• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Pajaru
    Valued Member
    • Dec 2013
    • Perth

New Pajero - Should you upgrade tryes/suspension as soon as possible

Being looking into changeing my tyres/suspension but not keen due to the paj still being pretty new. So just got a couple of questions.

A litte bit of info on what 4WD we have done. So far a few treks around Perth, and the Powerline a couple of times. Looking a doing the Holland Track in a few months. The paj is also used to commute to and from work.

Is the OE Paj tyres/suspension anygood?
    Should I upgrade tyres/suspension with having under 5000kms on the clock?
    Is a lift of 50 mm worthwhile or is less better.
    Are airbags anygood and are they at risk of damage.
    Would there be any warranty issues with new suspension.
    Building Now: MY20 GLX Pajero.

Retired: MY14 GLX-R Pajero
    To go where very few have gone before https://www.pajeroforum.com.au/core/...ilies/wink.png

Our Travels & Our YouTube Channel
  • HSV Rangie
    Valued Member
    • Feb 2010
    • Hastings

depends on what you want you do with it;

Go Offroad then upgrade tyres.
    Sus is nice upgrade far better than stock.

50mm is the go,
    I run Lovels +50 HD with bistien shock struts ride is firm handle brilliant

Michael.
    2016 NX,GLS,DID,Auto. Rear DL, ARB deluxe BB, Warn winch, Safari Snorkle, Tow bar, Redarc tow pro, Front door windows tinted, Traxide SC80 dual battery system, Rino roof bars, Icom IC440 UHF, Lovells HD + 50mm springs all round, ????? shocks and struts, Proclip & Strike phone mount.

Comment

• stevemc181
      Valued Member
      • Sep 2012
      • Thornlie/Perth

I only had 2500kms on mine and 3 offroad trips around Perth, down Dwellingup way, before determining the stock suspension was useless for my needs. Got rid of the stock suspension and went HD Billies and Lovells 2" lift, much much better on and off road.
      I'd also make sure if you do this that you have it listed on your insurance policy as a mod that is covered by your insurer. I am not sure on the exact legalities of it all in WA, especially when the vehicle has Electronic Stability Control. Can't see there being any warranty issues with a 2" lift?

I am currently waiting on some new insurance quotes to make sure I am covered for the mods I have fitted.
      If you are doing things like the power lines track you might want to look into fitting some Bushskinz bash plates also. Lots of easily damaged bits, including the intercooler that really need better than standard factory plates for protection.
      2012 NW Activ with all the fruit, stripped what I could for my new build and handed over to the Mrs as a daily driver.

Current vehicle: 2016 Y61 GU Patrol Legend series Auto, (Last of the Breed)
      3505kg GVM Upgrade and 2" Lift | Warn XD 9000 Winch | Factory steel bar, towbar, snorkel, alloy roof rack | 285/70/17 (33") Mickey T ATZ P3's | 3" Manta Exhaust | ORS Drawer System | Manual Boost Controller | ECU Remap |

Comment

• Pajaru
        Valued Member
        • Dec 2013
        • Perth

Thanks HSV Rangie & stevemc181.

I have Brown Davis Radiator, Sump & Transmission guards currently installed on the pajero and the Bushskinz rear bumper protector on order.

I will check out the insurance side of things before I do anything.
        Most likely will change tyres/suspension soon (funds allowing)
        Building Now: MY20 GLX Pajero.

Retired: MY14 GLX-R Pajero
        To go where very few have gone before https://www.pajeroforum.com.au/core/...ilies/wink.png

Our Travels & Our YouTube Channel

Comment

• grhyso
          Valued Member
          • Aug 2012
          • Perth

I would definitely go suspension asap and unfortunately it seems you have already been driving your car around but I'd have driven straight from the dealer to the tyre shop to get a trade in on the stock tyres.
          2010 NT GLS DiD Auto Silver | TJM T13 Bullbar | Lightforce LED 180 Spotlights | Runva 11XP | Dual Batteries | TJM snorkel | Bushskinz & TJM bash plates | Custom alloy roof rack | Sunseeker II Awning | MDC RTT | EGR Block | Bilstein/Lovells | Dick Cepek Fun Country tyres | Wet seat seatcovers | Uniden UH7760NB | Parrot Asteroid Smart | Morel, Soundstream and Kicker Audio | MM Cargo Barrier | Storage Drawer | Onboard water system |

See our latest adventures at http://www.treksandtinroofs.com

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
          Working...
          X