Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > Generation 1 Pajero

Generation 1 Pajero NA - NG Models 1983 - 1991

Old 2 Weeks Ago

Default Ball joint and tie rod end boots

Hi guys got a few questions regarding front suspension and steering on my NB PAJ.

All my ball joints and tie rods rubber boots have turned to a sort of chewing gum. The joints themselves are fine and have been greased regularly. So ideally id like to just somehow replace the boots. As im up for a roadworthy and don't want to spend a small fortune on all the joints , Does anyone know of any thing i could use or maybe there is a car with the same joints that i could use the boots off?

If any gen 1 owners have photos of the ball joint boots that would be great too cheers

Thanks for any help
Old 2 Weeks Ago

Just get new tie rod ends there not expensive
Old 1 Week Ago

I think I heard somewhere that repco have universal ball joint boots that should fit, maybe give that a shot?
Old 5 Days Ago

So it turns out that spending the money on new ones was probably a good idea , the boots i bought from supercheap that were supposed to fit the car dont , as none of the stock joints have grooves for the boots to seat into . Ended up just buying all new tie rod ends and ball joints . Live and learn i guess.
Old 2 Days Ago

how do the boots actually seal in to the ball joint on these ones then? also where did you buy the tie rod ends from?
Old 2 Days Ago

The boots are set into a ring that you hammer onto the the joint , hard to explain but there is no groove for the more traditional ones to seat into , got the tie rod ends from repco on sale , they are of lower quality then the stock ones though which pisses me off "global" brand , 2 year warranty though so should be ok . Getting closer to finally getting the car on the road .