Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > Challenger > PB -PC Challenger 2009 - 2014

PB -PC Challenger 2009 - 2014 Covering 2.5 HP diesel

Old 1 Week Ago

Thanks for the input. The beach use is extremely limited and more dry sand work. I bought this mostly for touring. There are some water spots on the transmission sump, but all the alloy gearbox casings are shiny and are like new. I need a 4wd drive for work and at the moment I have a Navara. It gets muddy at work and does most of the beach and track work.
I had a look at the plug for the inhibitor switch this afternoon but haven’t tested it yet. I can get my hand on it but couldn’t unplug it. Only tried for a minute or 2 and really need to put it back outside to get it higher up off the ground. I might need to undo the gearbox mount so I can get a bit more room to wriggle the plug. We had a couple of storms this afternoon with hail possible, so left the car in the garage. Didn’t get much rain though, and no hail. This will probably need to wait now to the weekend.
I agree with the warranty claim possibility, just don’t trust the local dealer to find it. I have OJ’s longer tailgate struts, but put the factory ones back on for the recall. Booked my car in for a service and the recall work with about 2 weeks notice. The dealer forgot to order the struts. Booked in again for the recall, but they forgot to order again. They told me to order them from spare parts. Spare parts said that wasn’t right, but ordered them anyway and rang me when they arrived. Booked in for the recall and was told they needed the car for the day. I told them it’s a 5 minute job with a ladder and a cushion, but they put me on hold to check, and said if I dropped it off early it would be done by 2pm. I offered to show them how to do it, but that didn’t go down too well. They had the car for most of the day. How long would it take them to find this? Other dealers are about an hour away and that doesn’t work for me at the moment. You guys know more about this than they would. I’ll try a few more things before they get a look.

Cheers,
Despicable.
Raised King Suspension, Aluminium Drawer System and all the usual other stuff.

Last edited by Despicable; 1 Week Ago at 08:10 PM.
Old 4 Days Ago
Valued Member

You mention changing from lockup mate to automate, are you sure the piggy back plug on top of the transmission tunnel is in porperly? It is difficult to get to and might not be in right. Also check the pins and sockets in the piggy back plug are all ok.
PC Challenger. TJM bar and winch. Dual battery with Redarc dc-dc, Redarc trailer brake controller. USB outlets everywhere, Uniden UH5060 UHF, $0.45 EGR mod. Lovells springs and Bilstein shocks For 50mm lift. LED light bar. MM 4X4 lock up switch. Airtec snorkel, Toyo Open Country AT2, Bushskinz skid plates x3 + side steps.Torqit peddle thing. Torqit Power Module.
Old 3 Days Ago

The upgrade from Lockup Mate to Automate was done many months ago and Automate has always worked flawlessly. The recent upgrade was just a software upgrade which only involved removing and reinstalling the Automate control box. Automate is working well.
I searched the internet for similar issues and found an L200 that lost itís reverse lights with the cause being a faulty inhibitor switch, so is similar to my issue as I have lost all electronics associated with reverse, with reverse still able to be engaged and used mechanically.
I havenít had the chance to investigate this much further as yet. I have checked with a dealer to see if this part needed to be ordered. It is something they keep on the shelf. When time permits, I will lower the trans on a trolley jack to give a bit more room as I can only touch the switch plug with stretched out fingers. I plan to do this and test the switch when Mitsubishi spare parts is open so if I find the fault I can just nip out a buy the switch. I also have a mate with a hoist and can use that if I need, but would wait for my Christmas shut down if I go that way. Itís a funny thing though, the last time I used his hoist was a few years ago to swap out an auto transmission from a Jackaroo. It was a low k Jack and had an issue with reverse. Apparently, that auto (used in Toyota 4wds as well) has a circlip that lets go and causes reverse gear to slip and that was the fault mine had. I did that swap on Boxing Day a few years ago.

Cheers,
Despicable.
Raised King Suspension, Aluminium Drawer System and all the usual other stuff.