• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jimaayy
    • Feb 2017
    • Sydney

Will NL bullbar fit NH?

Hi,

I'm looking for a bullbar for my 91 NH SWB and I've found one for a 99 NL LWB without flares. I note they are both gen 2 pajeros and the NL has airbags. Just wanted to know whether a bullbat from an NL will fit on an NH. Any help and advice would be greatly appreciated. Cheers!

Jimmy
  • Alex86
    Valued Member
    • Jul 2007
    • Here and there

I reckon it probably will.
    '99 NL Escape, Manual - Bullbar, roofrack, cargo barrier, D697LT, Tough Dogs, dual batts, rear draws, Narva 225 HID, UHF, led bar etc
    Towing: 4.8m Savage Centurion half-cab w/75hp Mariner

'99 NL GLS SWB, Auto - Bullbar, D697LT, spotties, UHF, Koni adjustables & King springs.

Wanted: Adventure.

Comment

• nj swb
      Resident
      • Jun 2007
      • Adelaide

I reckon it probably won't. The NL had the "factory body lift" that mounted the body higher on the chassis, so I expect the NL bull bar won't line up properly with the NH body.
      NT Platinum. DiD Auto with 265/70R17 ST Maxx, Lift, Lockers, Lockup Mate, Low range reduction, LRA Aux tank, bull bar, winch, lots of touring stuff. Flappy paddles. MMCS is gone!

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....

Scorpro Explorer Box

Comment

• erad
        Valued Member
        • Mar 2015
        • Cooma NSW

I had an NL Pajero, and I fitted a poly bar from a NJ (I think). It fitted no problems at all. I suspect that a NL bart should fit earlier models with no dramas.

Comment

• nj swb
          Resident
          • Jun 2007
          • Adelaide

Originally posted by erad View Post
          I had an NL Pajero, and I fitted a poly bar from a NJ (I think). It fitted no problems at all. I suspect that a NL bart should fit earlier models with no dramas.
          The factory body lift was introduced with the NJ, for models with the 3.5 V6 and 2.8td. If your donor NJ had either of these engines then yes, it would fit.

NH is a different story.
          NT Platinum. DiD Auto with 265/70R17 ST Maxx, Lift, Lockers, Lockup Mate, Low range reduction, LRA Aux tank, bull bar, winch, lots of touring stuff. Flappy paddles. MMCS is gone!

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....

Scorpro Explorer Box

Comment

• jimaayy
            • Feb 2017
            • Sydney

Thanks for everyone's input, greatly appreciated. Guess I will have to keep looking then! Thanks again

Comment

• stumagoo
              Valued Member
              • Jun 2014
              • Perth WA S.O.R

the front bumpers are mounted the same between NL and NJ (3.0 v6 non body lift) its the mounts on the chassis that lift the bumper to suit the body position (as I found out fitting the NL bumper to my NJ after it had been lifted to suit the NL driveline). your issues will occur with body shape, if you have got a bar from the rarest of NL's (no flare no blisterguard) then it should fit, assuming they did not change the mounts between NH and NJ it worked for me so it should work for you.

To clarify before my body lift went in the NL bumper went straight on with no issues to my NJ 3.0 v6 with no factory bodylift. I then did the body lift and cut the mounting brackets off the NL chassis and welded them onto my NJ chassis to lift the bumper accordingly
              1994 NJ 3.0 now with a 2000NL 3.5 engine and driveline, 2.5 catback, 32" MT Deegan 38's, 1" body lift, front diff drop with front tension rods indexed and cranked an 3", 3" on the rear coils
              *** retired to the big wrecking yard in the sky***
              1998 NL 3.5 blisterside, running a 6g75 (3.8) with M90 supercharger at 14psi, 305.70.16's on -44 rims 3.5" suspension lift, Custom Bull bar, winch install, custom front control arms, NJ GLS flares and some camping gear in the back

Comment

• Shogun 2000
                Valued Member
                • Aug 2009
                • Dodges Ferry, Hobart, Tassie

GQ Patrol will fit as well and a lot cheaper and more available.

2008 NS Platinum 17x8 alloys with 265x65x17 All Terrains. UHF, auxillary battery in 3rd row seat well, alloy bullbar. window tint. 2" lift. bonnet struts to do away with the rod. catch can, Hikeit X9 throttle controller.

Comment

• jimaayy
                  • Feb 2017
                  • Sydney

Thanks for that Shogun, that's really good to know!! Cheers

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X