• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dongskie2
    • Dec 2016
    • Manila & Berwick

RHD to LHD Refresh

I got myself an old gen2 swb Japanese unit and already converted to LHD from the previous owner.

Most of the wires have need modded to reach the left side and many of then had been done in haste and resulted in poor contacts and loose connections.

The A/C blower and evaporator too had been entirely replace with a Toyota unit and the air ducting was in shambles.

I've done about 70% of the electricals repairing the joints and soldering them for a secure contact.

I am now working on making a new ducting system form the right side to the middle and the driver's vent area.
    Attached Files
    Nothing beats Doing It Yourself.... Tuned 4M40 and 4D56T WIP
  • Patagonia
    Valued Member
    • Dec 2009
    • Santiago, Chile!!!!!

I would start by checking if all the steering parts modifications were well made, I've seen very dangerous adaptations
    2000 SWB NL 3.5 SOHC V6 AT.
    Adjustable suspension, Rear Locker, Suspension Seats, Cruise Control, 8500 Lbs winch, all factory fitted.
    31x10.5R15 Pirelli ATR?s and forever thinking on the lift.
    2009 SWB NS 3.2 DOHC DID AT 265/70/17 BFG AT/KO, OME SD Springs +4 Rear locker, 8.500 Lbs Winch...new toy!!!

Comment

• Dongskie2
      • Dec 2016
      • Manila & Berwick

Originally posted by Patagonia View Post
      I would start by checking if all the steering parts modifications were well made, I've seen very dangerous adaptations
      You are perfectly right on!

On this the nuts and bolts have loosen on the steering box to chassis, and the steering was wobbly when I got it. At first look they seemed tight and secured, but when I drove it the car would wander from lane to lane hahaha.

Fixed now with a new set of bolts and nuts and a welded over steel plate over the chassis for the steering box platform.
      Nothing beats Doing It Yourself.... Tuned 4M40 and 4D56T WIP

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
      Working...
      X