X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kyle
    • Apr 2010

Water in Diesel

Hi- as I am new to the DiD, I search the threads but couldnt find the right info- can anyone tell me; if you get water in the diesel (from servo I would imagine), is there some sort of monitor that cuts the motor before any damage is done and if not where do you stand warranty wise if?? I see a lot of people talk about this issue so it kinda worries me a little
    thanks
    Kyle
    March built 2010 NT Exceed DID-Black !
    Bonnet protector,Side step ilumination,headlamp/fog lamp protectors
  • brianwanless
    Valued Member
    • Dec 2008
    • Mackay Nth Qld

I think you will have a fuel filter light on your dashboard, if this lights up you will have water in the bottom of your filter. Check your user manual.
    I think it works with a float that rises on water but not on diesel. When sufficient water is in the bottom of the filter it turns the light on.
    Time for a filter change, this may happen again, depending on the amount of water in your tank. Hope this helps. Brian.
    NP did, auto, mags, aux tank, bullbar, hid spots, leds, uhf, engine watchdog, safari chip, anderson plug, fridge socket, gps, snorkel, airbags, sidesteps, dual batteries, hr towbar, brake controller, torque convertor lockup switch, slotted discs, stainless braided brake hoses, led rev lights.

Comment

• bige
      • Apr 2010

the only warning you get is the fuel filter warning light comes on,
      if you stop soon enough the water should not get past the filter
      but this depends on how much water is in the tank
      if you dont see it the motor will run till it stops
      damage done and no warranty

Comment

• bushman
        Valued Member
        • Mar 2009
        • Wollondilly Shire NSW

Owners manual tells you how to drain water from the filter, you shouldn't have to much trouble with water if purchasing fuel from reputable outlets.

A dose of Metho or Diesel Doctor every now and then should take care of any condensation within the tank.
        09 NT Di-D Auto RX (Now Gone)
        2014 Golden Eagle Escape in tow ( Now Gone)
        2021 QF Pajero Sport
        ​​2020 Vacationer Roadtracker in tow
        LOVE'N THAT CAR"

Comment

• mrorejap
          • Jun 2009
          • Lara, Victoria

Bad fuel....

Originally posted by Kyle View Post
          Hi- as I am new to the DiD, I search the threads but couldnt find the right info- can anyone tell me; if you get water in the diesel (from servo I would imagine), is there some sort of monitor that cuts the motor before any damage is done and if not where do you stand warranty wise if?? I see a lot of people talk about this issue so it kinda worries me a little
          thanks
          As per your user manual & other posts regarding warning light. You will find with MMAL & as marty V has pointed out on other posts any item that cause a fault or damage to the vehicle & MMAL will basically not cover you for warranty. Obviously it has to be proved that the accessory/other item was the cause. In my NP I had a pump failure, vehicle towed to Mits, dealer. I was told by the service manager if it is bad fuel I pay if it's the pump...then it's covered under warranty. There were quite a number of pump failures in the NP Did 3.2

Comment

• Kyle
            • Apr 2010

Originally posted by mrorejap View Post
            As per your user manual & other posts regarding warning light. You will find with MMAL & as marty V has pointed out on other posts any item that cause a fault or damage to the vehicle & MMAL will basically not cover you for warranty. Obviously it has to be proved that the accessory/other item was the cause. In my NP I had a pump failure, vehicle towed to Mits, dealer. I was told by the service manager if it is bad fuel I pay if it's the pump...then it's covered under warranty. There were quite a number of pump failures in the NP Did 3.2

Thanks all- great info!
            Kyle
            March built 2010 NT Exceed DID-Black !
            Bonnet protector,Side step ilumination,headlamp/fog lamp protectors

Comment

• Dion
              Valued Member
              • May 2010
              • Brisbane

Originally posted by mrorejap View Post
              Your only option is to attempt compensation from the fuel seller if it is shown fuel was to blame. Always get a receipt!
              2010 NT DiD Platinum Auto (Warm White). ARB Sahara Bar (colour coded), ARB dual battery with Redarc, Ultimate Suspension, Redarc remote BC, Bushskinz plates, D694s, Rhino Pioneer Platform, Engel 40L, Hella Compact HIDs, UH7760NB, Scangauge II, Rear shelf storage, Bushskinz rear bumper protection.

Comment

• Boris80
                • Aug 2010
                • Rockhampton

If for some reason you do damage your engine because you drove it with the filter light and you claim that it didn't come on just remember that with all new (last few years) cars the ECM (engine control module) or BCM (body control module) will log when lights come on, how long for,speed ,distance etc.
                Remember:
                Orange warning lights - Get it checked ASAP
                Red warning lights - Stop the engine ASAP and get it checked.
                08 T/D VRX, Britax 220mm Spotlights, HID conversion in all lights, OME 2" lift, Polyair bags, GME 2way, 60Lt ARB fridge/freezer, BFG 265/65/18 rubber, Inawise 4WD tpms, ARB Bullbar, ARB Awning, WDTV Live Media player. 9" LED headrest dvd players, DigOptions Navigation/Media Unit, Tigerz11 12000lb Domin8r Winch, Custom made rear shelf.

Comment

• mynance
                  • Jul 2009
                  • Hervey Bay Qld

I used CAV filters on a Diesel Mazda years ago a after Ryco filter stuffed my pump by letting water and dirt through. The CAV were excellent and would actually stop the motor if they blocked unlike the Ryco that let the water through.

Myles
                  MY 13 NW DiD VRX, Ultimate Suspensions HD all round with Coil Rite Airbags
                  Seachange 595 Elite Off Road Caravan

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X