• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Iankim
    • Nov 2015
    • Perth

EGR plate

Hello guys, I just bought EGR blocking pad and I'm still not sure to install it or not.!!

What is Pros and Cons of blocking EGR.

Thanks mine is 2002 NM 3.2 did exceed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • ticky
    Valued Member
    • Jan 2015
    • Adelaide

Blocking the EGR is all good and nothing bad so far as the engine is concerned, but plates have been known the throw codes in some vehicles. Most people with later model Pajeros are using the SPV electronic EGR blocking device & some are making their own electronic device. I'm not sure if this is suitible for your model but there is heaps of info on the forum re The SPV mod. If the blocking plate throws any codes, you can always look into the SPV then, as I believe using both will not be a problem.

You may need to clean your inlet manifold before you install this blocking plate to see any difference in economy or performance though as it is probably already blocked.

Steve
    2009 NT VRX, Rear Battery Pack, 18" Bridgestone D-697, SPVi EGR mod, BushSkinz Intercooler & Sump Plates. BOO's Transmission & Transfer Case Plates. GME 3550, HID HB's and 22"LED Bar, Pioneer Avic F80DAB Audio/Coms/Nav system MM4x4 TC Lockup Mate. & 1/2 tank of Diesel

Pretty Stock but very Capable

Wish List: ARB Deluxe Bar & Winch, Snorkel, Diff Breathers, & 1/2 tank of Diesel

Comment

• scotcruz
      • Jan 2014
      • S C O T L A N D

Not had any cons at all tbh. I definitely recommend it..

Before I blanked mine and it was smoking really bad. After blanking no smoke and it picks up really well..

I left everything in situ..just put the blanking plate before the cooler on the manifold (best location) and unplugged the valve electric connection.
      2006 Shogun 3.2 DiD - MK3 | LED Headlights upgrade 3000LM | JVC ICE Double Din upgrade | Interior LED upgrade | Rear Light Clusters upgrade | Reverse Camera | EGR Blanked

Comment

• k100dennis
        • Dec 2015
        • Railton, Tasmania

Yep, there's no down side other than we are not complying with whatever law someone made that requires this device. I went the other way to most and removed everything from the engine, including the mounting bracket for the little cat that sits above the exhaust manifold. It opens up the exhaust/turbo area nicely, possibly enhances cooling air flow along that side of the engine as well.
        2004 NP Diesel, auto, GLS, white with silver trim. Kumho KL78 tyres, EGR system removed, upper rear lights connected, Rhino Rack Vortex RST, Engel MT60, Full River 120 AH AGM Deep Cycle, Enerdrive VSR, Kimberly Kamper Kakadu, HEMA HX-1, Airbag Man airbags, 2 stroke oil at 200:1.

Comment

• scotcruz
          • Jan 2014
          • S C O T L A N D

Reason I left everything in situ was a) for MOT and b) for insurance purposes incase they decided I had modified the car and not informed them.
          2006 Shogun 3.2 DiD - MK3 | LED Headlights upgrade 3000LM | JVC ICE Double Din upgrade | Interior LED upgrade | Rear Light Clusters upgrade | Reverse Camera | EGR Blanked

Comment

• Terryo
            Valued Member
            • Jul 2007
            • Where ever we are parked, traveling full time

Put a blanking plate in mine at about 250K and now have 367K with no problems. Got the manifold cleaned at 350K and was told it was dirty but not a dirty as some they have seen with less km's.
            Said the blanking plate has helped and won't need to clean it again if the blanking plate stays in place.

Terry
            2015 NX GLX DiD,MM Steel bullbar, Ultimate Suspension 2” lift, King 9’ LED driving lights, Uniden UHF, TJM underbody protection, Engine Watchdog. Munji EGR delete cable.Dual battery. Ultra Guage, Fuel Manager primary fuel filter. KAON Cargo barrier. Drifta drawer and fridge slide. MM4x4 Automate Pro. In tow,Track Trailer T van.

