• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • talrusan
    • Oct 2019
    • Jordan

Heated seats

Hello,
    I have 2015 gls Pajero. With no heated seats. I'm thinking of buying used heated seats and switchs, and replacing current seat. I think wiring is ready. Just plug n play.
    Any one have experience in this case?

Thanks in advance

Sent from my BLA-L29 using Tapatalk
  • farcanal
    • Mar 2010

Originally posted by talrusan View Post
    Hello,
    I have 2015 gls Pajero. With no heated seats. I'm thinking of buying used heated seats and switchs, and replacing current seat. I think wiring is ready. Just plug n play.

Thanks in advance

Costly exercise I would imagine , and unnecessary unless you're living in a very cold part of the world.
    I had them on a 2005 Exceed, rarely used them in 9 years, and it gets bloody cold in winter where I live.
    I found after a few minutes they were too hot.
    Just my thoughts

Comment

• DT6061
      • May 2015
      • Tea Gardens

Originally posted by talrusan View Post
      Hello,

Thanks in advance
      Not questioning that you don't already have heated seats but the 2015 GLS should have them standard. Have used ours a few times only and for short periods, I wouldn't bother retro fitting them based on my experience. I'd expect the wiring will all be there though, same looms would be used throughout the range (GLX to Exceed).
      2015 NX GLS with stuff added

Comment

• Vicbitter
        • May 2016
        • Melbourne

I have a 2015 gls also, and came standard with heated seats.
        Love em.

Sent from my BLA-L09 using Tapatalk

Comment

• craka
          Valued Member
          • Jun 2009
          • Newcastle (Newie)

I have a NS with heated seats and think they are great too, love them in winter.
          NS SWB X 3.2DiD - Factory locker, Hella spotties, GME UHF, 2" lift

Retired: 1991 NH SWB 3.0L V6 5sp Manual, Mickey Thompson ATZs, GME UHF TX3200.

Comment

• spot01
            Valued Member
            • Apr 2011
            • Adelaide

I have the heated seats - excellent in winter in cold climates, but I wouldn't bother the tropics, etc

OP is in Jordan, so the spec may be different in the cars sold there
            Pajero NX MY21 GLS

Comment

• tommy49
              • Dec 2018
              • Melbourne

You can buy heated seat cushions that plug into the 12v socket they only cost around $40 and put a seat cover over the top. Works just as well as the heated seats and at a fraction of the cost and effort of putting new seats in.

Comment

• talrusan
                • Oct 2019
                • Jordan

Originally posted by farcanal View Post
                Costly exercise I would imagine , and unnecessary unless you're living in a very cold part of the world.

I had them on a 2005 Exceed, rarely used them in 9 years, and it gets bloody cold in winter where I live.

I found after a few minutes they were too hot.

Just my thoughts
                Look what is the case exactly. A friend who have garage having a crashed 2008 Pajero ( will be given to the the insurance company soon against a compensation ) offer to swapping what ever parts for a small amounts. So I'm planning if the seats is in a good condition and were identical to mine (same color and same leather) to swap with my seats if the heating function working fine with no extra wiring. I live in Jordan. The weather in winter can be very cold, and the leather seats can be very cold in early morning.

Comment

• talrusan
                  • Oct 2019
                  • Jordan

Originally posted by tommy49 View Post
                  You can buy heated seat cushions that plug into the 12v socket they only cost around $40 and put a seat cover over the top. Works just as well as the heated seats and at a fraction of the cost and effort of putting new seats in.
                  I bought them ones but the ties tears off. I'm over weighted. [emoji16][emoji16]

Comment

• talrusan
                    • Oct 2019
                    • Jordan

Originally posted by DT6061 View Post
                    Not questioning that you don't already have heated seats but the 2015 GLS should have them standard. Have used ours a few times only and for short periods, I wouldn't bother retro fitting them based on my experience. I'd expect the wiring will all be there though, same looms would be used throughout the range (GLX to Exceed).
                    This is what is really bothering me. Specs vary from a country to another. And sometimes it's vary from a dealer to another dealer in the same country. You can buy a gls with rear differential lock with no heated seats, or buying a gls with heated seats with no rear differential lock.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X