• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • abb10
    • Dec 2016
    • Sydney

Pajero Sport M17

Hi,

Planning to get a PS in the next couple of months does anyone know when the MY17 model will be out? And do you know if there are any changes,

Don't mind waiting another month or so for the latest one.

Thanks in advance for your help!
    Last edited by abb10; 01-01-17, 02:48 PM. Reason: Typo
  • The Commodore
    Valued Member
    • Nov 2009
    • Macarthur Region NSW.

Have you checked around some of the dealerships as to whether there are any MY 17's around?
    They don't necessarily come out in the new year.
    As the PS is a reasonably new car here I doubt they would be making any big changes soon.
    After all they've sort of updated with the introduction of the seven seater.
    Regards.....Keith.

Comment

• spot01
      Valued Member
      • Apr 2011
      • Adelaide

If you look in the "fleet" section of MMAL's website, you sometimes find the brochures for new models before they appear on the main site.
      Pajero NX MY21 GLS

Comment

• SwampFox55
        • Jan 2014
        • Melbourne

Originally posted by abb10 View Post
        Hi,

Planning to get a PS in the next couple of months does anyone know when the MY17 model will be out? And do you know if there are any changes,

Don't mind waiting another month or so for the latest one.

Thanks in advance for your help!
        Wait until the MY18 arrives, maybe September. It should have the re-designed centre console that doesn’t restrict the driver’s left knee like the current one does.I’d like the door grab handle moved forward, the CD player back in and a satellite based GPS in all models. Yeah, I know, must be dreaming.

Cheers.
        White 2012 PB auto with Mitsy towbar, Smart Bar, CB radio, Philips +100% high-beam bulbs, +60% low-beam, 265 J-Trax ATs, headlight protectors, rear dust deflector, mudflap extensions & ALDI roof racks.

Comment

• fester
          Valued Member
          • Feb 2013
          • Gympie Qld

Originally posted by SwampFox55 View Post
          Wait until the MY18 arrives, maybe September. It should have the re-designed centre console that doesn’t restrict the driver’s left knee like the current one does.I’d like the door grab handle moved forward, the CD player back in and a satellite based GPS in all models. Yeah, I know, must be dreaming.

Cheers.
          And a new body would go a long way too.

Comment

• Paddymac
            • Apr 2012
            • Cairns

I was informed by my local dealer that the MY17 model will be released at the beginning of February. From what I am led to believe there are no real changes. A few software tweaks and oh yeah adaptive cruise control. He thought it may also include lane departure warning but he wasn't sure about that one. I am ordering a bronze exceed for delivery early March.

Paddy

Comment

• inspector gadget
              • Dec 2016
              • Oxenford

Originally posted by Paddymac View Post
              I was informed by my local dealer that the MY17 model will be released at the beginning of February. From what I am led to believe there are no real changes. A few software tweaks and oh yeah adaptive cruise control. He thought it may also include lane departure warning but he wasn't sure about that one. I am ordering a bronze exceed for delivery early March.

Paddy

Interesting about adaptive cruise, should be able to have on current Exceed with all the hardware in place to allow for it.
              Hope one day there is a software update to allow for it. Had lane departure in last car, was annoying.

Comment

• Jas2909
                • Feb 2016
                • Penrith NSW

surely the adaptive cruise is just a software update.....

Comment

• inspector gadget
                  • Dec 2016
                  • Oxenford

Originally posted by Jas2909 View Post
                  surely the adaptive cruise is just a software update.....

I agree!

Comment

• SilverTrevally
                    • Aug 2016
                    • Melbourne

Originally posted by SwampFox55 View Post

Cheers.
                    Hmmm, interesting..how'd you find out regarding the centre console mate? Is the source reliable? Thinking of buying one myself in Sept.

Comment

• SilverTrevally
                      • Aug 2016
                      • Melbourne

Originally posted by SilverTrevally View Post
                      Hmmm, interesting..how'd you find out regarding the centre console mate? Is the source reliable? Thinking of buying one myself in Sept.
                      So from this thread, it sounds like 2017 model will have centre console garnish revised to avoid knee knocking and also adaptive cruise control. Can someone confirm that? I've scoured the net and can't seem to find anything on this. Hoping to sink some money on it too.

Comment

• Paddymac
                        • Apr 2012
                        • Cairns

I wasn't told by my dealer anything about the centre console but he had a bit of paper from Mitsubishi confirming the adaptive cruise. I have ordered an My 17 in bronze. First delivery into AUS of the My 17 is mid February

Comment

• SenojNW
                          • Feb 2016
                          • Perth

If they add adaptive cruise for '17 and don't offer to flash the software on the '16 it will be a rort as there is no hardware change required - radar is already there in the Exceed... in saying that I wouldn't be surprised if that's how they play it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• SilverTrevally
                            • Aug 2016
                            • Melbourne

Originally posted by SenojNW View Post
                            If they add adaptive cruise for '17 and don't offer to flash the software on the '16 it will be a rort as there is no hardware change required - radar is already there in the Exceed... in saying that I wouldn't be surprised if that's how they play it

Are you sure that the current misacceleration system is via radar? I thought it was ultrasonic?

Comment

• SenojNW
                              • Feb 2016
                              • Perth

Originally posted by SilverTrevally View Post
                              Are you sure that the current misacceleration system is via radar? I thought it was ultrasonic?

Not the misacceleration - the auto braking is definitely radar - there is a Bosch unit under the badge on the front of the Exceed

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X