Previously
            NH 1992 GLS 3.0 V6 13 years
            NP 2005 GLX 3.2 DiD 12 years

Comment

• Aussie_Dan
              Valued Member
              • Jan 2010
              • Cairns

A NM or NP 3.2 with blocked EGR will never throw a code.
              The plug in modules that have been talked about are not applicable to the NM or NP either, as the NM / NP don't run a mass airflow sensor at the airbox - this is cor common rail models only.
              There are no negatives to blocking the EGR on an NM / NP other than the exhaust stinks like high hell at idle!
              A small price to pay to guarantee that your inlet manifold is not going to continue to block up.
              Cheers, Dan.
              2004 NP DiD GLX, 5 spd Manual with SMF, ARB Bullbar, Ironman 12000lb winch, Lightforce Genesis lights, Airtec Snorkel, 81L LRA tank, Unifilter, GME 3500 UHF, Redarc elec brake controller, ARB dual Batt tray with 60AH Deep cycle Batt & Redarc Isolator, Bushskinz Sliders, intercooler and sump guards, Lovells raised HD springs, Polyairs & Bilstein shocks, Milford Cargo Barrier, Philips +100 globes, 2nd set of rims with 245/75x16 Bighorns, Waeco 60L Fridge & a Cavalier camper trailer!

Comment

• Iankim
                • Nov 2015
                • Perth

Thanks guys for all good information.!! Really helped.!

Comment

• Iankim
                  • Nov 2015
                  • Perth

Is this the right one? I've got this.

Comment

• RUGGA
                    Valued Member
                    • Nov 2014
                    • Adelaide

Yes. That will do it.
                    02 NM 3.2, Auto, Exceed, I/C and sump guards, L&B 2" lift, 265/75/16 OPAT2.

Comment

• b1benno
                      • Aug 2019
                      • Adelaide

Originally posted by Aussie_Dan View Post
                      There are no negatives to blocking the EGR on an NM / NP other than the exhaust stinks like high hell at idle!.
                      Hi Dan
                      I’m searching through the forums for the next things on my list (EGR blank and possible exhaust upgrade) when I stumbled upon this thread.

I have noticed a diesel exhaust smell sometimes at lights or after parking at work and, combined with the coarseness of the engine note, I put two and two together and assume I have an exhaust leak somewhere.

But you mention above that blocking the EGR in an NP 3.2 will make the exhaust stink at idle... I haven’t checked yet but suppose mine is already blocked, but at risk of asking a stupid question - why does the block make the vehicle stink so much more?
                      b1benno

Adelaide

2004 NP Pajero 3.2 DiD GLX Auto
                      Lovell-lifted, otherwise standard

Nudging 400k !

Comment

• Muzza
                        Valued Member
                        • Jul 2007
                        • Nsw

Haven’t read the all post here, however I can say I disconnected my EGR on my NP 3.2 by simply blocking the Vacuum canister, no fault code, or blanking plates etc, I owned the vehicle for near 200K and I understand the vehicle is now up to near 300k with no effect, except clean manifolds
                        Muzza
                        2014 NW VRX , Alloy ECB bar, Poly air bags, EGR fixed. EDS scan gauge, lockup mate.
                        2003 NP DID GLS retired and gone to a good home
                        2007 21' Lotus spirit caravan

LH Torana

Comment

• Peoplesvic
                          • Feb 2017
                          • Brisbane

Originally posted by Aussie_Dan View Post
                          A NM or NP 3.2 with blocked EGR will never throw a code.
                          The plug in modules that have been talked about are not applicable to the NM or NP either, as the NM / NP don't run a mass airflow sensor at the airbox - this is cor common rail models only.
                          There are no negatives to blocking the EGR on an NM / NP other than the exhaust stinks like high hell at idle!
                          A small price to pay to guarantee that your inlet manifold is not going to continue to block up.
                          Cheers, Dan.
                          I have not looked to see if I have a blanking plate, but mine smells funny at idle. I'll have to go looking now for it.

Comment

• k100dennis
                            • Dec 2015
                            • Railton, Tasmania

Check to see if the crankcase gases have been vented direct to atmosphere, normally by running the line after the pc downwards toward the ground.
                            2004 NP Diesel, auto, GLS, white with silver trim. Kumho KL78 tyres, EGR system removed, upper rear lights connected, Rhino Rack Vortex RST, Engel MT60, Full River 120 AH AGM Deep Cycle, Enerdrive VSR, Kimberly Kamper Kakadu, HEMA HX-1, Airbag Man airbags, 2 stroke oil at 200:1.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X