• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mr_bosman
    • Oct 2014
    • Warrnambool

Recall NX

2012 NW Platinum Auto 3.2DiD, Colour Ironbark, with lots of other bits .......
    http://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/showthread.php?t=42467
  • Old Paj
    Pajero Club Life Member
    • Jun 2007
    • Heathcote, Vic

NX Recall

Bugger, was only at the dealers yesterday for other work to be done!

I suppose in due course we will receive a letter as our VIN is on the list.

Hopefully this will be actioned very quickly as it is really a major safety factor if affected.
    NX Pajero, Duel Batteries (under bonnet), Factory Nudge Bar, Kings Springs, Bilstein Shocks, TowPro Elite, Icom IC-450, Cooper ST-Maxx Tyres (off road), AutoMate, towing 2015 Vista Crossover XL.

Comment

• aussieintas
      Valued Member
      • Feb 2013
      • Sorell, Tasmania

Remember very recently someone on here posting they had a weld fail on a front control arm. His was an NW though so perhaps the recall may be extended. Thread below.

2014 VW Touareg V6 diesel

Previously
      88 NF Exe SWB 2.6 manual
      92 NH Gls LWB 3.0 auto
      92 NH J-Top 2.5 manual
      99 Landcruiser Gxl 4.5 manual with all the fruit
      95 NJ Gls SWB 3.0 auto
      08 NS Vrx SWB 3.2 auto​

Comment

• oscaroo
        • Dec 2017
        • Sydney

Lucky me. My MY2018 Exceed is not on the list. yay

Comment

• dreamerman
          Valued Member
          • Sep 2009
          • Sydney

Mine not on list too, not sure if that is a good thing?
          03/19 MY18 Pajero NX GLX Graphite | KUMHO AT51 265/65R17 | Ultragauge MX v1.4 | AEM GPS Speedometer | Yakima Platform on OCAM Backbone | OEM Tow Bar | KAON Internal Rear Roof Shelf | ARB Smartbar

Comment

• Old Paj
            Pajero Club Life Member
            • Jun 2007
            • Heathcote, Vic

NX Recall

Just received an email from MMAL (4:25pm) indicating our NX is on the VIN list and that the recall will occur.

Parts will be replaced free of charge and can be performed by any Mitsubishi Motors Dealer.

As parts become available we will be notified further to have repairs effected.
            NX Pajero, Duel Batteries (under bonnet), Factory Nudge Bar, Kings Springs, Bilstein Shocks, TowPro Elite, Icom IC-450, Cooper ST-Maxx Tyres (off road), AutoMate, towing 2015 Vista Crossover XL.

Comment

• GeoCal
              • Apr 2019
              • GEELONG

I got the email at 4:25 today too!

This week we have decided to recall selected 17 and 18MY NX Pajero, because we are aware of a manufacturing issue that could affect the lower control arm in the vehicle suspension.

As the owner of Mitsubishi Pajero VIN JMFLYV98WXXXXX, we can confirm that your vehicle is part of this recall.

The issue

The manufacturing issue relates to the welding on the lower control arm, which supports the steering and stability of the vehicle. We are concerned that under severe usage conditions, this may become a safety issue for the vehicle and so have decided to conduct a recall to replace the part.

This parts replacement is free of charge, and can be performed by any Mitsubishi Motors Dealer, regardless of where the vehicle was purchased. You can choose your preferred dealer and you will not be charged for any other service or repair unless you request it.

What action should affected Pajero drivers take?

As parts become available, we will contact you to make an appointment for your NX Pajero to complete the work. As always, if you are ever concerned about the operation of your Mitsubishi vehicle, we recommend you first contact your local dealer so that it can be checked.

If you are no longer the owner of this vehicle, please notify us with as much detail as possible so that we do not contact you. You can do this via the contact us link below and selecting "Update Owner Details" enquiry type.

We apologise for any inconvenience, and will contact you again soon to schedule your parts replacement.

Comment

• DaKaptin
                • Mar 2012
                • Brisbane, Qld

Bugger. Me three.

Just had my 60k service including valve clearances done like 2 days ago!
                Last edited by DaKaptin; 31-08-19, 03:22 AM.
                2017 NX Pajero Exceed with:TJM AIRTEK snorkel, HPD oil catch can, KAON i/c and sump bash plates, BushSkinz Elite transmission and transfer case plates, Boo's rear bumper plate. Stock NW 17" rims with Cooper ST MAXX @ 265/70r17

Wish list: smart Bar or ARB B/B with Carbon 12k winch, +50mm suspension, Eatons front e locker,

Gone: 2004 NP PAJERO EXCEED with 3.8L petrol and 290,000ks of memories

Comment

• Morten
                  • Jul 2018
                  • Aberdeen NSW

And my boilermaker OCD has kicked in...not in the affected list, but going under the rig for a look at the welds on mine...

Comment

• spot01
                    Valued Member
                    • Apr 2011
                    • Adelaide

Originally posted by Morten View Post
                    And my boilermaker OCD has kicked in...not in the affected list, but going under the rig for a look at the welds on mine...
                    Good idea.

I suspect the dealers will have all been instructed to check this part at servicing on every car they see outside the recall range anyway, in case the issue is spread wider, although non dealer serviced cars probably won't be checked.

At least MMAL recall cars when necessary, unlike some other brands.............
                    Pajero NX MY21 GLS

Comment

• Steve879
                      • Jan 2014
                      • Canberra

Very interesting, mine is the car from the other thread with the failure on my NW. I haven't heard back from MMAL regarding mine. I wouldn't be surprised if all will get recalled. The arms are the same. Mine was the front left and definitely a weld issue. The car leading up to the failure had a strange creak/noise on reverse from that side. Which now I believe was the lower control behind the bush seperating.

Steve
                      2012 Pajero Activ.. ARB Bar, LED Driving ights, TJM Coils and Shocks, TJM Snorkel. Dominator winch. BFG KM2 265/70/17 Stedi Led fog lights and DRL's. Icom UHF.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X