• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 2bad4u
    Valued Member
    • Jun 2009
    • Perth, Western Australia

What's your unusual mod?

Thinking about what I can do to the Pajero next and we all know the usual things like dual battery, spots, bullbar, etc, etc., but what are some of the mods people have done that are not your normal run of the mill, off the shelf type mod? Something that is maybe a bit different.

Mine was adding two volt meters to monitor both batteries, and I am surprised at just how much I use them since installing them over 5 years ago. I actually find them very useful.

So what's your mod that you don't see everyday but find useful?
    Warren
    2012 NW DiD Activ - Retired
    2023 Nissan Y62 Patrol Ti
  • geopaj
    Valued Member
    • Jul 2007
    • Adelaide

Here’s mine....

Aluminium sub tank made by a local metal fab shop (for less than a commercial tank). It has a usable capacity of 80Ltrs and sits in the 3rd row seat well meaning no reduction of departure angle and no broken sub tank mounts like others have experienced. uses a 'standard/commercial' dual filler from Brown Davies (or maybe LRA? - I forget) and a solid state fuel pump to transfer fuel into the main tank.

Spare tire mount folding step.

First I welded reinforcing and braces into the factory metal support frame for the spare tire cover/number plate holder. This included 4 additional m6 captive nuts of my new bracket and reinforcing the two m6 nuts to hold the number plate.

I then made a bracket out of 8mmm aluminium (local aluminium supplier had the perfect size piece in their scrap pile) to hold a folding marine mast step from Whitworth’s Marine.

My modifications are all behind the factory cover and the additional bolt holes are behind the number plate so it can be removed in the future, if I so desire, without a trace.

Certainly make climbing onto the roof rack easier!

Silver NT VRX Di-D

ARB bullbar | snorkel | Bushskinz & Boo’s guards | UltraGauge MX | 2" lift | Cooper AT3 LT's | dual battery | Superwinch X9 | 80ltr diesel tank | 22ltr water tank | aux trans cooler | MM Lockup Mate | GME UHF | locker/TC mod | SPV EGR | rear LED work light | rhino platform | ARB awning | rear drawers ... & plenty of scratches

My Build Thread - HERE

Previously - NL Pajero (now owned by Forum member 'Gemster')

Comment

• pb4x2
      • May 2015
      • Deception Bay Qld 4508

Originally posted by 2bad4u View Post
      Thinking about what I can do to the Pajero next and we all know the usual things like dual battery, spots, bullbar, etc, etc., but what are some of the mods people have done that are not your normal run of the mill, off the shelf type mod? Something that is maybe a bit different.

Mine was adding two volt meters to monitor both batteries, and I am surprised at just how much I use them since installing them over 5 years ago. I actually find them very useful.

So what's your mod that you don't see everyday but find useful?
      My 2012 PB Challenger auto is a 2wd or rear wheel drive and two of the unique modifications I have done is lower the side steps by 20mm and the ride height by 35mm at the front and 50mm at the rear. I also fitted a 30mm Whiteline front swaybar in less than a week of ownership to stop it falling over on corners.
      2012 PB Challenger 4x2 auto

30mm Whiteline Front Sway Bar / SPV Delete / Catch can / Auto-mate / Lowered Front 35mm Rear 50mm / Side Steps Lowered 20mm / Rear Spoiler / Sony Double DIN xav-ax1000 / Rear Camera / All the Chrome bits

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
      Working...
      X