passenger side airbag will deploy in an accident, whether there is somebody there or not. Any other issues to worry about?
            NT Platinum. DiD Auto with 265/70R17 ST Maxx, Lift, Lockers, Lockup Mate, Low range reduction, LRA Aux tank, bull bar, winch, lots of touring stuff. Flappy paddles. MMCS is gone!

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....

Scorpro Explorer Box

Comment

• m_and_m
              Valued Member
              • Mar 2010
              • Tea Tree Gully, Adelaide

Originally posted by TC.Barky View Post

yes, I recall some discussion a while ago.

I've just finished reading section 52B (SRS system) of my Mitsubishi NX in the technical manual and workshop manual. I've also reviewed the wiring diagrams.
              Here are some observations:
              1. It makes no mention of the seat belt switch being an input into the SRS ECU
              2. There are no error codes associated with a faulty seat belt switch. Every other input has a code.
              3. There is no wire on the wiring diagram from the seat switch to the to the SRS ECU. There are connections to the seat belt pretensioner,
              4. Says CANBus communication is for diagnostics, and to display the warning lamp in the instrument cluster
              5. it says it activates both front airbags in the event of a frontal collision
              6. it does make reference to a passenger’s air bag cut off switch is located above inside the glove box

Furthermore, normally anything related to the SRS systems has a yellow rising harness. The seat belt switch is black.

I'm pretty confident the airbag and seat belt switch are independent. I'm leaving my drivers side disconnected. Passenger is still connected as my kids sometimes forget to buckle up.

DISCLAIMER: I take no responsibility for the information above. Disconnecting the seat belt switch is entirely at your own risk.
              2016 NX Exceed 3.2 DiD, BullBar | 2" OME lift | Safari snorkel | UHF | Towbar | Tow pro elite ECB | Full Bushskinz UBP and side steps | HID highbeam upgrade | 9" LED spots | 100Ahr Aux. Battery | HPD Oil catch can | Flappy Paddles | auto-matePRO
              2016 LC200 Sahara V8 Diesel,Lots of Mods too
              Checkout our products at MM4x4 http://www.mm4x4.com.au auto-mate and lockup-mate for Mitsubishi's and Toyota's

Comment

• adrianp
                • May 2008
                • Brisbane

Seat Belt Buckle Alarm Stopper

For sale on the net
                Attached Files
                AdrianP
                2014 NW Exceed, 2015 NX GLS

Comment

• farcanal
                  • Mar 2010

Buckle up BEFORE turning the key on?
                  Works for me.

Comment

• Dicko1
                    Valued Member
                    • Dec 2014
                    • Cairns, FNQ

Originally posted by farcanal View Post
                    Works for me.

HAHAHA....You cant beat first world whinges...
                    Dicko. FNQ

2014 NW with all the usual stuff plus more.

TIME....1000 times more valuable than money

Comment

• nj swb
                      Resident
                      • Jun 2007
                      • Adelaide

Works for me.
                      If you actually read the thread from the start, you'll see this doesn't address the OP's problem - that of concern for others.

Originally posted by Ian H View Post
                      Is there any way to stop that beeping when you turn on the ignition? All I want to do is lower a window but the thing beeps a few times when the ignition is turned on and it's not good in a caravan park first thing in the morning or at night.
                      Originally posted by Dicko1 View Post
                      Like the grey nomads in the caravan park who don't like being woken by unnecessary chimes first thing in the morning?

Some people try to be considerate.
                      NT Platinum. DiD Auto with 265/70R17 ST Maxx, Lift, Lockers, Lockup Mate, Low range reduction, LRA Aux tank, bull bar, winch, lots of touring stuff. Flappy paddles. MMCS is gone!

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....

Scorpro Explorer Box

Comment

• Dicko1
                        Valued Member
                        • Dec 2014
                        • Cairns, FNQ

Originally posted by nj swb View Post
                        If you actually read the thread from the start, you'll see this doesn't address the OP's problem - that of concern for others.

Like the grey nomads in the caravan park who don't like being woken by unnecessary chimes first thing in the morning?

Some people try to be considerate.

Dont know how many parks you have stayed in . I,ve been in heaps and the chime from my seat belt would be the least thing to wake up a grey nomad. Starting your car is heaps louder...so does that mean no driving off before 7.30am? I think not. Many of the grey nomads are up at sparrows fart to get on the road early. PLUS...if your really that worried...open the door and quickly jump in the car at the speed of sound to ensure no chirp gets out...

Dicko. FNQ

Comment

• nj swb
                          Resident
                          • Jun 2007
                          • Adelaide

Dont know how many parks you have stayed in . I,ve been in heaps and the chime from my seat belt would be the least thing to wake up a grey nomad. Starting your car is heaps louder...so does that mean no driving off before 7.30am? I think not. Many of the grey nomads are up at sparrows fart to get on the road early. PLUS...if your really that worried...open the door and quickly jump in the car at the speed of sound to ensure no chirp gets out...
                          Or he could get rid of the bloody beeping noise.

Scorpro Explorer Box

Comment

• farcanal
                            • Mar 2010

So, who's whinging....I repeat S L O W L Y for ya.
                            Buckle up BEFORE you turn on the ignition....even, as for the OP, if it's to open a window.
                            Takes about 2 seconds of your life to avoid the annoying beep.
                            Jeezuz...some people.

Comment

• Dicko1
                              Valued Member
                              • Dec 2014
                              • Cairns, FNQ

So, who's whinging....I repeat S L O W L Y for ya.
                              Buckle up BEFORE you turn on the ignition....even, as for the OP, if it's to open a window.
                              Takes about 2 seconds of your life to avoid the annoying beep.
                              Jeezuz...some people.

Dont take aim at me mate...I totally agree..
                              Dicko. FNQ

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X