X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • stephenb489
    • Aug 2008
    • Geelong

"So just to be clear, you removed the EGR blanking plate and fitted an EGR electronic controller ie like the SPV industries one, and this alone made a big improvement to your throttle response and how your paj ran?

Interested aswell in what he means about blanking plate not allowing normal blow by to happen?"

Yes, the EGR off Module is similar to the SPV one. I can assure you there has been quite a bit of difference to how the Pajero performs on the open road. There is definitely a better (more lively) response when I put the foot down (to pass another vehicle etc).
    What I noted in my original comment near the commencement of this post is exactly how it was/is.
    I didn't make any other changes except blanking plate removed and module in.
    I have also noticed a slight, but absolutely definite improvement in fuel economy since installing the EGR module. I travel the same road for 40k's to get to work so I know what to expect and it's pretty clear that there is around a 0.5 k per litre improvement.

In regard to the comment about "blowby", I spoke to Robert at least 6 weeks ago and it's possible I may even have the terminology wrong, but I just don't remember clearly. I didn't realise I would need to remember it again. If further explanation is needed/wanted I am happy to phone Robert and get those details again and write them up.

The throttle controller module seems to provide a more immediate response too. I have no trouble putting the boot in when required, previously I could kick as hard as I wanted, it didn't alter the delayed response (sometimes the harder I put the foot down the slower the response), now there is definitely a more instant response.

All in all these 2 changes have made a reasonable difference to my vehicles response capability.
    Steve

NW '13 White VRX - F Diff Lock, Comp mounted in ARB Deluxe Bar, ChipIt DC with EGT Controller & EGR off module, Tech Trek drawers, AirLift airbags with wireless controlled comp, 2" lift with HD Lovells & Koni 90 & 88's, LR Auxilliary tank, Dual Battery, Redarc Controller, Runva Winch, Bushskinz Sidesteps, Scan Gauge, X-Ray 220 HID lights, Uniden RM-770, Cooper Discoverer AT3 265/65/18, Diff/Trans/Engine temp sensors with digital readout, HawksHead TPMS, Tekonsha P3 EBC & more.

Comment

• spiderpig
      • Jan 2008

All good, not having a go. Am interested in your results like a lot of the people on this forum are as any improvement to economy, response and driveability on the paj is a win. Just the theory/mechanics behind the change and improvement don't make a lot of sense to me and to be honest after the dealings myself and a lot of others have had with Robert at chip tuning I don't have a lot of faith.

Comment

• stephenb489
        • Aug 2008
        • Geelong

No worries, I didn't see anything you wrote that I thought not ok, just giving us your experience and view on this, all good.
        One other thing I have noticed that may be relevant is that what I thought was a fairly loud Turbo whistle on moderate load has completely gone since putting in the EGR off module.
        I've given the Pajero quite a few decent goes overtaking and it's not my imagination that it's more responsive, just wondering if that Turbo whistle (or it's disapearance) means something?
        Steve

NW '13 White VRX - F Diff Lock, Comp mounted in ARB Deluxe Bar, ChipIt DC with EGT Controller & EGR off module, Tech Trek drawers, AirLift airbags with wireless controlled comp, 2" lift with HD Lovells & Koni 90 & 88's, LR Auxilliary tank, Dual Battery, Redarc Controller, Runva Winch, Bushskinz Sidesteps, Scan Gauge, X-Ray 220 HID lights, Uniden RM-770, Cooper Discoverer AT3 265/65/18, Diff/Trans/Engine temp sensors with digital readout, HawksHead TPMS, Tekonsha P3 EBC & more.

Comment

• spiderpig
          • Jan 2008

Originally posted by stephenb489 View Post
          No worries, I didn't see anything you wrote that I thought not ok, just giving us your experience and view on this, all good.
          One other thing I have noticed that may be relevant is that what I thought was a fairly loud Turbo whistle on moderate load has completely gone since putting in the EGR off module.
          I've given the Pajero quite a few decent goes overtaking and it's not my imagination that it's more responsive, just wondering if that Turbo whistle (or it's disapearance) means something?
          Interesting. I wonder if you had a slight turbo/manifold leak somewhere? Maybe where the blanking plate for the EGR block was installed?

Comment

• stephenb489
            • Aug 2008
            • Geelong

When I removed the blanking plate the housing was bolted on firmly and the plate seemed to be sitting ok.
            But, maybe it wasn't on firmly enough, the options for what would be behind that whistle are probably quite limited. The whistle was very pronounced, not subtle even under medium load.
            Steve

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
            Working...
            X